Hate Trash Dropping Dragon Loot (Mischief)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gheed, May 28, 2021.

1. TheGoblin Elder

This has been fixed. All golems are now 51 and not dropping dragon loot per sources. Seems like they hotfixed it right after the raid was over per other forums.
  2. Triconix Augur

I never understood the correlation between amount of words and level of care. Seems kind of fallacious if you ask me.

My post is directed towards the people complaining about the loot. Thought that was pretty evident. The server is a total gimmick rule set. Don't be surprised when nonsensical stuff happens and people exploit it. There's a lot of people in this game and a few of them suck. Nothing new.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. ZzznakeDoctur Journeyman

And this is the answer. Clearly the loot-randomization is supposed to be level-appropriate. A level 51 Spite Golem (obviously) shouldn't be dropping the same items as level 55 Dragons/Gods.
  4. Lateryn Augur

I am sure there will be some stuff like this in the future. Naturally going to happen trying a completely new thing and the amount of variety in EQ and its code.
  5. Ash W. New Member

Im not mad at this tbh, will give everyone a shot at nice drops... even solo players eventually
  6. Gheed Is not reading your response

I made a thread about an obviously broken mechanic. Said mechanic has now been hotfixed. Never did I call for bans or anything of that nature because it makes no sense. The points I made were about the people clearly knowing it was a bug but then coming here to my post and claiming its working as intended and that I should buzz off. Gotta love how you categorize literal trash mobs dropping 6 pieces of god/dragon loot as a "small problem".

Anyways, I hear its fixed. Kinda weird considering how many of you swore that this is normal and I am just a "karen".

Bunch of clowns
    Duder likes this.
  7. Bard2019 Elder

I'm not in Zaide's guild, I'm not even one of his friends, but I agree with his actions and if you care about EverQuest, you should too because we've all seen this type of thing year after year. The fact is that had the developers spent just a few short hours testing things before launching the server(s) they would have encountered these countless issues and it could have been resolved. That last sentence someone could have said every single year since TLPs started up and I'm sure they have, yet here we are with it happening again.

We also know that no matter how many people petition in-game or come to the forums to point out very clear and obviously exploits, bugs, TOS violations, etc. that happen all too often on TLPs, that the developers only very rarely do anything about it in a timely manner. Everything from 24/7 box camping of Hill/Ice Giants by botters for months on end to quest exploits that give certain people huge advantages over others. Sometimes the only way to get the developers to fix this game that we all love so much, is to put our accounts at risk to draw attention to the problem. Which is something that Zaide (and others) has done on countless occasions over the years and the game is better for it. You should be thankful to the man and his guild for putting their accounts at risk to fix problems in the zone before you yourselves, crawl yourselves out of lower guk and make it into the planes. Because of their efforts last night, you may end up with the server working as intended - which is clearly what a lot of you are saying you want. Consider it a win-win and be thankful you didn't have to risk your own account.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  8. Duder Augur

Look at dis guy Karen about people Karening.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are forgetting the fact that there are multiple levels of raid mobs and not all have the same difficulty. In this case they are raid trash which is meant to be easier to to kill but as a result drop lower quality items. A quick breakdown would be to have raid trash which are around to not make it to easy to move from boss to boss, raid minis which present a better challenge but not as hard as a boss and finally the raid bosses.

Not every raid mob should be expected to have the same difficulty and loot levels.
    Skuz and Duder like this.
  10. Trox2010 Augur

Mehh they should have just let it go; let that loot rain from the skies until a Cloak of Flames is only going for 100plat and fbss are just vendor trash. In the end why whine if the loot is going to be more readily accessible to everyone.
  11. c313 Augur

Its clearly working as intended. Spite Golems are the hardest trash in Hate. It makes absolute sense that they would be dropping Dragon and God loot with how the new loot rules are set for on Misch/Thorn.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

To you it makes sense but to others it doesn't and it appears the point of this thread is to get confirmation on it.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You do not understand the definition of "exploit"....
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Kylo Classic Augur

So an entire thread about nothing. A raid got some loot...that's what they do.
  15. Stymie Pendragon

Actually, the thread was to point out an oversight in the Hate loot tables. It has now been hot-fixed, and I can only assume that this thread had something to do with it.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Where do you see that the hate loot was hotfixed? The only hotfix I read about was the out of era loot dropping.
  17. Surebuddy New Member

Lots of RMTers seem to be quite offended that there is a plethora of loot. Hard to gouge people when they can now go out and get the gear themselves through playing the game. Perhaps it's not WAI, but I'd venture to guess that most people don't have issue with it. Classic is already over in 26 days and most people probably aren't going to see 50/end game in classic
  18. Stymie Pendragon

This is where I saw it.
  19. Gnomie Denser than most

When the guild leader says "I know it's not intended" then proceeds to encourage people to "exploit it as much as possible" then yes, people have a reason to whine about it. It's just like the guild that got a full raid worth of Trakanon teeth GIVEN to them on Coirnav, week one. It changed the entire dynamic of the server and the raid guilds on it.
  20. Bullsnooze Augur

If, ‘the pot calling the kettle black’ needs an example, please see above.
    Gheed and Starc like this.