Fixed Internally Guild Hall NPC placement

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ozpunk, Apr 22, 2021.

1. ozpunk New Member

When placing NPCs (guild banker, teleportation assistant, etc) in the guild hall I am unable to rotate the direction they are facing. Normally CTRL + mouse wheel rotates an item but doesn't do anything when adjusting placement of an NPC. I also tried Shift G to rotate heading 90 degrees but that also did nothing. Is this bugged or am I missing something? Thanks.
    Cervesio, Skuz, Velisaris_MS and 12 others like this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Have you tried Shift-Z to change the type of placement you are performing?
  3. ozpunk New Member

Shift Z doesn't change anything it stays in cursor mode. Shift Z still works on regular furniture items though
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This sure looks like a bug so gave you a like

Tried to reproduce on my guild assistants and once I had clicked "adjust placement" the only thing I could do was Shift E which was supposed to reset heading which it did but turned him facing away from me. Now I cannot get him reset back. He is talking to the wall.
    ozpunk likes this.
  5. ozpunk New Member

Thanks for confirmation sorry that you've got a wall facing vendor now too though :(
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. Eldrian Augur

Can't change the direction of parse dummies in personal house either. They can be moved around just can't change their heading. Also can't resize any NPC.
  7. Vaft_Gnome Lorekeeper

just ran into this issue myself, we are downsizing our guild hall and i thought my buddy was just being goofy and unable to do it. cannot rotate NPCs it appears, or the teleportation pad. can rotate other things just fine
  8. Drakah UI Designer

I just now realized this too. I cannot rotate any of the NPC's at all anymore.
  9. Beldrune Apprentice

Can’t rotate either, made duplicate post without seeing this. I don’t remember npcs ever being resizable though.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't worry about your dup post, I only posted that it was a dup so DW or whoever can either merge yours or get rid of it.

Your right, my guild hall NPC have never been sizeable

Some of us have a cancel button on postings but most of us don't.

Now this has been confirmed any idea when we can see a fix?
  11. Kelea New Member

If you hail the the NPC, they will turn and face you. You can adjust their direction that way. I've moved several this week.
    Krittor likes this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

This still seems to be an issue for some folks. A bump by any other name...
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

At least its confirmed so hopefully a fix is being worked on. It does work to hail them as posted above but that only turns them to face you. Any other adjustments still do not work.
  14. Krittor New Member

Really hope there is a fix for this coming soon!
    CatsPaws likes this.
  15. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Happened to me the other day, as well. Uber annoying.
  16. Aaikan Journeyman

Still an issue for me, has anyone figured a work-around? Apparently it's not happening to everyone, eh?
  17. Rondor Augur

The bug report is now marked as "Confirmed" so the development team has it on their plate to be eventually fixed, no timeline given publically yet. A workaround is to hail the NPC and it will turn to face you but that may not necessarily stick once the zone is restarted.
    Aaikan likes this.
  18. Wulfgyr New Member

Can confirm, it's still happening. Not sure if the "hailing" trick is persistent upon zoning for the Guild Hall NPCs, but I can confirm that the workaround does not work for the Teleportation Device, which is also impacted.
  19. Fenthen aka Rath

Do we have a status update for this? Pets in player plots don't rotate either, it's not just limited to guild halls.
  20. Moege Augur

hailing trick is not persistent, my vendors are staring at the walls now.
    CatsPaws likes this.