Improving the raidtool

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jumbur, Apr 28, 2021.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would settle for a PET GET LOST button on any pet class in the raid, also available to the MT and backup.

Oh what harmony that would be. :)
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

AOE shrink!!! and targeted growth could be practical too. :p

or perhaps instead of planting the banner, have the raidleader wear it as an eye-catching visible. Without taking a buff/gear-slot, just as a graphical effect.
  3. Windance Augur

I hate to say this but a friend of mine dragged me into WoW for about a year. One of the coolest things they had was a mod that brought up all the people in the raid and let you configure what spells to cast when you clicked on them. Regular click, shift click, right click vs left click etc.

Not sure how feasible it would be in EQ but it might be interesting if you proposing changes to the raidtool... make it so it shows HP and lets you click to cast spells on them.
  4. Nolrog Augur

That works, sure.
  5. Nolrog Augur

<3 one of my raid leaders.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

The raid tool window is cumbersome at best to use. With server lag going from bad to worse it becomes terrible to make raid-level changes using the window with how delayed things can be. Loot access issues and needing to swap master looters and back just to grab or assign anything from the chest is definitely not ideal.

That said, I don't see them touching this window at all anytime soon. There are so many more "hot items" that need the attention of the limited developer resources.
  7. Allayna Augur

You just gotta market it right.

TLP is exploiting the raid tool!

There, now it'll get fixed.
    Herf, Marton and Yinla like this.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A bit off tangent perhaps, but still related.
    I also dislike how adding and removing alts/mains from raid expeditions works. Its a bit of a hassle, when handling loot for alts.
    It would be much easier if we could have more than 54 members in an expedition. Just give the coins to the 54 characters that were in the expedition the longest time, and were present when the raid-boss was killed... or something...?

Im not sure if it can be exploited though? :confused:
  9. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I'd love to see raid templates, like spell sets be savable. Love x 10 million. To the moon and back.
    I'd also like to be able to move people without locking. I'd also love it if people who went LD just dropped right back into their same spot upon returning like they do in groups.
    Koshk, Jumbur and Yinla like this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

So if you have a raid template, with which classes goes to which groups ,then you can just invite people, and they are automatically placed to match the class template?
    Then all you have to do afterwards is to swap a few players and you are ready...

That is great idea!!! :)
  11. Redrum_Redrum Augur

This was discussed several years ago at Vegas FF and the devs said they would look into try to implement this....
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is to prevent race conditions where a group leader invites someone to a group and either the group gets filled up as they hit accept or the group leader gets moved to a different group. Both of those situations could be hard for EQ to handle and simply locking the raid prevents any issues from outstanding invites and group moves.
    klanderso likes this.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

This niche case is FAR less of an issue that trying to invite and/or move people during server lag.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't think that is exactly a niche case and if you have a situation where the raid leader needs to move people around a lot during raid formation maybe look at how you handle that. Instead of having group leaders invite people and the raid leader fix groups have the raid leader do all of that. Don't form groups until the raid leader has invited a full raid (or everyone who is going) that way you minimize the amount of groups that you need to change.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

What I don't get is: why let the lock/unlock be player controlled at all, rather than just be automatic when-ever the raidleader starts(or stops) a procedure that could result in race conditions? :confused:

also, I want a "swap"-button that works after selecting 2 players in raid.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If the raid leader starts an action at the same time as a race condition would occur that would still happen. Though a swap button would be very useful.
  17. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

From a customer facing side, the lock/unlock does have its usefulness, but its very limited.
    I do use it strategically however at times mostly to keep additional people from joining the raid.

About raid sets, how the above responder to my post explained it might work wouldn't really be how I'd like it to work. Rather then set slots by class, if we're going to have this feature someday i'd far rather it be assigned to specific individuals.

In my dream world, if I set up 9 groups, and saved it as Klandicar, for example, it would save the 54 people I have in those spots. Anybody in the raid that wasn't assigned one of those spots should go in the ungrouped list and I can manually backfill them as needed to fill groups.

Group 1 Current:

Miranda
    Brittany
    Sheila
    Allison
    Kara
    Jane

Group 2 Current:
    Fred
    Bill
    Joe
    Kevin
    Alex
    Isaac

Desired Group 1 in new spell set:
    Miranda
    Sheila
    Allison
    Kara
    Fred
    Thomas

Brittany
    Joe
    Kevin
    Alex
    Isaac
    Jane

Outcome:

Group 1:
    Miranda
    Sheila
    Allison
    Kara
    Fred
    (all 5 of them were already in the raid so went into proper groups, 6th slot would be empty as Thomas is not in the raid).

Group 2:
    Brittany
    Joe
    Kevin
    Alex
    Isaac
    Jane

Ungrouped:
    Bill

Sortof similar to the "show details" in the real estate layouts kindof thing. If the asset exists it gets moved, if it doesn't exist, it gets skipped, if you have extras, they go into ungrouped(storage).
  18. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I remember!
  19. Windance Augur

Being able to save a raid and shove people back into the same spots would be great.

Having the same people always log in would make it even better.
    adetia likes this.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

In our guild we don't have mandatory raid attendance. We do have some regulars, but some of us have very sporadic RA.
    So for us it would be more practical if it remembered classes, rather than players I think. Especially if they also implement a "swap players"-button. :)