Best Multi Named Camps?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jontrann, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Appren Gnomercy

Sadly, it doesnt seem like regular mobs will drop special loot, just that rare mobs can drop loot from other rare mobs, which is a bit of a bummer, since many of the good loot drops in classic (planes, etc) isnt rare.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

My guess is that they aren't suddenly going to start dropping loot if they normally don't.
  3. Magician9001 Augur

Named =/= Rare

If you con a mob it will say in Yellow text "a rare creature"
    Hunter achievement mobs are the "a rare creature"

Quag isn't "a rare creature"

Will be interesting how they determine "raid mob" because their is a con mechanic for it but i doubt they will use the con mechanic for it cause it will mean ever t2 trash mob in hate could drop Naggy/vox loot. Maybe the go with what has MoTM /shrug.
  4. Boze TLP complaint factory

Niente is reading these threads and giggling.
    Moege likes this.
  5. ForumBoss Augur

Sadly it probably won't change the meta much of kpc, hamlord, and asssup perma camped. However if 1 or 2 more camps per zone are more viable for loot, it may help a little bit since more camps would be good per pick, and more would be willing to stay in each pick.
  6. TLP Addict Augur

If you're farming rare or otherwise group named expect to be earning chump change at best, toss whatever ideas you have about what's valuable from classic named out the window because all the previously no trade items from the planes are suddenly back on the menu even if you aren't 46.
  7. Barder-mangler Augur

Yeah what TLP addict said is spot on. I expect the market to be super saturated with regular group loot. Sure your FBSS and SMR will still be valuable, but I expect the real money to be in planar drops.
  8. Roean Journeyman

I wonder what The Hole is gonna be like since everything there can drop something rarely.
  9. Psalmz Elder

Most of the Hole drops are rare drops from "regular" elementals or undead. Master Yael and a few others may be affected though.
  10. TLP Addict Augur

GEBs will still be valued because most caster/priest planar boots suck, but not sure if they can be "farmed" if Efreeti has a dozen other drops added to his loot table. Even planar armor will tank in value quite quickly due to being so common.
  11. Arclyte Augur

some class belts are only 16% haste
  12. TLP Addict Augur

FBSS is like 5% better but carries no stats or AC.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

I would expect loam and withered to drop exactly like it does now and nowhere else.
  14. Arclyte Augur

Yea i think everyone has this idea in their head that they're going to camp some previously useless "named" mob and collect a bunch of loot.

I'm willing to bet the random drop rate is going to be somewhere around 15%-25%. Just enough to spice things up, but not enough to pull you away from the original loot camps.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

What makes you think that? Nothing said by DPG thus far would support that.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Barder-mangler Augur

I mean SMR is tied to 2 epics, so there will be value there for at least all of classic. Not saying its going to be super high priced, but it won't be 80p. I'd expect FBSS to still be super valuable for the first week, and then it'll take a nose dive as people fill up with other haste items.
  17. Docc Holiday New Member

SMR will retain value into kunark for sure. FBSS will always have solid value in classic being the most common haste item. I'm not sure if this mix up will change that ultimately, it's still a solid classic item. If the 41% sky haste belts are much easier and common to get, that may be a game changer.

The unique part about this server is classic is only 1 month. So the typical 3 month pricing trend is going to be condensed and really bizarre! Everyone is going to tell themselves why pay X amount now when Kunark is just X weeks away.
    andross77 likes this.
  18. WokeCat Augur

I do have to wonder why anyone would do any difficult camp for less of a chance of good loot..
  19. Machen New Member

Except this is exactly the sort of thing no one really has any idea about til it launches and everyone sees.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. Machen New Member

It'll take a bit longer than a week for people to have excess haste items to sell for 80p or less.
    Baratu likes this.
  21. WokeCat Augur

I thought same thing, but at same time, imagine how enraging it will be to be camping frenzied or ghoul and get a really bad item lmao