Fixed Internally Overseer quests disappearing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by dreadlord, May 22, 2020.

1. tanith Augur

Well there have certainly been fewer missing quests in recent weeks.
    But this morning and last night we're back to at least one missing on each account

I have been religiously checking that the stats page showed 5/5 active as the above hypothesis seemed tenable, but, nope, these went missing in spite of that being all correct

I also noted that they went missing sometime in the hour before or at completion. These were 12 hr quests which I'd looked at on a few different toons and they were there until it was time to collect

PS: I see this thread is approaching its birthday!
    Can we all have the birthday gift of this getting resolved please?
    Stymie likes this.
  2. Scila Augur

One thing I've noticed, if I leave almost any of them past their finish time to the next day they will poof and reappear at some distant (and I do mean distant not the next few days) time. I've had 2 missing over a week now on 2 accounts.
  3. Hinky Druid New Member

This has been happening to me, also, at least 1-3x per week. I can confirm that all 5 are queued properly and I'm not over the max active quests (e.g. at 5/10 or less). But when I log back in there are only 4. Once I saw 6 completed quests, but that was at least 1 day later. Most of the time they "poof" never to be seen again.
    If anyone has suggestions on how to provide useful info to the devs for debugging, please let me know.
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Same here, I was watching the stats page as that person suggested, and never had a time where it said 4/5 after I setup 5. It always said 5/5 when I logged, and sometimes was 4/5 when I came back. It's so random though, doesn't happen for days, then two days in a row.
    tanith likes this.
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I know this is a long time coming and a Critical Failure, not just a normal failure... but I haven't had any failures in a long time... Here's a SS for you:

[IMG]
  6. tanith Augur

And again
    Today Just Another Prophecy disappears on 2 accounts - both after about 13/14 hours

Any sniff of any progress?
  7. Jaradoorm New Member

This happens to me every few quests and has been going on for some time. I have verified that I have 5/5 quests active and cannot have any more.. I do mostly the 12 hour quests and 1 out of 3 times a quest is always missing.... I have pretty much given up on trying to figure this out... And no, it has NOTHING to do with Krono, money, or free packs since this account has none...
    tanith likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Had my first missing quest in months today.

Frithe AB server. All times are 8 hours ahead of PDT.

[Sun May 16 16:54:06 2021] You have started the Overseer quest Too Many Belts with the following agent(s): Marcia Attamilgad, Shifty Jenkins, Estrella of Gloomwater, Lanika Shadestepper, Banker Rylisan.

[Sun May 16 16:54:30 2021] You have started the Overseer quest Dive the Deep with the following agent(s): Lyirae Oakwynd, Reaver Lebanezer, Orc Taskmaster, Dabner Drednever, Dark Elf Courier.

[Sun May 16 16:54:51 2021] You have started the Overseer quest Good to the Last Drop with the following agent(s): Lorisyn Oakwynd, Nyzil Bloodforge, Golden Haired Mermaid, Mistmoore Advisor, Kimble Nogflop.

[Sun May 16 16:55:08 2021] You have started the Overseer quest Let Me Just Scooch on Past You with the following agent(s): Magus Tira, Firiona Vie, Nybright Sisters, Phinigel Autropos.

[Sun May 16 16:55:44 2021] You have started the Overseer quest The Ol' Dusty Trail with the following agent(s): King Tearis Thex, Lord Nethryn the Arbitrato, Equestrielle, Elia the Pure.

[Sun May 16 16:55:51 2021] It will take you about 30 seconds to prepare your camp.
    [Sun May 16 16:55:55 2021] It will take about 25 more seconds to prepare your camp.
    [Mon May 17 10:05:47 2021] You are not currently assigned to an adventure.
    [Mon May 17 10:05:59 2021] Welcome to EverQuest!
    [Mon May 17 10:05:59 2021] You have entered Age of Unity Village, 200 Terminus Heights, Palatial Guild Hall.

[Mon May 17 10:06:53 2021] Your available Overseer Quests have been rotated.
    [Mon May 17 10:06:58 2021] Your Overseer quest Let Me Just Scooch on Past You has been completed.
    [Mon May 17 10:07:02 2021] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Let Me Just Scooch on Past You
    [Mon May 17 10:07:14 2021] Your Overseer quest Good to the Last Drop has been completed.
    [Mon May 17 10:07:19 2021] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Good to the Last Drop
    [Mon May 17 10:07:21 2021] Your Overseer quest Too Many Belts has been completed.
    [Mon May 17 10:07:27 2021] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Too Many Belts
    [Mon May 17 10:07:31 2021] Your Overseer quest Dive the Deep has been completed.
    [Mon May 17 10:07:34 2021] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Dive the Deep

The last quest I took before logging last night was missing this morning,
  9. tanith Augur

One thing I'll say for this bug, it's certainly not predictable or consistent....

This week, I have one account which regularly (circa 50% of the time) has one quest missing every 12 hours. Just happened again (on AB)
    Other accounts ok

As per previous post, these quests are disappearing at or immediately before completion
    Moege likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Added my like to this, I have been experiencing Overseer quests going missing over the past few weeks too, on Miragul & Antonius Bayle this has happened quite a bit since the last patch.
    Have not seen this happening on Phinigel very much.

Sometimes I will see one of the missing ones reappear a day or so later but not seeing all of the lost ones recovered.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Frithe AB server - all times are 8 hours ahead of PDT

[Tue May 18 09:04:54 2021] Your available Overseer Quests have been rotated.
    [Tue May 18 09:05:01 2021] Your Overseer quest Wrapping on my Chamber Door has been completed.
    [Tue May 18 09:05:06 2021] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Wrapping on my Chamber Door
    [Tue May 18 09:05:08 2021] Your Overseer quest Back on the Grind has been completed.
    [Tue May 18 09:05:12 2021] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Back on the Grind
    [Tue May 18 09:05:14 2021] Your Overseer quest Does this Look Infected? has been completed.
    [Tue May 18 09:05:17 2021] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Does this Look Infected?
    [Tue May 18 09:05:22 2021] Your Overseer quest Bark is worse than its spite has been completed.
    [Tue May 18 09:05:25 2021] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Bark is worse than its spite
    [Tue May 18 09:05:27 2021] Your Overseer quest Fight Me, You Coward! has been completed.
    [Tue May 18 09:05:30 2021] Crystallos Stone Trader has been added to your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Tue May 18 09:05:31 2021] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Fight Me, You Coward!
    [Tue May 18 09:06:08 2021] You have started the Overseer quest Lessons Learned with the following agent(s): Ognit Eznertob, The Collector, Mistmoore Advisor, Butler Syncall.
    [Tue May 18 09:06:28 2021] You have started the Overseer quest 50 Shades of Prey with the following agent(s): Reaver Lebanezer, Lord Nethryn the Arbitrato, Maukris, Exiled Legionnaire.
    [Tue May 18 09:06:53 2021] You have started the Overseer quest Blacklisted Recovery with the following agent(s): Scavenge Diver, Cauldron Cliffdiver.
    [Tue May 18 09:07:27 2021] You have started the Overseer quest Are you going to eat that? with the following agent(s): Shifty Jenkins, Marcia Attamilgad, Banker Rylisan, Bimbalicus the Soulbleeder.
    [Tue May 18 09:07:59 2021] You have started the Overseer quest Let Me Just Scooch on Past You with the following agent(s): Phinigel Autropos, Lyirae Oakwynd, Nybright Sisters, Undead Barkeep.

Today the only quests I have in my active are, the red quest above vanished

[Wed May 19 09:15:44 2021] Your available Overseer Quests have been rotated.
    [Wed May 19 09:15:44 2021] Lady Chiasa has been recovered successfully.
    [Wed May 19 09:15:51 2021] Your Overseer quest Blacklisted Recovery has been completed.
    [Wed May 19 09:15:55 2021] Guard Orcflayer has been recovered successfully.
    [Wed May 19 09:15:56 2021] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Blacklisted Recovery
    [Wed May 19 09:16:04 2021] Your Overseer quest Lessons Learned has been completed.
    [Wed May 19 09:16:07 2021] Unrest Noble has been added to your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Wed May 19 09:16:08 2021] Orc Legionnaire has been added to your collection of Overseer Agents.
    [Wed May 19 09:16:09 2021] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Lessons Learned
    [Wed May 19 09:16:11 2021] Your Overseer quest Let Me Just Scooch on Past You has been completed.
    [Wed May 19 09:16:16 2021] You have gained a level! Welcome to level 115!
    [Wed May 19 09:16:16 2021] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Let Me Just Scooch on Past You
    [Wed May 19 09:16:20 2021] Your Overseer quest Are you going to eat that? has been completed.
    [Wed May 19 09:16:20 2021] You have completed achievement: Level 115
    [Wed May 19 09:16:23 2021] You have successfully been granted your reward for: Are you going to eat that?
  12. Scila Augur

I had one on each account vanish today as well but I'm not sure it's the same one as above. So far I'm missing 2 on one account at least.
    tanith likes this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Out of three accounts I am missing two quests on one account and one on another today:(
    tanith likes this.
  14. tanith Augur

Happy Birthday/Anniversary to the Overseer bug thread!!

Just one task missing from various accounts this morning and again this evening

Can the Powers That Be join in celebrating this 'auspicious' occasion by letting us know if there will be a fix?
    Stymie and cadres like this.
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

This theory could fall apart any day now, but for about two weeks I have been getting the expected behavior out of my Overseer. What I have been doing is completely avoiding these two things:

Fast Camp
    Removing a character from the world to log in another one

One time I accidentally clicked fast camp, and a day or two later i had a 4/5 when I logged in. The kicker is I can't be 100% sure it was the same account/server where that happened. I'm 90% sure it was the same server, but no clue about the account.

However, other than that, I have been 5/5 every time I login, on two servers across two accounts. That's four instances of Overseer that have been acting properly, consistently. Normally I never go more than a few days without seeing the problem.

So I need somebody to try and help me confirm this. Only /camp, do not click yes for Fast Camp. If you are switching to a character on another server and it says you have a character in the world already, click NO so it does not get removed. Wait for it to time out on it's own and then go in.

I'm going to keep going with my experiment. If anybody else gets results on this please post it here.
  16. cadres Augur

No, it's not about fast camp. I tested that some time ago. One of the chars I mainly do overseer on is based in a zone where fast camp is not possible. They get (very roughly) the same number of missing quests as others in PoK etc.
    In a similar vein, I tried always 'doing something' after completing overseer (eating, casting, interacting with NPCs etc) in case there was, as suggested, some lag involved. No effect one way or the other.
    I've also tried doing overseer in about 40 different zones (different expansions etc) to see if that makes any difference. It doesn't.

Having said that, not had any missing quests for about 2 weeks now
    Yinla likes this.
  17. cadres Augur

And having made the above post, there's 3 missing today!
    Is there going to be an update about this bug/problem?
    As has been posted, this has been going on for over a year now
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Had two missing today, had one missing yesterday, sometimes it will show up later most of the time it doesn't.

Doesn't seem to be any pattern to it at all.
    cadres likes this.
  19. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Yes, I believe you are correct. After waiting a couple weeks to post about it, literally the next two days I was 4/5 on one account and server. So weird, I didn't have a streak like that since I started Overseer. Thanks for confirming it though.

Same here, I'd say that's the pattern, but only 1 of 4 Overseers had that, so ours being the same is probably a coincidence.
    cadres likes this.
  20. cadres Augur

Agreed that there's no pattern. (that we've been able to discern)
    I've been through numerous hypotheses with friends and we think we're onto something, and then it becomes clear that we're not.
    It's very frustrating

It seems to go in phases. I have more quests missing this evening after a period of all being well. Leaves me wondering if it's to do with some backend lag (eg new servers) or something else behind the scenes