Mischief, the land of the Macaroni Quest overlords..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MischiefMan, May 28, 2021.

1. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Once again, I'd like to point out to DBG that right now is the perfect time to do one of two things, or even both!

Hire more GMs. This past year has proven to the gaming industry that people CAN work from home and be productive. I have a separate PC that could be devoted to being run strictly as a DPG GM machine. I'd gladly install any snooper software you want to run while I am on the clock. I'll hand over my account usernames, so they could be monitored for me "gaming" the system. I'm just NOT going to move to California.

Reinstate the original Guide Program. Empower Guides to be invisible, not show up when you do a /who in zone. Give them the tools needed to capture evidence needed to prove somebody is cheating. That evidence would then be escalated with the ticket to a GM, for final review and decision. Give them back the tools we had that we used to help other players.

Doing both would help everybody out. With guides helping gather evidence for GMs, it could not only speed up resolution of the ticket, it could also mean the difference between actually catching a cheater, and having to shrug shoulders and say, "Oh well, maybe next time."
  2. MischiefMan New Member

I'm pretty sure I know what selo's speed is, and I'm smart enough to target the person and see that they're level 5, and buffless, going 10x faster then selo's speed could go with max drums. I'm also smart enough to know you cant disappear at succor point in the zone then appear in the next zone over, then the zone next to that 20 seconds later.
  3. MischiefMan New Member

Also, I have reported every occasion only to get
    Greetings Traveler,

We would like to thank you for reporting this suspected violation of our policies, and for helping us enforce our Terms of Service and Code of Conduct. This situation will be investigated and if it is determined that there is a violation of our policies, appropriate action will be taken. As with all cases of inappropriate behavior, we cannot give out information regarding the actions taken against another player's account, as this information is considered to be private.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Guides are player volunteers to help with community-building and providing some interesting Roleplay with minor rewards for players getting involved. As far as their being helpful in tracking down cheaters their "powers" stop in that regard at exactly the same level ordinary players do.

I am sure the guides do raise petitions for cheating seeing as how these are some of the most invested EQ players around but only DarkPaw/DayBreak staff are trained and authorised to carry out investigations & disciplinary procedures and are held accountable for them and that's as it should be.

Could we use more GM, I am sure we could but that's a business decision for DayBreak/DarkPaw to make.
  5. MischiefMan New Member

I only posted here after I've petitioned on multiple accounts multiple times with detailed information. Some of these people move so fast by the time I can activate fraps the people are already gone they can move so quickly so getting video evidence can be difficult at times unfortunately.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And?

That has always been the case and it is pretty standard procedure across the industry.

If you are looking for more feedback than that your expectations are unrealistic.

Some companies will release data about how many people they banned this month, I know Mythic did that with Warhammer Age of Reckoning for example but that's about as much as any game company will give.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Songs don't go on the buff bar you can see, the special AA versions do but that's it.
  8. Kylo Classic Augur

Yeah, sounds like you might quit.....can i have your stuff?
  9. Gheed Is not reading your response

Yeah I think you are being dramatic. Definitely not even close to as bad as you are describing
  10. MischiefMan New Member

People are saying I didn't petition, I'm just posting that I did, I didn't make one comment about the feedback.
  11. MischiefMan New Member

Yeah hop on I'll give you my 2GP.
  12. MischiefMan New Member

Regardless, this was like hour one of launch, no bard has selo's speed that can go that fast even in late game content. This guy was across GFay in about 2 seconds.
  13. MischiefMan New Member

And you're right, a majority of the population doesn't cheat. But it still exists and people don't even try to hide it lol.
  14. Sir Sire New Member

If you can't beat em, join em!
  15. Gheed Is not reading your response

How would you know someone is "across GFay in about 2 seconds". Claims like this literally make no sense. With that said there ARE definitely cheaters, like in any other game or activity on earth.

However it is by no means to the extent of what you are describing. You also need to petition people with evidence. You typing into a petition "so and so is cheating" literally will do nothing. You are naive for thinking it will.

I am sorry you let a cheater or two defer you from playing the game.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I interpreted your "only to get" remark as some dissatisfaction on the amount or quality of feedback you received.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Could have been you observed a speed-hack, could have been you observed lag on a busy server too.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Probably the worst possible advice.
  19. Sir Sire New Member

Yeah lmao, just trolling
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I was a Guide, back before they were relegated to handing out cookies and milk in POK. Which is why I said reinstating the program of old. Back in the day, we could receive many different types of tickets. Usually it was answer a question, or help out a character that was stuck in the geometry, but it was also occasionally gather information regarding a ticket, and escalating it to a GM.
    Skuz likes this.