The state of monks causes a lot of problems for every other melee class in the game.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WokeCat, May 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WokeCat Augur

I look forward to seeing how many people posting ITT play on the new TLP since apparently Aradune is currently at the pinnacle of the game with the best two expansions known to mankind on the horizon. Why would any sane person want to leave that?
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I'm sure your terrible playing will provide one. I can wait.
  3. WokeCat Augur

IDK man. I don’t know if I can handle playing a class whose entire rotation involves turning auto attack on. That takes massive skill to play.
  4. Glowerss Augur

You think monks are unarmed until PoP or something stupid.

Clearly you haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Monks in Classic use Whitened Treeant Fists or Wu's Fist of Mastery in their MH. I said this back on Page 1 or 2.

Clearly reading isn't a strong suit of yours either.
  5. WokeCat Augur

And what do Rogues and Rangers use in classic? So we can compare them. Can you share that link?
  6. Glowerss Augur

Can monks backstab, or cast dots/nukes or snare?

What, you mean different classes are different, and so therefore have different weapon ratios or skillsets?

NO WAI

Monks have always had higher ratio weapons from day 1 EQ owing to the fact that they have nothing else with which to boost their damage. Same reason rogues get screwed on weapon ratio is because of Backstab. There's a reason they eventually decoupled backstab from base weapon damage and came up with the backstab damage stat.

If you have a problem with that I suggest you invent a time machine and go talk to Verant. That's more likely to result in the changes you want cuz DBG sure ain't going back and revamping all of the weapon ratios just because you're upset.

Are you then going to complaint that Paladin/Knight 1handers have far superior ratios to any other 1handers owing to the fact that they cannot dual wield?

Or that later on they have far superior ratio 2handers that are Pal/SK only to make up for the reduced triple attack caps?
    Skuz likes this.
  7. WokeCat Augur

Imagine thinking backstab in classic hits harder than flying kick. Monks actually punch harder than backstab. And imagine thinking Rangers have meaningful nukes. I lold. The damage meters and class representation speak for themselves, fam.

[IMG]

Since you edited:
    I agree that it would be a bad idea to revamp every item in the game because one class has access to non-classic fists that provide an excessively high damage output that was meant for much later stages of the game. “Nerfing” monks so that they’re required to use Tranquil Staffs and other items that are arguably the best weapons in the game is a much better solution than giving them fists that are on par with high end Luclin loot. We both know if a Monk in Kunark used a T staff he would still give every other melee a run for their money, but the gap would be much more narrow and suddenly other DPS would feel competitive and viable.

Oh and I’m not even remotely “upset.” I am thoroughly enjoying the silliness of the arguments I’ve seen presented since they are easily dismantled and require a lot of denial and fact ignoring in order to be made in the first place.
  8. Glowerss Augur

That graph, whatever the heck it's meant to be, is literally worthless. I'm unsure why you link it and think it accomplishes anything.

There's a real lack of critical thinking going on here.
    OldTimeEQ1, Skuz and Nickatropolis like this.
  9. wade_watts Augur

Just stop responding to the guy and maybe this pointless thread will die. For every response someone writes this dude replies 10 times.

He already admitted he’s only been here for 2 weeks and that his standard is p99. His opinion and experience is literally garbage. Just let it die for the love of Innoruk.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Lejaun Augur

However, if you look at this chart you'll see that clearly you just hate monks because they took your lunch money. Reference point 8.52bx4 shows the spike in your hate.

[IMG]
    jeskola, Polekn, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  11. Nickatropolis Augur

This guy just posted a jpeg of a bar graph with no data. Why do people do this?
    OldTimeEQ1 and Skuz like this.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

A couple reasons:
    1. Free trade loot
    2. The 2 box rule turned Aradune into PetitionQuest and one of the most toxic tlp communities
    3. Random loot means the normal players think they will be able to farm their own GEBs this time instead of having 2 necros locking down efreeti.
    4. Free trade loot
    Skuz likes this.
  13. WokeCat Augur

You can use your index finger to click the left button on your mouse.
  14. WokeCat Augur

But wait, aren’t all of these problems solved now that Aradune has substantially less players on it? In fact, I would wager that there will be significantly less drama on Aradune than Mischief in the coming months. Why would someone leave a server with less toxicity that is allegedly the best version of EQ to go and play the inferior version known as Classic, Kunark, Velious etc.?
  15. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

1. Free trade
    2. Random loot
    3. Auction channel scrolling so fast, you cant even read it
    4. Crowded ec tunnel, like Octoberfest in Munich
    Skuz and Tweakfour17 like this.
  16. Triconix Augur

I went through this entire post. Literally. Outside of that one comment, not a single individual said a bad thing about OOW. Sooo yeah. Again, you can simply just google favorite expansions in EQ or something like that and find many people giving high praise to OOW. I'm not sure why you're so against this thought that something after POP was good.

There was an exodus because not one, but two new games released all around that time. Players justifiably were angered by Smedley and crew because of the botched GOD expansion. OOW was simply a victim of being released too late as they tried to fix issues with GOD.
    If you think a 115 monk is simply auto attack, you simply have no clue about anything in this game.

What in the fly f does this represent? Did you just make up a bar graph in Excel and post it here?! What is the data?! What do the numbers on the left represent?! What is your source?!

I'm not sure. It sounds like insanity doing the same garbage content over and over again for multiple years, find the same issues exist, and complain about the same issues each time as if a new TLP server is going to magically bring something new, and shocked it didn't. The amount of posts I see about wanting content even more accelerated or exp faster or things being harder is hilarious. It's a contradiction. If you love the content so damn much, why do you want to blast through it quicker and just repeat it all over again quicker? Wouldn't you want it slow? Oh well, these forums were never filled with the most logical of people.

I'm excited to see the RMT Krono farmers gone from Aradune. Mischief and Thornblade sound like absolute disasters waiting to happen.
    Rcbauer likes this.
  17. WokeCat Augur

So you're talking about Live on a TLP forum where we discuss the over-powered state of Monks on TLP? You could not pay me to play Live. I actually have tried it 3 times over the last 15 years, and it was so sad that it actually broke my heart. I felt so depressed seeing what the game had become compared to the game I remembered so long ago. I can remember being so deeply saddened that it was like a turning point in my life at that time - the realization that the game I loved, and the people I met along the way were gone forever.

It genuinely felt like being away from home for 10 years, and going back hoping to see all your friends and family only to learn that your town was destroyed years ago, and everyone you loved is gone.
  18. Triconix Augur

Are you delusional? Seriously? You quoted the 115 monk part. You are borderline insane at this point.

Good for you. Stick to the auto attack era. You know why people love old EQ now? Because it's easy. While people wont admit it, they just want everything given to them and classic EQ is as close to that as you can. Maybe you won't truly suck at it because you certainly suck at making logical arguments on these forums.
  19. Baldur Augur

What cracks me up is if all you know is Aradune or Rizlona, you haven't even gotten into the expansions where monks really rule yet. The tears will continue to flow as monks aren't just better, but they dominate all parses, especially in OoW+. Casters eventually catch up, but not really until SoF or SoD and there are some one-offs like bards topping parses in TSS because of the insane bellow increase.

I'm curious to see how necros do now with the DoT revamp 75+.
  20. Iyacc Augur

As a guild/raid leader on several servers through many expansions I'll give my opinion to the best DPS class over the long haul. Some shine early, some shine later or for specific periods (ie. Trueshot on mobs with lots of AE, etc.) or burst, or sustained raid, etc...

The single best DPS class over the long haul through all expansions is the guy who logs in during raids, pushes buttons in the right order and enjoys playing EQ with all us other nerds.

I don't care what class you are - if you're logging in consistently and communicating your absences - you're the best DPS class, hands down. :)
    Grogak and minimind like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.