TLP Protip: Banded = Krono dreams the first month

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 20, 2021.

1. Elabone Augur

The chest pieces will sell very nicely. Followed by the legs. Everything else will be pennies. Any group of 6 characters can pop a hate dz and clear the mobs. Going to be ALOT of extra loot.
  2. Lateryn Augur

The first sets will probably be expensive, but as more people hit 50 and it only takes a chanter/cleric to fight hate mobs, its going to get saturated fast and become cheap.
  3. Iyacc Augur

Keep in mind there's no minimum level to wear planar armor. The block was being able to zone in and get it.

Gonna be a million characters made on this server. The market won't dry up quickly but yes it'll be more expensive the first week or so, like everything else. When Velious drops there will be a new/shorter run on upgrades for the SERIOUSFACE people. Then PoP is where it'll get stupid again other than various Luclin focus effect items and weapons.
  4. Master Kahleem Augur

I barely made any money on Rizlona as a Blacksmith, and everyone had 50000 alts that needed armor. Many of them running around naked.

Banded, FinePlate, etc just barely sells. I think I made back the 50k plat I spent getting my smithing up after Velious released. Had been crafting the whole time since Classic. Probably won't end up doing that again this time around.

(I won't even talk about the days and days and days I spent farming spider silks and pelts)
  5. Magician9001 Augur

BP is a golden ticket item and it will still be BiS for Bazaar traders.
  6. MMOer Augur

Banded will defiantly have a shorter run with planar being farmed and sold but nobody will be farming planer and selling it to the public for a bit at first.

By the time that starts to happen we (well I) will be up there farming it myself.
  7. MMOer Augur

Krono was selling for 75-100p on day 1 and most of day 2.

Banded was selling for 80p per set on day 1.

The common trade was 1 krono for 1 set.

It has been like this for about.... 3 or 4 TLP seasons now.

By the end of Day 2 so almost 48 hours later people were starting to buy for 200.

I keep my log files....
    Shadow5 likes this.
  8. MMOer Augur

Key word here is AFTER Velious... Its all about rushing that banded market. After week 2 the rush is over. Still profitable for alts and late comers but Day 1-5 are key. Not in velious.
  9. Larsen Augur

Considering Kunark hits after one month, I quite doubt banded will be going for a krono very long. I'd be surprised if that lasts more than a few days. Anyone with like 2-300p can just go and buy the materials and skill up to make their own banded in like half an hour. It doesn't take many days before a krono is worth more than that.
  10. MMOer Augur

Uhg, I should reword my OP....

The first week is the krono makers. It does not trade for krono 1 for 1 for a month. It only does that for a day or two... but tha does not mean the other hundred sets you sell the plat is not converted to krono.

Banded crafting is THE best way to make krono in the first few days hands down. Second would be a team of people exp up enough to farm giants and buy krono with plat.

With banded you are literally crafting krono on day 1. Then crafting plat to buy krono for the next weeks.

Obviously the curve falls fast... you can stroll in and get your BS up and go... why am i not making dem kronos dad?
  11. Kylo Classic Augur

If it's tradable..
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Pretty sure it is tradeable on FV which would indicate it will be tradable on the new server.
  13. Roean Journeyman

I always level a shaman for alchemy purposes, both to make a little money (margins are small but demand is high) and for personal use since it's pretty painless to level, at least in classic-velious era.
  14. Kylo Classic Augur

pretty sure, huh.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Well I don't play on FV so I can't confirm and I see no reason why it wouldn't be tradeable.
  16. SleezerGeezer Elder

I remember on Aradune Krono selling for just a few hundred platinum. I didn't understand it then. I still don't understand it. I assumed it was a crafter needing money for skill ups.
  17. Lejaun Augur

Variety of things. People buying some gear, as everyone is mostly naked, all the way to people working on tradeskills. Platinum isn't as available yet for many people, so the amount people got per krono takes awhile to get to a more fair value.
  18. Wtfagain Elder

High for a couple days then it will drop faster than doge after an elon pump and dump.
  19. Wtfagain Elder

have you played EQ before?
  20. Wtfagain Elder

I feel like I get dumber the more I read this thread