Hey Mepps, do we click the OK button or leave the queue window up? Ask the team?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 26, 2021.

1. Lazybones New Member

This just happened to me as well. Not convinced it maintains spot on Queue though. Maye its the cynic in me, but queued at 12:00, kicked at 12:56, feeling like probabyl back of the line now.
  2. Clarial New Member

Thanks. Apparently you don't lose your spot just by entering Chat according to this FAQ. Just wondering if we will be logged in while sitting at the Chat screen.
  3. Machen New Member

It doesn't change your place in line, it just updates you to show how long people who just got in spent in the queue.
  4. KimchiGoddess Augur

From previous launches I don't think the "still in the queue" thing makes a difference, in that if you leave/time out it doesn't save your spot. Also on one of my computers that was queued for Mischief, I closed out and relaunched to queue for Thornblade and even though it's a completely different server I got the "still in the queue" part of the message as well.
  5. Machen New Member

It does save your spot. As long as you are back in the queue when your turn comes up. You can even log in to another server and then log out and come back to the queue without losing your spot.
  6. radclifc Journeyman

I clicked ok, but then got booted 50 minutes later from lack of activity. So.. yeah. I guess I reque and keep reading?
  7. Machen New Member

Hop back in, you will keep your spot from the first time.
  8. Lazybones New Member

That is good news. How is this information confirmed?
  9. Machen New Member

Personal experience from playing on all the servers that had queues in the past. With my wife and I both in queue with boxes at the same time. One getting d/c or logging into another server temporarily didn't change the order we'd eventually all get in.
  10. Clarial New Member

Mepps specifically said this is not the case:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/faq-for-the-eq-queue.241224/

Bardy McFly and KimchiGoddess like this.
  11. Machen New Member

Unless they changed the code, he's wrong.

Edit to add -- technically he's right. You are removed from the queue WHILE you are on the other server. However, you are readded to the queue in the spot where you were previously, when you rejoin the queue, as long as your spot hasn't come up to log in.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  12. Lazybones New Member

13. Clarial New Member

How could you have such specific knowledge of a queue system that doesn't even tell you your place in the queue? This is all just your interpretation of your experiences, right?
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  14. Machen New Member

When I log in six boxes into the queue at the same time, and then after 30 minutes I log 1 character into another server briefly then hop back into the queue, and then an hour later all six boxes get in at the same time, it's pretty easy to figure out how the system works.

I've done multiple variations on this on just about every queue server since there have been queues, and it always works the same way.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If you click Mischief and Thornblade will it hold you in both queues until one lets you in ?
  16. Xerzist Augur

Now that's a boss question... I been stuck at 38 minute queue for an hour, ree.
  17. Valorax New Member

Someone give us some hope and tell us you actually got in? I que'd up at 12:02 and I'm still waiting.
  18. Xerzist Augur

DID IT CRASH? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  19. Skree New Member

Yeah was in queue for 90 minutes then got booted do to lack of activity after I stopped hitting the log in button to check the time
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Bardy McFly likes this.