Loot Pinata vs RMTers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Surebuddy, May 29, 2021.

1. Machen New Member

You'd need selos unlock speed too. Imagine a server where you could get everything done you wanted to do, all the aaxp you need, bis everything, in 2-4 weeks but need to wait 12 for the next expansion. It would be pretty rough to sustain population.

At this point they've also fallen into the same trap they did with Phinigel--changing too many variables at once. With Phinigel, with both AoC's + Truebox being new, no one could say for sure which how much each of those contributed to the success, and so it took them four years before they were willing to even tinker with that formula and give Rizlona a try. Turns out AoC's plus no truebox can be successful too with Rizlona still high pop every night a year later.

Now with FV loot, randomized loot, and extra abundant loot all thrown onto the server -- whatever the outcome, whether it thrives or fails, no one will be able to pinpoint why exactly. But at least it'll make for some good forum arguments.
  2. PotatoPowa Elder

I already told you exactly why this will fail. There'll be no value to the items under the 'everyone gets a prize - no, everyone gets a million prizes!' model.

These mouth breathers who demand to never be challeneged will think it is great at first. As they do. They can't see further than the end of their nose with anything. But this is going to feel seriously boring and pointless in just a little while. Guaranteed.
  3. Baulkin Augur

If you don't enjoy it, luckily Aradune is still going strong.
  4. The Greatest Beaver Journeyman

They said the same thing about DZs look where we are now, these will be the most successful servers in everquest history.
    NoMoreTLPs, Fallfyres, Skuz and 3 others like this.
  5. PotatoPowa Elder

The way I always know I am right is when the majority disagree. The majority never wants the truth.
  6. Machen New Member

I tend to agree. But I also thought it would fail without the extra loot, for different reasons. I could be wrong, but I think people will eventually come to dislike not reliably knowing where to go to camp specific items. It turns out those two reasons might compensate for each other -- if all the items are dropping constantly everywhere, then my initial concern is moot.

FV loot code is pretty irrelevant too if there's so much loot dropping that there's no need to ever trade for anything.

Unfortunately, if it does fail because of random loot, or because of too much loot, they will probably say, "Well we tried FV loot, and it turns out it was unpopular and didn't work!"
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah and people disagreed with you, that's what a debate involves. You are entitled to your opinion, so is everyone else.

That's an arrogant thing to say, and to insult everyone who disagrees with you is really very conceited.

And you even doubled down on your arrogance & conceitedness, nice one dude.:rolleyes:
  8. Demetri Augur

Except there will always be another expansion a month or two away - so, yea - your argument has no legs.
    NoMoreTLPs, Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  9. Thez69 Elder

lol the people still farming kunark dragons on aradune arent fans of mischiefs abundance of loot

do you think that might not be an effective strategy this time
    NoMoreTLPs, Demetri and HoodenShuklak like this.
  10. Surebuddy New Member

I wholeheartedly disagree with those saying it'll get old. Many people work and have families to tend to and 60-90 days really isn't a long time. I would love to have my toon in BiS in current era without having to deal with krono farmers training camps and being toxic. After my main gets geared in a few weeks, I can then work on my alts. For your average employed family man, it's difficult to acquire BiS in such a short time frame. Every couple months all that BiS gear becomes obsolete when the new xpacs unlock. Sure it can get old and boring for your hardcore player who is doing open world and instances all day long 7 days a week. You're still having to compete against 71 other players in a full raid.
  11. PotatoPowa Elder

You don't know what a debate is, you think it's an argument that one wins by popular vote. A debate is a conversation to discover the truth. You and your echo chamber are not interested in the truth and have never been, hence what you think is a debate is actually a squabble, and that 10 idiotic and wrong opinions are worth 10 times one educated opinion. You have been socially conditioned that reality will change if you can summon enough fools to vote for what it is. Which is why I support the vaccination program and hope you went out and got your shots.
  12. Nyvlag Elder

Is your opinion the educated one?

I'll need to see your bona fides, sir.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Saying you are right and the fact everyone disagrees with you is proof you are right is not a debating point either, you are not giving valid facts, only opinions.
    Unless you can back up your argument with evidence your "tyranny of democracy" stance is bankrupt.

You are entitled to your own opinions, you are not entitled to your own facts.
    Bardy McFly and Demetri like this.
  14. Ash W. New Member

I absolutely love the drop rates on these new servers, and i havent even killed a named yet! Its awesome being able to easily gear up, though i do agree that keeping group and raid loot on the respective mobs should be a goal.

Otherwise, keep that loot rain coming please dpg!
    Bardy McFly, Demetri and Skuz like this.
  15. Captain Video Augur

I didn't want to wade into any of your numerous conflict threads, but I can't let this go. Every TLP cycle, you demonstrate a total failure to comprehend what it is like to play as a casual on any of the progression servers. As someone who has never raided on a TLP (so far) (and as you well know), I claim to be such a casual player. Listen up:

The biggest single obstacle to progression for a casual player is, and has always been, making money. Gear has always been available for sale, in some quantity. The more experienced players know what kinds of group gear can be found available for purchase, and they also know some tricks to make some plat within the first few weeks by farming certain items the racers need and will pay for to save them time. They will also know what craftable items will have market value, and spend a little time on TS to profit that way, e.g. banded armor in Classic.

All of this expertise is out the window on a loot-flooded server. At each expansion, the racers will beat the casuals to the rare named which are now programmed to drop lots of goodies. They'll make all the plat, until eventually the market is saturated and the prices crash. The casual player will have to wait longer than before to get access to any of this gear, since the only way for them to make plat now is to grind it out, and by definition the casual is playing fewer hours and doesn't have that much time to grind.

You can't possibly know if the new ruleset is more "casual friendly" yet, the servers are only four days old. My prediction is exactly the opposite of yours, I think the casual will come to see the ruleset as a P2W formula which favors the power guilds and mass boxers (aka the RMT crowd) even more than in previous cycles, and they'll switch to a different ruleset server which has more known order and not this level of chaos.

Being able to get AAs faster? That doesn't begin to become relevant until after PoP, at which point the RMT crowd will have moved on to the next server cycle, and by then any casual players who may have hung in there that long will have joined a casual player's guild.

And as an aside... the more people you feud with on the forums, the more my appearance in your .sig becomes a status symbol. :) :)
    Demetri and Gheed like this.
  16. Riou EQResource

Selling a krono should go way further since all the loot is "worthless", this makes platinum "worthless" as well since most of what you might spend it on now holds almost no value

This should also make people in general have much more platinum since there are less hardcore people sucking up all the plat from casuals

Items are already low value within a week of launch, the previous servers didn't get that cheap anywhere close as fast and once more people get used to / learn the system new expansion stuff prob wont start anywhere close to as high

You should only be able to sucker people 1 time at most until they learn on these new servers
    Demetri and Skuz like this.
  17. Captain Video Augur

Krono = RMT. By definition, casual players don't buy or trade Krono.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  18. SoandsoForumUser Augur

I'm loving the loot so far, made my first named camp in the mid 20's way more interesting. Only downside is it's getting hard to get keys to get through unrest, so recruit rogues I guess?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  19. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This thread is headed quickly to the CV hall of fame. So much gold in here, but I had to highlight this one. CV believes that casual players do not purchase kronos from Darkpaw. Who do you think is buying them then?

Spoiler: the life cycle of a krono is as follows. Purchased by a casual player who wants plat or neat items in EQ -> traded to a hardcore player that has plat or neat items -> hardcore player consumes the krono to fund a month of all access instead of paying real life money. Sometimes there's additional steps in the middle, but that is always how the cycle begins and ends.

If you think non-casual (i.e. hardcore) players are the ones purchasing krono from Darkpaw for real dollars... I think you may be farther gone than most of your other posts led us to believe.
  20. Captain Video Augur

Like Skuz, your posts are rife with personal attacks and low on factual content. I never said anything close to what you attributed to me above. My definition of "casual player" is different from yours, as I have stated in many other threads over the years. From my perspective, anyone who is spending Real Money over and above subscription cost for gameplay enhancements (i.e. not cosmetics) is not a casual player. The rest of the gaming industry sides with my definition, not yours. EQ is not the center of the gaming universe, sorry... neither are gamers who play EQ and nothing else.

Let's see what the market looks like on these new servers in six months time. One of the two sides in this discussion is going to look pretty stupid, on that I trust we can agree.