Housing request: Vex Thal entrance pool for housing in market request.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tygart, May 6, 2021.

1. Tygart Lorekeeper

Title says it all.
  2. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Hmmm to like go there ?
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Please sign me up for a house in Vex Thal thanks
  4. Tygart Lorekeeper

Nah, I meant the pool for housing plots :). Not a bad idea though like the Heritage crates.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Like a swimming pool? A cement Pond Jethro?

There are some housing items that are ponds and others that can be configured to appear to be ponds.

EQ resources used to hold housing decoration contests over the years and many of the pictures are still up and there was a player named Tsolaes who made many posts on the forums with his designs.
  6. Tygart Lorekeeper

Yes, when you enter Vex Thal after initial zone in and golems there is a nice pool with statue in the middle. I made a pool with Arx Mentis stuff but no water to swim in.
  7. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

There is a chlorine shortage right now. So that’s probably not the best idea.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Be nicer if you added a pic so people who dont know what your talking about can see it. Its pretty easy to do.

Andarriel
  9. Tygart Lorekeeper

Andarriel likes this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

ah yea i remember that zone its pretty cool. Was there for a few days on my ranger doing hunter.

Andarriel

[IMG]

looking at my saved screenshot folder and i kinda have the picture lol.
    Tygart likes this.
  11. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

I may be completely off base here on it. But i imagine technical limitations is why we don't have pools.

They would have to be above ground pools only. Adding a pool, or an empty shell doesnt create a void. The ground would still be a hard ground, so you would have a Jesus walk on water effect.. If they made them as above ground pools, someone would complain about it aesthetically. People would complain why they had to buy more items, to then create a new "ground" thats above the other ground, and their plot is no longer level. (People complain about anything).

I don't know how water is coded in eq. If it would act as water, or it would just be a hollow blue air space. I dont know if the devs have to actually assign dimensions as water for boundaries, so swimmable water may not be able to be placeable with the current code (i dont know though).

That pool is also quite massive, way larger than the housing plots. You would have to shrink it down, to it being about a foot deep with the scaling i would imagine. You may get the fishing pool in pok if it was possible, but i don't think the devs would create an item larger than the dimensions of the house, or bother with rescaling it as standard.

it's a nice thought though. Pools would be nice, but i dont know how feasible they are. It does look nice though lol
    Tygart likes this.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

You say it best when you say nothing at all
  13. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I've always wanted to go on a date with this lovely Ahkevan...one of the best statues in EQ my dream is to meet the real life model!
    Andarriel likes this.
  14. Tygart Lorekeeper

I'm not sure, I'm no computer software guy and I have thought about the lag water could cause. They could scale it down to a smaller pool. I know you can use the Arx tables to make a pool similary shaped, just no water and statue. I'm just brainstorming ideas for market and interest in housing. Fishing pool in Pok would be cool.
    Andarriel likes this.