Fixed Internally Halfling Heritage Crate POM reward Locked

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by xaga, May 20, 2021.

1. xaga Elder

Why is the reward of the achievement a zone that is avail in Velious and then again in DON locked behind a ROF flag. This seems counter productive considering the Book to GD is in during GOD and you can click the house?

But i digress. the real issue is you would have NO way of knowing that the items were all locked behind Expansions if you got a item that was claimable ( for example the Kith painting) the achievement gets unlocked and then you go for the rest of the items -- thus dealing with the RNG through a pay wall to get an item like the King Xorbb painting or the head only to find out that it was not Claimable until ROF - so we cannot even hang this in the guild hall to decorate (or my personal house plot when that comes out).

so i guess all i am asking is make the clicks expansion locked and the claims not so we can take advantage of POM during the TLPs while it is still V 1.0 and then again in V 2.0.

[/COLOR]
  2. Balkothe New Member

This CANNOT be more accurate. It was misleading that this was an item in the loot crates only to find out that we CANNOT even get it on the TLP that already has mischief unlocked. So stupid.
    xaga likes this.
  3. Boze TLP complaint factory

Would be nice to know that we can't get parts of it on TLP at least. Spent a bunch of points trying to the get Mischief clicky before finding out it's locked behind the achievement.
    Balkothe and xaga like this.
  4. Tokus New Member

As a Pom vet with hundreds of hours spent I agree, although only a few people care, those few people have spent hundreds of hard earned money to get this pixel port.
    Balkothe and xaga like this.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The RoF requirement isn't intended and the expansion will get moved earlier. TBD for which expansion.

We have also noted the feedback on the confusion for what's available when, and agree that's an issue.
    Conelder and Yinla like this.
  6. xaga Elder

need that pixel *fiends*
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We will move the unlock to LDoN when the entrance was added to Great Divide. We don't want to unlock it at Velious and bypass the early game difficulty and make this teleport item that much more valuable than other teleport items. LDoN gives it the same level of value as other similar teleport items.

We will make the tradable "wrapped" housing items (not the pets) place-able so you can have the look until it can be opened to get the teleport.

We will add additional descriptive text to the marketplace description that includes restrictions of individual items.

We will do this to the Halfling Heritage crate first, since it is the currently available crate, and the rest over time.
    Conelder, Herf and Duder like this.
  8. Balkothe New Member

I do appreciate this response. It shows an attempt to help. However, this doesnt address all the people who bought crates already with the appearance of a Plane of mischief port in the loot box.
    Boze and xaga like this.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

From this thread in player support:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...le-crate-items-on-agnarr.275254/#post-4029982

Also, I would consider setting the unlock for the PoM portion to PoP. Since you have a PoP locked server, that's pretty significant. Also, LDoN unlocks very shortly (relatively) after PoP is launched, so there really isn't substantial gain, except for the one server locked at PoP.
    Conelder and xaga like this.
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

The portal is to a zone included in RoF. However, unless the zone is unlocked on a server and any flagging/progression requirements are met, the port will simply fail. There is no real need to have expansion requirements to unwrap any of the items.

If the portal is changed (I do not know exactly where the current RoF one ports to as I only have the item on a progression server not at RoF) it would most likely go to the base zone: Gorge of King Xorbb. My assumtion would be that the current portal to King Xorbb's throne may well be suicide. As no base zones in RoF have flagging requirements, you'd be able to click-port there instantly and possibly very dangerously. Additionally, none of the previous heritage crates have really delved into higher expansions and have mostly been set to OG zones. There are a few exceptions, like the port to Brell's Temple. I attempted to use this port the moment Underfoot became unlocked on our server and the port failed (did not meet flagging requirements). Given that example and having access to Stonebrunt Mountains ports before the zone was available... the game simply will not allow porting into such zones. Since that is the case, there really is no need for the items to be "locked" until a given expansion.

In the case of the PoM portal (Velious zone where the entrance is moved at a later date), Instead of having the subsequent items locked, have the achievement reward itself as a "wrapped" no-trade item that is "locked" until the given expansion. Ngreth commented about LDoN, as that is when the entrance is moved, but I do feel, in this instance, having it "locked" up to PoP should be sufficient.

I hope that all of the heritage crate items receive such treatment, so that people can collect and complete their achievements (that are paid for, not simply earned through experiencing the game).
    Boze and Velisaris_MS like this.
  11. Steels New Member

I was able to get the PoM port clicky today on Bertox. Pretty cool to have.
  12. xaga Elder

lol. while yes a live server can most of us are talking from a TLP perspective.