Mob full regen while pet tanking

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Loratex, May 25, 2021.

1. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I’ve been having mobs full regen while pet tanking.
    Using a merc healer or 2 if I fd to help Fluffy control aggro they full regen. I’m talking normal death peace aa. They still attack pet and mercs.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Level? Mob? Zone? Server? Need to put more info in for them to actually have something to look at.
  3. bobokatt Augur

If you pulled a mob and had the pet attack and the merc healed the pet or you at any time, even if you FD, the mob will still attack the pet and the merc. Even if you FD your pet, it's still going to move to your merc unless you pull, clear and keep the merc on passive for the pull/clear.
    Is the mob actually regening to 100% or is it that it's just your pet's damage that is affecting the mob which with today's mobs with a ridiculous amount of HP and regen, it may actually seem that there is no discernable damage being done to the mob's health bar? As long as you only Death Peace FD so you still have agro, and if you had 10 DOTs on the mob and the health bar is not moving, then that could be an issue.
    I am not sure if I a understood your question.
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Overthere (ros).
    Killing mobs via pet tank random trash has happened with succulents and sabertooths.
    Fighting mobs all dotted up and I fd. Instantly to the mobs go back to 100percent hp.
    Dots still rolling, pet still tanking, and merc still healing.

It’s happened at 80percentish, mid 40s and I had it once happen at 6 percent. Last night happened a few more times.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

You did not understand the complaint. He's not talking about the mercs having aggro. It's definitely not an issue with pet DPS being too low.

Mobs that do not have aggro have a mechanic that causes them to regen their health. This is a common mechanic enchanters see when using blur. It's often not an issue because someone is melee'ing the mob but it can sometimes be a problem when breaking charms or casting a mez. We cast a mez, the mob blurs, and by the time we are done with the rune, the mob is back to 100%, so I have to mez, tash, then take my next action to prevent this. The regen is like 20% per tick.

The issue that OP is seeing is that the mob is not viewing the pet or the mercs as active aggro targets. Flopping to keep the aggro on the pet tank shouldn't put the mob into super regen, but it is. Wether it is a bug or working as intended, is not something I know the answer to, but it definitely should not work that way.