What happened to the servers at launch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 29, 2021.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

He wanted to kick a puppy because something annoyed him.
  2. Gio1999 Augur

The hell kind of stupid logic is this?
    Accipiter, OldTimeEQ1 and Skuz like this.
  3. Kahna Augur

You really think that it would have been better for them to cram 2 servers worth of people on one server and make them queue... really?

The servers needing to be merged in a year isn't a bad thing, it's a great thing. It means that we will have a wonderful population going forward for a long time to come.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Surebuddy New Member

Thornblade was not an overflow server and they claified on that. They said it originally was intended to be one, but since there was such high demand, they just made an identical clone
    Skuz and Tweakfour17 like this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

DBG just can't win can they? Either the server has queues for days and crashes non stop and people rage or they launch 2 servers, minimal queues, minimal crashes and suddenly its an unpopular DoA server. Maybe the performance changes they implemented after Aradune actually worked? Naaaaah
    :rolleyes:
    Fallfyres, Skuz and Aelfwine like this.
  6. Ownanat Journeyman

Dude what would you rather have? Que times or a dead server? Que times suck yes but it means there is interest and everyone wants to play.

Dead server means you can play, but by yourself. It's common sense! You sound like trump
  7. Kahna Augur

It just boggles my mind that you can think for one second that a server system that filled two servers is in any way unpopular. Yeah, they may have to be combined in a year, but that is fine. The one server a year from now will have more people in it than normal TLP servers do.

Neither server is dead, and the combined server a year from now won't be dead either. You craycray.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Lol whatever man, dead server is dead I guess.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And as we saw with the Aradune launch, if Queues are too long it puts people off and the company loses customers - that's a bad situation, for everyone, the players who couldn't play due to queues lose out on an opportunity to play on the new server and may have a far less favourable view of the game, the company loses money from lost custom, and the game is worse off from loss of growth potential & loss of getting players back into the game who might have returned.

If there looks like being enough demand to have a healthy population on 2 servers which there clearly was then the right decision was made.
    I myself didn't think we would need 2 TLP servers launched together and I am happy to admit I was wrong about that.

2 servers was the right decision & the current populations prove that, and should one or both servers lose enough players through natural attrition the server merge into one will happen as planned.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

We currently have 2 new TLP servers with lots of people on them playing the game and having fun.
    On past TLP we had weeks of crying and complaining about queues and not being able to play and that situation absolutely lost the company revenue in lost players that it was not accommodating.
    That's a positive outcome, DarkPaw have managed on this year's TLP launch to achieve what most players wanted from a TLP launch, well except for you obviously.

Are you seriously saying that you think 8 weeks of people crying and complaining they cant even play on the new server is better than 2 servers with healthy populations and very few complaints about queues or not being able to play?

The only one confused here looks like you.
    Kylo Classic and Tweakfour17 like this.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

If they cared about that then we'd see more server merges. Fippy had literally 0 players for how long before it got merged? Selo/Phinny/Ragefire/Coirnav/Agnarr all have or had only a fistful of guilds left and none of them got merged. They aren't trying to salvage any player base. They opened 2 servers with the intent to eventually merge them as a way of reducing queues and rage.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Nykara2 Elder

Thornblades great so far. Minimal toxicity, healthy pop (people everywhere). Fun server. I think it has staying power for now and merge won't be needed for a while
    Skuz likes this.
  13. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Some of the (il)logical arguments in this thread are...fascinating!
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

FTFY:D
  15. Kahna Augur

I have to tell myself not to feed the trolls and to just keep playing the game, on the servers which will still be wildly popular well into the future.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The issue with the Thornblade queue also lasted, like, 90 minutes tops, and was resolved while mischief still had a massive queue.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Kylo Classic Augur

18. Accipiter Old Timer

Your post has no point.
    Kylo Classic likes this.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Did you miss the part where there were two identical servers this time? Twice the capacity, twice the throughput, etc.
  20. Captain Video Augur

I'm not bothering to track chat channel numbers, but Thornblade is definitely a much lower pop than Mischief. The argument could be made that the two pops combined could have fit nicely on one server, and a second was never necessary.