Bristlebane Be Praised - Mischief is coming!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Febb Augur

It looks like your launching on a Saturday. Will all expansions launch on Saturday's or will those launch dates be moved to a business day?
  2. dreamweaver Community Manager

But May 26 is a Wednesday?
    Captain Video and Skuz like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will the servers be open to create a char before launch date?

Can you please consider launching a 2nd server with the same rule set but non truebox. There is already a lot of interest in this server and it seems daft not to when the last few TLP servers have had to have a 2nd one added 2 weeks later.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  5. dreamweaver Community Manager

No the second server will not be non-truebox.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  6. Febb Augur

oops, don't know what I was looking at lol
    dreamweaver and Skuz like this.
  7. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Truebox means non-starter for me. Why EQ/DPG have decided to champion the "everybody must own 6+ computers and only utilize 1/10th of their power" cause is beyond me, but that's all Truebox does: if you are poor, you're out of luck. If you have money, you can have all the fun you want.

Everybody knows it isn't enforced (just a glance at the forums makes that clear), so why do you do it?

Oh well, maybe next year.
    PathToEternity and ForumBoss like this.
  8. Herf Augur

DayPaw has repeatedly demonstrated they will not spend significant money on adding out of era features to a TLP. They simply won't. Perhaps because of policy, or perhaps because the cost of doing it out of era would be a significant engineering effort on wobbly old code. That is why we won't get stuff like you mention above :( True they could unlock to Luclin to get beastlords into the mix.

Think of TLPs like candy bars: there are only a handful of ingredients: chocolate, caramel, peanuts, rice crispies, etc. These can be mixed in different ways to get different candy bar types. But nothing new will be added to the ingredient lineup.

I do wish they would start at Kunark, because I don't want to play any kind of elf, and I like playing Iksar.
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

They don't want you to buy 6+ computers, they want you to settle for using less boxes than 6+. It's a better experience for others that way. They know you don't want truebox, they know why you don't want it. They still think it's better for everybody if it's truebox, and they are right.
  10. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

2 or 3 is fine for me, but 1 is just plain boring for too much of the time - even if you can find groups. But it's absurd to restrict some people but not others, why would I want to join that game again?
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

You are missing the point. Truebox is the line they can draw in the sand that works. Some people may be able to go to great lengths to circumvent it, but having the client force itself to be single per machine when using a Truebox enabled server is a reliable control from their end of things. This stops the 30+ 60+ boxers, or at least makes it very annoying for them to try to work around. It also mitigates the 6+ and leaves the 1-3 as possible if you want to work for it.

Anything they have to manually police is going to be hard and unreliable. Truebox is the global fix.

Plenty of people want to play 1-3 accounts, very few want to play more than one group, but it only takes a few doing that to ruin experiences on a server. Three 6-boxers can hold down the content that 18 real players would use. In classic especially that ruins a lot of people's days.

There has been some discussion of disabling Truebox in later expansions, and that may be fine, but early on, it is needed.
    Skuz and Herf like this.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

No, private /picks are the solution. As my signature has suggested for years. And it goes well with their trademarked motto, too: "Free to play your way.™"

Instead, they go out of their way to make it difficult for players to just have fun. It's all rules and banning. Yay, what fun!
    TheInquisitor likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

With servers having performance issues as it is adding more zones for them to run at once isn't a good idea. Besides they still want to limit the amount of items/currency that comes into the game. Considering the fact that they changed pick zones to auto close when the population drops I don't ever see getting private zones.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. PotatoPowa Elder

That would be interesting. How about fabled mobs popping up too, as early as classic? Maybe not even constant, it can be an occasional sporadic thing. At midnight in this or that zone, on this or that day, a fabled mob might appear... could be fun :)
    TheInquisitor likes this.
  15. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It's interesting that they have such fine control over their $ income (limiting in-game supply creates demand for kronos) and player happiness (contesting for mobs is PVP and generally at the bottom of the fun scale), and yet this is where they land.

Anyhow, maybe next year there will be a non-truebox server.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

We just had Rizlona so I would not bank on it happening.

I think Truebox up to DoDH is okay though myself, turning it off after that unlocks would be reflective of how live servers (or the client at least) changed around then too.

I myself have no plan to play on any TLP that has Truebox on for it's entire run to live so I shall be skipping mischief too unless it changes.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  17. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Hey, how did Rizlona work out (I missed the start, and trying to catch up is just no fun)? I don't see a lot of complaints about it, what were the rules other than slower exp and no truebox?

It seems like it was a success, if only based on there being more complaints about boxing on Aradune than complaints about anything at all on Rizlona?

Honest question, especially for the players on Rizlona ;)
  18. LDEffectsMe Augur

+1 to this. Mischief server should be different. Let us have a use for all that Beastlord and Berserker armor that drops in Classic+ raid zones. Let us see what EQ would have been like with all the classes available from the start. (Should also add Frogloks and Wood Elf Beastlords / Froglok Monks from the start since their homes are in old world zones.)

All Race/Class combos from the start. Races unlock as soon as their home zone becomes available.

Let's make with the Mischief for real!
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It's a no-truebox copy of aradune, and for the most part seems drama free
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  20. Shinzen New Member

go wild krono RMTs... go wild.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.