The state of monks causes a lot of problems for every other melee class in the game.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WokeCat, May 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WokeCat Augur

How hard is it to get Monk fists? Someone told me that you spawn with them.
  2. Triconix Augur

I mean rangers were a laughing stock in classic with their hybrid penalties so why defend them now? Also, come luclin they outdps monks. Rogues become competitive no later than Velious. They aren't even that bad in Kunark with their epic.

Yes, monks have unequally benefitted from code changes made over the years. But their true OPness is short lived as everyone catches up. You, and everyone, not wanting to progress further is literally a player induced problem that simply ceases to exist by doing what you're supposed to be doing in an MMO...playing continually.

Rather than calling for nerfs, how about providing credible evidence and providing positive feedback on how to better the rogue classes? How about altering the innate damage AAs and make them more front-loaded at lower levels and provide less benefit mid range 60-75 levels?

If you want nerfs, literally every class will need to be reviewed because every single class has significantly benefitted from power creep over the years. You simply cannot single one class out just because they are the outlier among a group of OP classes to choose from.

Monks need to get their epic for their hands to be the ratios you're listing? Last I checked, their epics are still annoying af to get with those 4 annoying camps in KC, SolB, Chardok, and Guk. Without them, their fists are 21/38 and 21/39 (iksar). A sebilite croaking dirk is better than a non-epic monk fist and provides DB.
  3. taliefer Augur

wooooosh
  4. WokeCat Augur

+1

[IMG]
  5. Triconix Augur

A table from 9 years ago? And you're telling me EQ population dropped during the release of WoW and EQ2? How shocking. I never knew that (sarcasm).

And you know what else it shows? EQ peaked in a time period you claim nobody wants to play in as you claim they want classic-velious. 2004/2005 was *checks notes* OOW...lol. You just beat yourself and I stand by my point that the fix is player induced by playing to the era where EQ had it's highest population.
    wade_watts likes this.
  6. wade_watts Augur

Guess what launched at end of 2004 / early 2005 when EQ subs dropped...
  7. WokeCat Augur

I think it's weird that you're angry that players who quit the game because they didn't enjoy a certain era of content don't really have much interest in playing TLP into the same era of content that they and the majority of the playerbase, clearly did not enjoy.

No one is coming back for the nostalgia of playing TLP into the content that made them quit the game.

I don't know what message you are even trying to convey, but even if I wanted to play on Aradune (which clearly most of us do not), I have to be realistic. I have about.. 4 months of content before I'm at a point where I no longer have any interest in playing this game. If I play on Mischief I could potentially have years of content. It's a no brainer.
  8. wade_watts Augur

You are falsely attributing reasons to people leaving to fit your personal narrative - it's the height of foolishness.

WoW launched at the exact same time that EQ numbers plummeted. Folks left for a new game - they didn't simply dislike the direction or content and decide to bail out in unison.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Triconix Augur

OOW is widely regarded as one of the best expansions in EQ history. Don't believe me? Take a poll.

The population dropped because multiple new games released right after EQ hit its peak population. It's literally a direct correlation. It's hilarious your graphic excludes WoW because you'd be able to see it first hand. EQ content was beloved, but WOW took the world by storm.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. WokeCat Augur

Widely by who? I would bet my life if you found every single person who ever played EverQuest and asked them what their favorite expansion was 80-90% would say Kunark or Velious. I don't really care what people who play Live say because they obviously don't represent the average EQ player and are clearly an outlier.

But I guess we won't see you on Mischief. You should be really excited about being able to play OoW in a couple of months on Aradune :) and I am happy for you.
  11. Triconix Augur

One of =/= the. Don't conflate.

Yes, the live players who are more steady population than TLPmillers are the outlier. Ok, bud. :rolleyes:
  12. WokeCat Augur

When you know hundreds of people who played EverQuest, and none of them like live, yes, those who like Live are an outlier. If they weren't then TLP would not be so over-the-top popular and you would expect to see similar hype for new live expansions.
  13. jiri_ Augur

WoW was part of it, but no, people did actually decide to bail out in unison. SOE literally flew certain players and early influencers out to their offices to try to stop that from happening.
  14. Triconix Augur

You know the masochist P99ers. I can literally say the same thing that I know hundreds of live players who would say live > TLP. TLP is then the outlier.

You do realize how often live raids crash at new release? The popularity is there. You're just too blind to notice it. Go back to living in your bubble of ignorance.
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

A P99 player that knows hundreds of people who don't like live? Where did you find such a rare creature? In other news, science is now accepting anecdotal evidence in place of the scientific method. What could go wrong?
  16. WokeCat Augur

P99 is an extremely toxic community. I would actually say the most toxic community I've ever encountered on any online game.... most of my friends who played EverQuest never tried P99 even though I tried to get them to :( takes a unique individual with unusual life circumstances to be drawn to P99. Usually unemployed with no wife or kids.
  17. WokeCat Augur

I actively post on my old server's facebook group... I would say maybe 2 out of the hundreds of people who post there actually play on live... I also know about 15-20 people IRL who played EQ, and am friends with a ton of people from other games who played EQ... I'm actually talking to 2 different people on Discord as I type this who loved EverQuest, but don't like P99 and don't play on TLP or Live... but still like to talk about their memories of the game.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And yet P99ers keep showing up on these forums trying to make Live & TLP EQ like P99....as a rational observer you'd logically think a connection might get drawn eventually but nope, it does not.
  19. Triconix Augur

So your evidence is a bunch of people who probably haven't played EQ in 10 years? Lmao.

I too know people who hate sushi but never ate fish before.
  20. WokeCat Augur

Where did I ever say this? If I wanted this to be like P99 I would be making threads demanding that Rangers and Wizards be nerfed into an unplayable state. Quite the opposite. I'm glad that Wizards and Rangers are better on TLP.

I love playing games that are balanced.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.