Why did you bother buffing Necros?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dwimmerlaike, May 19, 2021.

1. menown Augur

I agree with all the other points in your post except this one. Is it for some reason an unknown that zerkers have snare, stun, self-cure, and self-healing? If you include items, they can slow more effectively as well. Several posts in the past overlook these utility options as if zerkers had zero utility.
    Marton, Szilent, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ozon Augur

I main a SK, and although I am not the best, also not a slacker. Seriously what is this SK doing to average 450k DPS? I would expect 250-350, being pretty normal. Apparently I need to step up my game.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

I am an ENC. I don't argue that I should do as much DPS as a necro, or a necro needs a nerf because they can also slow, charm, paci and mez. The application of the ENC versions of these spells dwarves the NEC versions by a margin. Sure, zerkers have utility, but they don't hold a candle to the frequency and quality of which a necro can do the same things, plus more. Yes, Zerkers do have utility, but comparing NEC to ZER utility is not a very close comparison.

Plus Zerk is a burst class and NEC is a duration class. So utility aside, or argued as equal, I also said in my post that ZER should top on short fights and NEC should top long fights. A 30 second XP group or raid add is where the ZER should shine. There should be a fight duration tipping point in design were the preferred class is a BER or NEC. Probably around 1 minute, maybe 2. IE. Apples to apples, fights under 60 sec the ZER is expected to out DPS the NEC, whereas fights over 60 seconds the NEC is expected to out DPS the ZER, but their sustained averages over 5 minutes end up pretty close.
    Behelit likes this.
  4. Zynt Augur

Yeah, it's really not going to matter what "balancing" gets done. Necs, good ones, are always going to find a way to shine.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Mountains of H-Dex. When I group with under geared or under AAed SKs I am seeing numbers in the 150-300k range. The top SKs with mountains of Hdex are putting out over 400k. Add in Harm touch and burns and SKs are putting out over a million DPS on named.
    Ozon likes this.
  6. kizant Augur

Zerkers do both.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't think there is much burst left on raid events of the recent past, almost everything is about "cycling" discs and maintaining DPS except on events where controlled DPS is required or where on / off discing/dotting is used due to multiple event phases so many events are using.

So zerkers are pretty much a sustained DPS class on many events along with every other, it's also why "fixing" Wizards probably boils down to upping their sustained dps.
  8. Ozon Augur

Oh I've seen SKs do 1.75mil DPS on certain events (granted it was Drogba), but was wondering where I was missing, apparently I need to work on my HDex.
  9. Tucoh Augur

Zerkers melee adps is pretty good too, highly underrated.
    Zynt, Szilent and menown like this.
  10. Behelit Augur

[IMG]
    Zynt, Tucoh and Skuz like this.
  11. Slasher Augur

Are you really comparing the massive utility a necro has to a zerker ?

Like comparing Lebron James wealth to Jeff Bezos not even in the same ballpark.
    Vumad and Skuz like this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

They need to remove ADPS options from Beastlords and Berserkers.

-Signed, Shaman and Bard Union
  13. Behelit Augur

[IMG]
    Zynt, Vumad, Tucoh and 1 other person like this.
  14. menown Augur

If you read my post in that way, then I am sorry. I didn't even mention necros in that post. I was simply identifying that berzerkers do indeed have utility, unlike how the masses portray zerkers as having nothing but DPS.
  15. Behelit Augur

Yeah but bringing it up at all is pretty much the same as when people try to claim Wizards have utility cause snares/stuns/ports... I mean we know its technically true but its silly to think anyone has ever sought out a Zerker or Wizard for CC or utilities other than their dps.
  16. menown Augur

I would say those utility options are more for solo/molo content than for groups. I don't see a lot of wizards soloing names like a berzerker can. The stuns come in handy when you are face tanking trash NPCs too. Snares for splitting is helpful when you've got nobody else around. Berzerker adps and their solid burst DPS are the only things that a group/raid care for.
    kizant likes this.
  17. Slasher Augur

Your review of zerker abilities sounds like it comes from someone who doesn't actually play one. You can call them utility all you want but they're mostly useless and you did compare them because you quoted a post from someone saying what utility a necro has to point out zerkers have stuff also.

As for soloing named what named are you soloing on a zerker ? Let's see one class can solo/molo current named and another can maybe do that to content 3 expansions back ya thats in the same ballpark.
    Vumad likes this.
  18. kizant Augur

Just because most zerkers ignore their abilities that provide utility and/or are bad players doesn't mean they don't have them.
  19. Tappin Augur

The shorter the fights, the higher the DPS. An SK pulling 450k with a group content isn’t unheard of... But less likely to occur during raids (that’s where it counts).
  20. Flatchy Court Jester

Pepperidge Farms remembers when AC> All was their mantra.