TLP Protip: Banded = Krono dreams the first month

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 20, 2021.

1. MMOer Augur

The first ones to be able to craft sets of banded can sell them for a krono when the server starts. The profits are real for the first month or two till planar armor is saturated.

I'm not a crafter so no need for me to hide this gem.

Practice leveling your blacksmithing before the server starts!

Enjoy all them kronos boys!
  2. Kylo Classic Augur

So you're not a crafter, but know how to make money crafting. Interesting.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Those who can't do, teach?

He's not necessarily wrong though, people pay stupid amounts of money for the slightest advantage in the early game.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Demetri Augur

It's typically not that much of a gravy train. Speaking as an actual crafter.

And I'd wager that rubicite dropping ANYWHERE this time in theory will hurt that even more.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Mattling Elder

There's other items that are traditionally no drop that are better than banded, stuff like Shin Greaves, Basalt Carapace, etc
    Raptorjesus5 and Skuz like this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

This stuff will be good since its infinite supply... but with no drop gear suddenly being a thing I think we will see less of the same old. That's the beauty of mischief!
    minimind likes this.
  7. Galaras Lorekeeper

On Aradune Banded sets were going for 80-85pp within the first day and Krono was selling for 200-300pp. If you paid a Krono for a set you got ripped off, sorry.
    Herf and Skuz like this.
  8. Iyacc Augur

There will be planar armor for sale in EC the first weekend after launch. Facts
    Wyre Wintermute and Skuz like this.
  9. IlllIllIllIlll Journeyman

A lot of folks roll literally anything else first, then use that to level a warrior second. It's that second wave where you make a lot of money selling full sets of fine plate.

Between classic only being a month and twink warriors being able to grab planar gear, this isn't going to be the krono farm you want it to be.
  10. Wtfagain Elder

lolwut?
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

I keep forgetting myself that it's only one month of Classic.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

Random loot has yet to be seen. There is a real possibility that loot goes crazy and some stuff is super rare and other stuff has a glut. I mean, if they take all rare mobs of level X and put all their possible loot as a chart and just randomize, rubicite could be as common as dirt or as rare as hen's teeth.
  13. Demetri Augur

We'll see of course, but even without such factors, it's iffy.

And as other folks started to pipe in with, basalt carapaces and shin greaves, etc being droppable will be even more impactful on repressing the price, most likely.
  14. Lejaun Augur

Even if random and free trade loot doesn't flood the market, there is only a small window for things like banded.

The first few people might make some good money. The next few will be only making around 10pp a set. The remainder won't make much of anything, other than at odd times by desperate people.
  15. FrodeEQ Journeyman

It's the first TLP that comes around where previous market aspect are pretty much irrelevant. Depending on how it all works, Rubicite could turn from high profit rare into meh common. Kinda the beauty of the TLP server coming; uncharted territory.
  16. Numiko Augur

I make banded and give it to my pets ;)
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

If Rubicite doesn't get added to random / base tables for 30 days like it has on every TLP before then it'll be basically worthless when it does come out aside from fashionquest.
  18. HoodenShuklak Augur

Still have a full rubi level 1 trader on Agnarr.

Worth every penny.
    Magician9001 likes this.
  19. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Tradable planar armor going to be the real money outside Hill Giants. Aint nobody giving that stuff away now.
  20. Sansvisage New Member

I wonder what the planar armour is going to sell for? There’s really a short window until the velious armour easily surpasses it. Also curious what things like guise of the deceiver and rubi armour will sell for.