/chatfontsize 4 < what we need > /chatfontsize 5

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Niskin, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I'm really glad EQ already has this feature, but it needs some adjustment. I'm playing at 2560x1440 (1440p) and 4 is too small but 5 is too big, or at least too bold. I think if they could tweak this a bit and give us finer increments it would really help. Nobody is really going to go smaller than 4, and 5 is probably good for 4K, but I don't know for sure. Either way, nobody is going with much more than 6 unless 8K becomes the standard.

Please consider an adjustment, as I hope it's just changing some numbers somewhere in the client code.

EDIT: Bah the title is always wrong. I should have used the other bracket, but I think it just looks stupid either way. Good idea, bad implementation, me.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

A better way is to uncheck the High DPI Scaling settings for eqgame.exe. For me, that is the only way EQ is playable on a 4K monitor.
    Captain Video likes this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I just saw the title, before even clicking into the thread, I knew just what you meant. No worries :)
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can also change the font style which helps with the size of the type
    Elyssanda and Duder like this.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Good tips, I'll give them a try.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i actually have a hotkey for the size of my fonts 1 window is fine but the other 2 always come up small.

Andarriel
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Every element in the UI should have a "scale value", imho.
    Stymie likes this.
  8. Zynt Augur

My issue is the maps. I have used different versions but for the vast majority of them because of font color and size I can not see . I can get around fine it's more of which named is where, quest giver, etc. I'm not just waaaaaaay older than I was when I started playing but I've been a T1 Diabetic for 35 years and my eyes have paid the price.
    Sprooce likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

This may be easier on your eyes: If you go to EQResource, go to the zone in question and select Named Overview. It will show a map of the zone with numbers indicating where the named spawn. Not an in-game tool, but it sure is handy sometimes.
    Sprooce, Riou and Zynt like this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I find both Goods and Brewells to have tons of info on their maps, so much in fact that lots of it gets buried and very small.

You can change/edit the color of everything/label etc in the maps from Goods or Brewells. It can also be sized to small med and large but those are not that big.

I changed all my character to have red colored pointers so I can see where I am and where my group is better. I have different colors for different quest points etc.

And I use the mouse scroll to zoom in and out on the map.

If you change the default maps they will not stay since it reloads every update.
    Sprooce, Gyurika Godofwar and Zynt like this.
  11. Zynt Augur

This is usually what I end up doing.
    Riou likes this.
  12. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

13. Accipiter Old Timer

Not sure why you are all dicking around with chat font sizes when you can fix it once and for all by doing what I suggested.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

My trader on a 4K monitor.
    [IMG]
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

My monitor is small so I never needed to play around with it, but doesn't it just force eq into a lower resolution, including rendering of actual geometry and effects, in low res?

Isn't it essentially just the same as selecting a lower resolution in-game? :confused:
  16. Vumad Cape Wearer

The font sizes are non-linear. Did you try the numbers after 6?
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I did not, I assumed the smaller numbers were smaller fonts and larger numbers were larger fonts. Will have to take a look.
  18. Vumad Cape Wearer

They are not. The first few are linear but after that they do strange things like get bold and stuff.
    Niskin likes this.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

I play at 5120x2880.
    I love the wide field of visibility and the amount of usable screen space but do struggle a little at times with the size of text on hotbars.
    Stymie likes this.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea when i got my new computer and monitor i ran eq at 4k noway could i do anything everything was to small so i went back and put my monitor at 1080p the chatfont size i use that is good is 8 but i did go from a 18 inch laptop to a 30 inch widescreen and wide is the way to go with eq.

Andarriel
    Stymie likes this.