Well Done DBG

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Accipiter, May 26, 2021.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

I have logged in and created characters on 5 accounts on both Mischief and Thornblade. I even missed my spot in the queue on Thornblade due to a timeout but still got in pretty easily. The real queue time right now on Mischief is around 20 minutes.

DBG, thanks for adding Thornblade at the start. So far this has been much better than I had anticipated.
    Pelrond, Aelfwine, OldTimeEQ1 and 4 others like this.
  2. Cassierah New Member

3. Accipiter Old Timer

I got kicked out of the queue once, too, due to disconnect. When I got back I had apparently missed my spot in the queue and got sent to the back of the line. Still didn't take all that long.

Those disconnects aren't normal. Have you played EQ recently? I ask because if you haven't, you may have something going on with EQ specific to your PC.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  4. ntellect Augur

Well I am humbled. I launched exactly at 3pm EST and got in like normal. Made my 4 chars and got my original name for the first time on a TLP. Been playing since. (Now scared to log off).
  5. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Way smoother than Aradune for me. I did forget to cast any spells with my enchanter long enough for him to get afk disconnected, by the time I finished spell shopping though he made it back through the queue. Honestly way better than I thought it would go so far.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Kylo Classic Augur

Did every one get the free bags while they could?
  7. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I honestly didn't even expect to get in tonight. Got in the first time queueing at 5:20 EDT and was in by 5:50. Logged out around 8:00, logged back in at 8:25 to no queue at all. So pretty awesome now. I did wait 82 minutes at launch time before I had to bail for other reasons though.
    klanderso and Skuz like this.
  8. Arandris Elder

Smoothest launch I've seen from you guys, well done! I appreciate the time and effort your team put into making sure things went as smoothly as it possibly could. Anyone complaining obviously hasn't been around for previous launches.
  9. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Got in within seconds. The only problem I had all night was on my end. The power box for my modem died on me. Luckily the one for the router matches. Just hardwired into the modem and I am back in.
  10. Cassierah New Member

11. wade_watts Augur

Best TLP launch ever. This is amazing. Great job DPG!
  12. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

wow, very smooth. I created a character, (Human Qeynos Necro!) - logged in without any queue / issues.

Best launch, compared to the earlier ones I had experienced (Combine, Ragefire, Phinegel, Mangler).

Kudos!
  13. Baulkin Augur

Great Job DPG. Smoothest TLP launch in years.
    klanderso likes this.
  14. Mourning Would New Member

I just came to post a "well done" post myself, so I'm glad there's one to add to.

I thought for SURE waiting to get off work i would either be in queue all night or be fighting it and being disconnected all night and be near unplayable. It went far better than that. I was in queue for maybe 10 minutes, and did crash for some reason loading, then got back in 5 minutes later, crashed again once i made it to the noob area, one more 5 minute or so queue and i was golden the rest of the night. Hopped in a group at lvl 2, and slaughtered our hearts out to almost 10..... all in all a spectacular launch compared to previous. Well done dev team! I look forward to enjoying this interesting new server idea
    klanderso likes this.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

My internet went down around 7:00 PDT and knocked me off. Once that was resolved, I was able to log back in immediately. No queue. I think you folks nailed it.

Edit: I was on Mischief.