Out of era loot is dropping on Thornblade.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WokeCat, May 26, 2021.

1. WokeCat Augur

Notably items from the Dragons of Norrath expansion.

So far it hasn’t been a super huge deal, but a lot of people are upset, and it makes you wonder if this trend will continue with higher level loot?
  2. Zinth Augur

which items ?
  3. WokeCat Augur

minimind likes this.
  4. Zinth Augur

hah that is like the best 2hander you can get in classic so gamebreaking or not shouldn't exist... and if that is one of them, I bet there is more...

but I bet they don't have time while they nerf the mailrun for that whopping 6g per run because omg that is gamebreaking...
  5. WokeCat Augur

The armor that dropped was better but I don’t remember the name of it since it was from an expac I never played
  6. Ranger1985 New Member

Seems like revamp lavastorm and sewers items drop, some good stuff but nothing game breaking on those drop lists. those zones are marked as classic so prolly got swept in. these items dropped on fippy server too but were removed for ragefire.. they didnt make any difference on fippy.
  7. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Lot of out of era items being linked in chat, especially from Freeport Sewers.

Did the whole "shared loot" implementation miss out the in-era items and include stuff from rest also?
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Think of revamped items as "chase loot".
    minimind and Skuz like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well they don't evolve, but I get where your head is at.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

Sounds like a couple npcs (and their associated drops) got missed and the devs are going through them and removing them as they come to light.
  11. Xhartor Augur

Destroy it, then try to reclaim it after the GM delete the items.
  12. Alchem The Judge Journeyman

Not all chase loot is evolving. TDS, EoK. RoS, had chase loots with no evolving items.
  13. Zinth Augur

TSS did too, those zonewide rare drops quite a few expansions got em
    Alchem The Judge likes this.
  14. jeskola pheerie

They already fixed this (and the Freeport Sewers revamp loot) yesterday around 7:30pm PT per Ngreth in Mischief Discord.
  15. taliefer Augur

They did say in the announcement that this server type is “experimental” , figured a few things would get missed. That sword is the best item I’ve seen, and it’s not the best weapon in classic as claimed here, it’s not even as good as the obsidian flamberge from sol A
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Zonewide rares are not what I considered Chase loot, the two things are quite different to me.
  17. KrakenReality Augur

That's not how the dev team has defined chase loot.
    Alchem The Judge likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well the following thread has Ngreth quoted as mentioning Ultra-Rares (zonewide Rares) as their own thing, the players in that thread mostly consider chase loot to be the 4 Evolving TBL items from the Fight Fire instance which each require specific achievements to unlock their potential.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/question-about-chase-loot-in-tbl.253544/

Here's another thread discussing chase loot exclusively around those 4 TBL items from fight fire.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/fight-fire-tbl-chase-loot.269021/

Allakhazam also makes a clear distinction between Ultra Rares & Chase Loot items

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:The_Burning_Lands_Chase_Items

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Torment_of_Velious_Chase_Items

So unless you can show me where a dev has stated that the Ultra Rares are actually defined as Chase Loot I say you are wrong.

From what I have gathered "Chase Loot" was described as a feature on the TBL Expansion Page, this page is no longer visible as it was replaced by ToV & then CoV pages, but this term could have been a player invention for referring to the 4 Evolving Rare items from Fight Fire and this then became common parlance or a misappropriation for the Ultra Rares that are zonewide drops.

TBL "Features" list from Fanra - https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/The_Burning_Lands

Features
    Luck stat
    All previous expansions
    6 full zones, two instanced zones
    8 Raids
    New Quests and Missions
    New Spells, Combat Abilities, AAs
    New Collection items
    2 new shared bank slots
    New mercenary AAs and items
    Faction Window
    Evolving "chase" items
    Improved Progressive (Dichotomic) spells

Only place I have found a dev refer to anything as a chase item directly so far - and it was in relation to the 4 evolving items in TBL, he puts it in quotations so he is probably using the player naming convention rather than whatever the devs refer to them officially.
    The devs probably don't use the term chase loot at all for anything, to them these are probably "TBL evolving rares" or something like that.

19. Imarabbit Journeyman

lots of out of era stuff dropping on Mischief, all rec lvl 10 stuff
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Linking an item doesn't mean it dropped., you could have people trolling by getting the links from other servers. Unless you see a person equipped with the item or you see it looted yourself just having a link doesn't prove anything as you are able to get links in channels from other servers.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.