5 things to know about FV loot rules

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Magician9001, May 6, 2021.

1. Magician9001 Augur

1. Haste and Foci are unaffected by Recommended level. So items like https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=15986 will give you 41% haste at level 1.

2. Always look at the required level to use. Many items that are normally mediocre or weak on normal servers are actually really good on free trade due to being tradable. A few examples are https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=12440 which is normally a very meh 1hs in Luclin but with free trade it becomes the best tradable 1HS for a twink. Another is https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=13683 Which becomes another great twink item due to the level 1 clickable 6 point DS.

3. Attunable gear is still tradable to other players after it's been Attuned. However you won't be able to vendor it once it's been attuned.

4. You can use some keys once then trade them /keys.

5. Almost all marketplace/claim items are still No Trade.
    Bardy McFly, Miss_Jackie and Chyron like this.
  2. brickz Augur

there's a haste cap at level 1 so no, you don't get 41% haste
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

I think the best think weapon is that pop elemental God quest one... where you choose between the 4 items.
  4. Magician9001 Augur

Good call so at level 1 it's 10% since worn haste is capped at 10%.
    But at level 30 it's 41% instead of 21%.

Yah, but that's a 1HB
  5. Slambit Journeyman

trivial loot code still a thing?
  6. ForumBoss Augur

I'm pretty sure your haste capped from worn haste until the mid 40's or so. At least the worn + spell haste cap is definitely an issue through that range.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Supposedly it is on Beryl Hero's forge ornaments, not sure it is on anything else anymore.
  8. WokeCat Augur

I played on Firiona Vie like 20 years ago and had a blast running around in planar gear at level 20 (it was super affordable, but still almost unattainable on my original server). But if I recall... weren't Epics no drop??
  9. ForumBoss Augur

All epics are no-trade, nearly all 1.5-2.0 quest items, and some 1.0 quest items are no trade depending on the class. Major key and flag items are no trade, and some items required to get those keys/flags.
  10. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

I played FV for 6 months about 4-5 years ago and to my surprise, classic-luclin raid mobs all died on spawn. People farmed the crap out of that stuff for twink items.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Still mostly true on live servers now. People like to twink, people like to kill stuff, and people like to sell stuff.
  12. Kodachi Augur

I was leveling a beastlord on live for giggles and wanted to get a decent weapon so logged my old main in and tried to find a boss up from velious -> pop to drop something, I expanded my search out and the only thing I found up in a day window was sleepers tomb. Even Tunare was dead.

At least with free trade all that random stuff from mobs you will never see might show up in the bazaar.