Rogs, Palas etc

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hydralite, May 2, 2021.

1. Hydralite New Member

Any chanse they will make some of the underpowered
    classes more attractive on the new TLP Mischief?
  2. Zansobar Augur

Doubtful. Any changes will be made to the class across all servers and they don't seem to care to balance based on lower levels (the range that TLP players end up playing).
  3. Kodachi Augur

Based off what I see on live servers, they don't care to balance based on end game either.
  4. Riou EQResource

Most people don't seem to care if you want to play a "weak" class if you actually want to play it, then play it, it wont really hold you back
    Xondor and Skuz like this.
  5. Ketzerei84 Elder

If you think Rogue is underpowered, you're playing with horrible rogues.
  6. Glowerss Augur

Depends on the era. Rogues are pretty bad in classic. They get a lot better in Kunark with epic and double backstab, but they're still well behind monks until maybe late velious or luclin.
  7. Arclyte Augur

rogues arent weak, its just that monks have been broken for years and no one seems to care
    Skuz and Ketzerei84 like this.
  8. Ketzerei84 Elder

If they fix monks how will nodelay hackers farm raid loot to sell us for krono that we buy from dpg?
  9. Machen New Member

Only true depending on what expansion you are playing in. Some of them, the very best rogues are underpowered.
  10. Mithra Augur

I wouldn't mind rogues getting a 10% dps boost to compete with monks/zerkers for the first 15 expansions. Would then need a even bigger boost to compete with the casters in the SOD-TBL eras.
  11. Laronk Augur

Paladins aren't weak either in classic they just do low DPS. They're able to heal all the content in classic if they need to and they can tank it.
  12. Haze Journeyman

Facts. My guild is full off absolute CHAD parselords. I am always up there in the charts; majority of the time top 5.

But I'm ATK-stacked, have Luclin BiS weapons, 350 AAs, primal avatar/ferocity, Bard group, Bite of the Shissar poison, proper timing/use of discs (this is inherent, of course). Meanwhile Rangers & Monks are like lol buttons go brrrrrrrrr.

One particular monk is #1 literally every single fight. I have no idea what kind of blood sacrifice to the Parse Gods he did, but it's absurd.
    Ketzerei84 likes this.
  13. Kutsuu Augur

A monk can optimize just like you can. You're noticing someone who is optimizing instead of just going "brrrrr".
    Tweakfour17 and Iyacc like this.
  14. Roean Journeyman

In early expansions I'd top the charts as monk simply by stacking resists so I never died or had to duck out of aoes.
  15. Master Kahleem Augur

Monks aren't the issue, rogues are just too investment reliant to do the same things as other DPS.

It is, a fact, that Rogues aren't competitive until around Luclin, but even then it's a lot of investment to achieve similar results.

Rogues need something like a 15% dps boost, and their poisons need to be refactored.
  16. Xanathol Augur

Paladins are actually really good (esp once Cease & Desists comes in) its just that TLPs turn into dps wars, which is their weak point.
  17. Haze Journeyman

For him, specifically? For sure. We've spoken about optimization and whatnot. I've learned a lot from him. The other monks don't do nearly as much as this guy does and they're still just casually top 10. One even skipped half of Luclin and still crushes the parse. But, this all sounds anecdotal (as is every post on these forums to be honest), so I'll leave it at that.

I don't think I'd go as far as not competitive until Luclin, but we sure as hell have to work harder than the other dps classes do to BE competitive.
  18. Hydralite New Member

I just try to adress the problem with paladins and rouges and not
    lure out every paladin/rog fanbois to defend them since
    we all know why paladins is the least played tank and rog the least
    played class on every TLP.

Rogs just broken with no real utility, at least when game came out they
    could fetch corpses. Even if they would get 10% dps
    increase they probably be the least played. They should make poisons
    more useful somehow (slows, lower armor and or resist?)

Don’t really know what paladins would need to become as attractive as SK
    in groups.

Then again I rather play a rog then a shaman in classic, but that’s for
    another thread
  19. FranktheBank Augur

Paladins are terrible until UF. If you disagree, you are in denial. They are strictly worse than SKs except in 4 metrics, group healing, stunning, rezzing and casting brells.

SK are better tanks, better at threat, better dps, have better race options (WHERE ARE YOU BARB PAL?).

In 80% of scenarios an SK is just better. If you want to play a paladin, accept this and lean hard on the 20%. You can complete all the content in the game as either, but one is CLEARLY better.
  20. PipotheAFILADOR Journeyman

Also better in CC/kiting once pop hits with shackles and divine stun.

A good paladin can CC the non mezzable rathe council, CC the named in coirnav event, Zek adds in time, etc.

The problem is like 95% of paladins and let's be honest knights in general are some of the worst players but the 5% of good knights are like god mode.