Mischief- consistent loot tables, or huge range?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stefen, Apr 26, 2021.

1. a_librarian Augur

Holly.
  2. Zinth Augur

DW as well ;-)
  3. Ketzerei84 Elder

There was, once upon a time, a flightless Australian bird server with randomized loot tables like this. I'm wondering if they took their inspiration from Dungeon Crawl....
  4. Bard2019 Elder

I wouldn't worry about lesser loot too much. Everyone will just be racing to 50 so they can camp in Sky to endlessly instant-spawn the Spiroc boss.
    Ions and Kylo Classic like this.
  5. Protagonist Tank

Classic isn't what anyone is worried about. Depending on details, several epics will become nigh on impossible. VT key will become completely impossible.
  6. Zipe The Healer

I can't wait for them to mess up and add Random Raid Loot to a Rare NPC, then people realizing it and be farming raid gear from a group mob.
    It will happen.
    And you know it.
  7. Lejaun Augur

Cue the "Due to the ability of respawning the Spiroc Lord endlessly, we have decided to change it to where he will not respawn upon death even if the guardian is still alive." That will be a week after the top few guilds have farmed him to death.
  8. Lejaun Augur

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept quest pieces on their original NPC.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they do nothing until after the forums are flooded with complaints about how people can't do their epic.
  9. theonepercent Augur

Which epics are those? The vast majority of epic mobs aren't marked as rare and their loot shouldn't change. For VT key it's just ME? It's free trade buy a shard from someone who finds it if that does get randomized.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am guessing they decided they could do free trade because they randomized the drops making it impossible to monopolize certain camps/raids for drops. Having this randomization does help get rid of some problems. Also I think it is the only way they can do the randomization without causing problems.
  11. ntellect Augur

Are they going to release details? I thought the whole point of this server was not knowing and figuring it out as we play.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am guessing we won't learn more until we are playing on the server and finding things out for ourselves.
  13. Protagonist Tank

They absolutely shouldn't release details about where loot is being redistributed.

They absolutely need to release details about the basic mechanics of the redistribution process.
  14. ntellect Augur

Why?
    Bobbybick, Faydra and MasterMagnus like this.
  15. Moranis Augur

I vote for not saying another word about the server or the randomized loot and just opening that bad boy up. Let the craziness ensue in true Bristlebane style!
    Faydra and MasterMagnus like this.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

There are countless unaddressed issues still, there are always bugs, etc.

Why not let things like unattainable pieces happen?

They are constantly 'fixing' stuff.

Bristlebane embraces the janky!
    Faydra likes this.
  17. Moranis Augur

My plan is the farm the sheeeeit out of Gorge of King Xorbb
  18. Lejaun Augur

Small pieces of clay for everyone !
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I can see some mob-specific restriction being in place for a mob that can be endlessly respawned, diminishing return factor or just excluded from the loot table all the other mobs of his level range are on entirely.
    Faydra likes this.
  20. Protagonist Tank

Because if they do this stupidly, the server will be an unplayable mess by Luclin for anyone other than bots and casuals willing to drop insane amounts of cash to buy their kit. The primary determination on how long a server lives is how many guilds clear content each expansion. Nobody is going to invest long-term in taking their guild to a new server if it's unclear whether that server's rule set is functional or not.