The state of monks causes a lot of problems for every other melee class in the game.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WokeCat, May 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WokeCat Augur

I can tell you right now as a Cleric, I won't be inviting Rogues to my group on TLP and will likely leave the group if someone invites one against my wishes. Why on Earth would I want a class that does less damage than a Magician pet in my group..? Good luck earning that DKP when no one wants to waste mana healing you.
  2. Scornn Elder

OP having some real FOMO right now.

Just box a monk with your sub-par rogue and carry yourself?

You should really stop lamenting about the days past though.
  3. wade_watts Augur

Brother, do you even play?! Monks are so OP it's insane and ruinous for all other classes. Top guilds are constructed of only monks. Monks are best tank, monks melt raid mobs with their insane DPS, monks have bind-wound chains to heal main tank (if even needed because monks as MT don't really take damage). They even have backup monks just practicing FD in the background. They delete all the raid loot because monks don't even need gear.
  4. WokeCat Augur

I’ll be playing a Cleric, unboxed. I don’t enjoy playing melee.. for obvious reasons.
  5. Triconix Augur

So by your statements, you literally don't want the classic experience. You want to your personal best experience in a setting you are familiar with. This has nothing to do with nostalgia or reliving the glory days. You know why? Because nostalgia is overrated. The QoL features that you now seem to thrive on are all brought to you by live EQ so you're welcome for that. You want to go around claiming TLPs are the big money maker for EQ and yet fail to realize almost every single thing better about the new "classic experience" is brought to you only because live servers exist.

I see TLP players such as yourself taking advantage of current expansion mounts & bags (which guess what? Any purchase of those counts as revenue to live servers because they wouldnt even exist if not for live so a TLP player wouldn't be able to purchase it), leveraging Xtar window, visibility features such as seeing group members hme, clicking from inventory, modern potions and using them from hotbars, find features, parcels, krono, and the list goes on and on and on without any complaints to not having the classic experience. Yet here you are, selecting a solitary change from live from 15 years ago, calling out for nerfs ad nauseum, because this one indirectly and negatively affects your immersion. Guess what? If you want this nerfed, how about we just remove innate damage AA's completely. You want the classic experience? Well your rogue is way OP compared to the true classic rogues already. Maybe we should just nerf them as well?
    wade_watts likes this.
  6. WokeCat Augur

this is hog wash.. When i came to TLP 2 weeks ago straight from P99 I was so dumbfounded by the game being simplified.. I expected it to be exactly like P99, and was shocked when I got to Steamfont and realized the zone looked different, and that I ran faster, and that mobs didn’t chase me when I got in trouble.. I was like level 30 when I realized that you don’t do CRs... or lose much exp for dying...I personally prefer the harder version of the game, and part of me worries that TLP might be too easy to hold my interest.

I don’t like the WR bags. Less than a month ago when I got an evil eye bag, and light burlap sack on my gnome cleric I got so excited because I could finally carry loot... I take great pride in the fact that my mains have tinkerer bags because it shows great dedication and feels almost like having an epic...kind of sad they got rid of that on TLP.. for sure makes Monks easier to play though. On P99 I always lot for my monk friend.

This idea that a hardcore p99 player came to TLP for WR bags and QOL changes at the exact same time Mischief was announced doesn’t have much of a leg to stand on.
  7. wade_watts Augur

Dude is here for 2 weeks and calling for nerfs. Oh brother, can we just close this thread now?
  8. taliefer Augur

wont be here long. TLPs are not intended, nor really wanted by the playerbase, to be like P99
  9. WokeCat Augur

Maybe. I think it’s a good thing that it’s different. P99 has a lot of problems. But I did not come here because I wanted in game maps, waypoints, WR bags etc.

I want to be able to raid or camp items without having a GM give me permission to and that’s a real possibility with pick zones and agents of change. I want to experience random loot and have fun. I want to raid planes before people have good gear (I missed this on green). By the time I got to Planes on Green it was at the point where you basically went AFK and collected free loot. I want to be in an actual raid where there is a real chance of wiping or getting excited when your armor drops. Not just having someone hand you a full set of planar gear because everyone else in the guild got theirs 6 months ago.
  10. wade_watts Augur

Yeah, the rogues there are too OP apparently.
  11. Triconix Augur

I mean his classic experience is
    Based on this, he should have no complaints? It seems pretty on par with rogues now, according to him. I'm not sure what the issue is. Rogues for him were trash in classic 20 years ago. Rogues are still trash for him now. But suddenly now he wants it fixed? o_O
  12. Slipp New Member

So you don't even play a melee class but are demanding for nerfs. Can I get you an iced coffee too?
  13. wade_watts Augur

I'd love to see rogues fixed and be more competitive also - but why on earth create a thread about nerfing another class to make your favorite better by comparison. It's like hoping other people get more obese so that you don't look as fat when you are around them.
  14. WokeCat Augur

So when Kunark comes out and Rogues get a 15/25 epic and double backstab they will be competitive with Monks dual wielding 23/26 with monks? What about Rangers? Will their 14/24, and 13/21 with no double backstab be competitive with monks dual wielding 23/36 fists..?
  15. taliefer Augur

none of those are going away. TLPs are EQ on super easy mode. There is next to no challenge anywhere on TLPs. and I'm Ok with this, as are most TLP players by this point.

they would have to put alot, and I mean ALOT, of work in to making TLPs in any way some kind of reflection of how EQ used to be. Their biggest attempt was a "Hardcore" server for the 20th anniversary and their idea of "Hardcore" for that server was...super duper slow EXP and more exp lost on dying. thats it. not actual challenge, just slowing down exp.
  16. WokeCat Augur

I like games that are balanced and don’t revolve around 2 classes ( Enchanters and Monks) being light years ahead of everyone else. That used to be what made EQ so much more interesting than modern MMOs. So many unique classes. This novelty is for sure lost when you allow a couple of classes to dominate the game.
  17. taliefer Augur

rangers with those weapons? no. rangers with a woodsmans staff and casting dustdevil/firestrike pending on mob resist? yes. even more true in velious if a ranger gets their hands on a Meljeldin, Bane of Giants 2hander.

competitive does not mean beat on a consistent basis since monks discs come back up fairly quick, but I had no real complaints about how my ranger stacked up on damage at any point on Mangler.
  18. WokeCat Augur

Yeah, you should probably tell that to the person who implied I came to TLP because I wanted the game to be dumbed down and made easier.

The opposite here, I assure you.
  19. WokeCat Augur

So a Ranger with Weapons that are really hard to get still get out damaged by a Monk using nothing? Noted. Thank you for this valuable insight.
  20. taliefer Augur

if you think those weapons are hard to get, then...you are so out of touch on how things work that there is no point continuing
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.