Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Marden_JM, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Marden_JM New Member

I haven't played EQ in forever (dabbled here and there over the years, but nothing serious since Planes of Power when I actually raided). I know next to nothing about TLP servers.

I happened to see a post about Mischief elsewhere and it hit all the right nostalgia buttons.

So, a few simple questions:
    • Do guilds recruit on TLP servers? Or is it mostly the same group of friends that join new servers as they are created?
    • If the answer to the first question is yes, would someone like me (who might as well be a total newbie at this point) be likely to find a home?
    • Can I be successful with a single account? I never liked multiple accounts. This may be illegal on the server anyway; I have no clue.

This sounds fun as heck, but EQ is always better with others. If I wanted to play a solo mmo I'd be....well. We all know the answer to that.
  2. Zinth Augur

yes yes maybe and yes... that should answer all Q's
  3. Jontrann Augur

Yes to all of your questions but EQ is a vastly different game now then it was back then. People min/max so hard and more then 50% of the population use "3rd party" programs as either hacking or botting software and its never really been dealt with so as time goes on more and more people jump on that band wagon.

Lower your expectations and go into it knowing people don't play for fun anymore, they play for progress and you will be fine.
    andross77 likes this.
  4. Marden_JM New Member

Appreciate the answers. I think I'll have to give this a go.

Can't wait to die to a skeleton that I thought was a decaying skeleton, like old times.
  5. ntellect Augur

I'd say if you give ANY TLP a go - this would be the one I would recommend.
    Faydra likes this.
  6. Lejaun Augur

I think DPG are jerks for putting out this server. I am very happily playing on Live, Rizlona, and Aradune. A new TLP gave me no interest at all. And then they shake things up completely...
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

I knew this would happen, my plans are finally coming together!
  8. Kylo Classic Augur

You forgot the maniacal laughter as you rub your hands together.
    Fanra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. SunDrake Augur

No, he did that.
  10. Herf Augur

I can only speak for Agnarr. New/returning people are welcomed there. Free buffs, occasional random giveaways of low lvl items (since we get them while looking for epic parts, etc. and don't need 'em). Downside is, yes up to lvl 20-30 you'll be xp'ing alone or with 1-2 others. Basically though you get a free DS and Temp in Pok, then hit Kurns, Unrest, etc. and rapidly get to 20. Then to PC until 23, after that depends, but from 25-30 Iceclad cougars are a good spot.

If you want to re-experience classic, kunark, velius and luclin in era then you need to catch a newly opening TLP
    Marden_JM likes this.
  11. Marden_JM New Member

I ended up taking your advice and I'm sold on Agnarr. Its an era with many fond memories, and there's an obtainable "end" that I don't have to rush to.

Juggling a few noob characters at the moment trying to figure out what to play (you were right about the near-total lack of low-level groups) but the people have been quite nice and helpful. I love coming home from work to find my bad character fully-buffed at the soulbinder lol.
  12. Nolrog Augur

Yes guilds still recruit. There will be messages saying xxx recruiting and you can probably find some in the guild recruitment section of the forums.

Yes, you can find a home. You probably will make some good friends and stay with them.

Yes you can be successful with a single account. Not everyone boxes.
    Demetri likes this.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

There are going to be a million guilds, and they will mostly collapse. The dropoff/merge is intense during the early eras, but the trend pretty much continues indefinitely.

Plenty of people play 1 account.
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Ok, I'm commandeering this thread. This is now the hype thread for Mischief, which of course will be the best server ever. Better than Thornblade, which will be dumb and have no friends.

Who's on team Mischief?
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Thornblade's got two already, yeah two. Beat that Mischief!