Too fast on suspension on multi pc's - any one else get this

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ilshade, May 29, 2021.

1. Ilshade Augur

Hi
    Just got suspended for 7 days yaya blabla - ok now that your through.

What i am trying to understand when running actually 3 pcs with 3 monitors etc..

GM shows up no tell moves one of my characters a few feet while i am fighting on my other toons ( other screens ) doesn't even give me time to finish fight and respond and then disconnect on main then the other two, we are talking all this happened in under 1min of time.
    I am totally behind suspensions and banning of boters etc.. but people playing 3 pcs at my age don't have that kind of response time. I am just saying EQ dev or EQ person checking give a person at least a few moments to get out of battle and be able to responds. this I am here and you have to drop everything cause i am god attitude is not what us paying people are looking for. I know this will probably fall on deaf ears but i have played EQ for years and this is the first time this has happened to me and i play the same way each server TLP that has come out. Unless i am not understanding the rules of this server Thornblade i am allowed to play 3 separate machines and 3 separate accounts. I am not into throwing cash away on a game that doesn't abide by its own rules and suspends accounts like this, ( i have put up with a lot of BS from the game for years and stuck around ) i don't want to play a game and walk on egg shells when playing if i am doing something wrong, i guess after 20years the game has out grown my style of play.

If a GM wants to message me and we figure something out, i will just take my fat wallet somewhere else.
    Sraad, Corwyhn Lionheart and Brontus like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

GM's may use ANY channel of communication.

/tell has not been getting used by GM for over 6 months now but they can use it at any time

/say is what they have been using lately, but again they can use something else entirely at any time they wish

They can use:
    /emote
    /ooc
    /shout
    /say
    /tell
    /gsay
    /guildsay

they can even hop into any channel you are using if they feel like it

You missed it, got a suspension, happens all the time and plenty of players have been suspended for failing to respond to a GM.
  3. Gio1999 Augur

Dollars to donuts - VMWare.
  4. RainbowTest Augur

Pretty sure they use say because you can't really set audio triggers for say without getting a ton of unnecessary spam. I use tell audio triggers all the time on raids so that I buff folks.
  5. Wovel Journeyman

This seems odd and a bad policy. I almost never read "say chat" on my main pc, even if I am only playing on one PC. If I am playing on two I don't read any chat at all on the other computer. No unattended gameplay does not mean you have to read all the chat channels. That is silly.
    asdfasdf, Sraad, Nykara2 and 2 others like this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't think it is bad policy to actively check if players are using automation software by testing their ability to respond to a GM, if your attention span is not able to manage looking at chat at all that's a YOU problem.

Whether you think its silly or not won't matter if you get suspended, if you are reported for AFK play and you miss a GM asking you for a response in /say and you fail to respond in a timely manner you will get suspended.

Now that you know the GM's often use /say and that they can use any communication channel available to them you should adapt to the situation, or plan what to do during your suspension.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

It would be nice if you could filter mob /say out so it was only player/GM /say in a chat window. The reason /say gets ignored so much is because NPCs spam it all day.
    Warpeace and minimind like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am sure every automater would love that, they could go back & rewrite all the scripts & audio triggers that they had for /tell to use the GM filtered /say.

All I do is have a chat window that only has say going to it, on each PC I find that useful for boxing anyway as its easier to click on the blue text from 3 PC's mice than typing that on 3 separate keyboards.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

ehhh I'm sure the more sophisticated ones already have regardless.
    This works just fine for getting quests or talking to people nearby in PoK or w/e, but becomes a fast scrolling mess when you have a fistful of mobs in camp which is when the GMs like to slip a line in there lol. Its how you get these (alleged) false positives, someone is focused on the actions they are doing and ignoring the window thats full of junk. *shrug*
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I agree it can be difficult, but that's the reality of the situation.

If you're boxing you just have to be aware of this.
  11. Wovel Journeyman

It is definitely silly. The problem is even if I am just playing with computer I don’t look at say. Except on very few raids say is a worthless place for my attention. Has nothing to do with attention span. Catching cheaters is important, but not suspending loyal customers who are not violating any rules is more important. This is basic customer service and if they are suspending people solely based on not responding to a GM speaking in say then they are wrong. I have not seen evidence this is happening. I assume they have some other evidence too. If not, then yes it is bad.

I for one would like daybreak to state publicly that responding to GMs in say chat (or any chat) is an actual requirement to be compliant with the rules on a TLP server. They won’t because if they did they would look silly.

You are far more likely to get a response from someone who is actually breaking the rules then someone who is just playing the game.
    Nykara2, Nickatropolis and Brontus like this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Silly how?

How is it the GM's problem you are ignoring /say?

How is it not a lack of attention to be ignoring /say or any other communication channel you have that is active?

You are making up excuses is all this is, you CHOOSE not to look at /say you are not being prevented from doing so by the game.

Okay, then how would you tell the difference between someone who is automating and someone who is just choosing to ignore a GM?

There is a set of policies GM must follow when investigating alleged cheating.
    What I have read & heard from prior GM and CS personnel is that The GM tend to take a few minutes to observe player actions before initiating communication with them, firstly to see if their observations match the behaviour described in the petition they are investigating and if they can observe any breaches of the T&C of the game themselves.
    If they suspect automation they usually need to check if the player is actually at the keyboard - and the only way they can do that is to ask the player for a response, they do allow some time for the player to respond but if they do not that goes in the report and along with the observed behaviour will be grounds for disciplinary actions in line with the policy on cheating.

That's like saying peanuts need to have "may contain nuts" on the packet. It doesn't need to be said, any reasonable person would expect to have to respond to a GM if they were asking you a direct question, it's like a Cop pulling alongside you in their cruiser and asking you why you are walking down the street with a crowbar in your hand.

Another excuse for you choosing to ignore /say I guess.
    Anyone who is at the keyboard and actively playing the game should be paying attention to the messages generated in the game, if you cannot do that or refuse to do that then you need to consider adapting the game, your PC or changing how you play so that you can do so.
    Ruhi likes this.
  13. Machen New Member

This is a thing already, sorta. I forget the tags but NPC text and PC/GM text can be set to different colors. Personally I have npc set to dark grey and PC set to bright white precisely because I don't want to miss a GM afk checking me using /say. Unfortunately, audio triggers can't distinguish between the two.

The automated tools can already tell the difference.
  14. KrakenReality Augur

It's already easy enough to get notifications regarding GMs and respond. You don't have to be at the PC, you can get the notifications and reply via phone anyways.

As far as filtering the "say" channel via audio trigger you can just have it ignore the mobs in the camp that your program is pulling. Thus, just leaves players, GMs, and any unexpected mobs.

The average rube always gets caught, but the more sophisticated people skate through.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

True enough I am sure.

The professional coders and script writers will be carrying on regardless.
    The "rubes" will get caught out for the dumbest crap ever.

But there will be people inbetween those levels of ability who will have varying degrees of success or failure at evasion.

The overall principle is to catch the low-hanging fruit first, they are the easiest to spot, the easiest to persuade that cheats do not prosper and are the larger number, nab all of them and you just put a big dent in the cheating problem.

To catch the inbetweeners you need a higher quality method of detection and there are fewer of them.

To catch the pros, well now you're in nuclear arms race territory and there are more of them than EQ coders.
    KrakenReality likes this.
  16. KrakenReality Augur

Fortunately, there's a market place solution always provided by the internet. Which, shifts the the bar higher and higher.
  17. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Every player should be allowed to courtesy and due process to appeal their suspension.
  18. Arclyte Augur

19. Archess Elder

Why do I always hear the regular joe 3 boxer guy gets suspended, for failing a check but the 64 boxRMTmaster can just carry on like they didnt do anything wrong ?

It be nice to hear GM's do their job and do something against the box armies and leave the little guy alone, I mean what kind of rmt power does a 3 boxer wield, exactly nothing.

Quite frankly if i am in combat and someone sends me a tell or says something in say chat to me, he's going to have to wait till I am done fighting
    Niskin likes this.
  20. Pyur New Member

Should you? The default UI completely disagrees with you. I realize few people use it, but you should not be banned if you do. If you switch to the combat tab while in combat, then by your logic you deserved to be banned for not constantly clicking back over to check for completely irrelevant say messages.

Your right, that is not silly. Silly was a gross understatement.