Monks will be pushed out by Rogues and Rangers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Recondojoe, May 16, 2021.

1. Magician9001 Augur

The irony.
  2. TLP Addict Augur

This is another stitch up thread surely?

Who is sending all these trolls I wonder.
  3. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I think a few who never played EQ TLP servers but had played EQ 18/20 years ago and have since played Project 99 for the past few years, intend to try out the upcoming TLP for the first time. They seem to think P99 and TLPs are identical (and sadly do not seem to have the skillset to read responses to their other posts, strange that.), hopefully they will figure out that it is not in the next few months?

Unless it is intended trawling, in which case they get a -5 on a scale of 1 to 10, with serious concerns for their general day-to-day intelligence.
  4. Arclyte Augur

should probably lock obvious troll threads
    Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  5. Slipp New Member

This can't be a serious post. There's no freaking way.
  6. Yogi the Bear I have flea's

It would have been the best opportunity to have the class playable during the beginning of a TLP. I would also not have to reroll in Luclin.
  7. Haze Journeyman

You nerds are so gullible I swear.
  8. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

True, we are not rich young doctors who dabble in EQ :p
  9. Bardy McFly Augur

I'm responding once to say I'm not touching this thread created to breed toxic responses.
  10. Haze Journeyman

God I love that meme. P99 forums are a treasure.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  11. Kylo Classic Augur

Pink Pineapples smell like apples.
  12. coltongrundy Augur

Obviously a troll. But just in case some tiktok sees this post and believes it: It's not that Monks don't have weapons in classic, it's that monk fists are so good they are better than most of the weapons. Monk fist at level 50 are 21/38. You just lose stats and damage bonus that come with weapons, but in off hand the damage bonus doesn't apply anyway.

Also, this is a thing? https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6277
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yep

Bare fists at 50 = 0.55
    Wu's Fist of Mastery = 0.73
  14. KrakenReality Augur

One of my favorites is, “Grats me.”
  15. Baldur Augur

Monk bare hand in primary gets no damage bonus, at 50 a smoldering brand out parses it.
  16. coltongrundy Augur

And nothing gets damage bonus in secondary at 50. Wu's is the only monk usable weapon that has a better ratio than the monk fist.
  17. Baldur Augur

I never said secondary.

The issue with monk fist in primary is it's hard to tell if a weapon is better or not, because you can't just compare ratio, you have to parse. I don't know the exact ratio in classic at 50, but I do know for a fact that smoldering brand out parses it.

And usually smoldering brand / mudman enforcer are fairly common. I guess we don't know if that will be the case or not on Mischief.

Once epic comes into play in Kunark it's around 0.72 ratio at 60 where weapons out parse epic fists. Since epic fist is 23/26 in offhand you will be keeping no weapon in it for a while.
  18. coltongrundy Augur

And I did.
  19. Sepulchre New Member

This thread is a joke right? Everyone knows Monks, even in rags, are top dps in Classic and beyond.
  20. Haze Journeyman

"Book not up"

"Grats Bladefrenzy"

looooooool