Bristlebane Be Praised - Mischief is coming!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why flag a for a zone? Because it gives you more shots at loot you want/need? Sure they might not care about getting flagged as fast as they have in the past but they will still want the extra shots at loot.
    internalprime8 and Barraind like this.
  2. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Based on level ranges, VP raid bosses would likely have VP loot and Trak loot on their tables.
  3. Protagonist Tank

Gornare drops Vox loot, plus a shield, and is in that same level range.
  4. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Outdoor dragons are level 60.

VP and Trak are 65.

Its going to depend on how large that level split is, and if it changes by expansion. What would make sense for classic and kunarks incredibly large level differences stops working real fast after that.
  5. Protagonist Tank

Since there's no details, let's make some up: They randomize all loot tables once, before launch, but never again. They do this for all mobs flagged as "rare" within similar level ranges and spawn rates.

Kunark drops. Want to key for VP? The AJ key piece now drops off a Chardok mob. Like AJ, it's a very low spawn rate, less than 1%. But the new mob spawns in a static location from a single spot, not any random mob in a field like the old AJ.

You thought the trolling for Broken Golem was bad on Aradune? Wait for that scenario.

But let's reroll the rules again. This time, all loot is continually randomized on all mobs of a given range, any mob flagged as "rare," but still roughly the same drop rate. Now absolutely nobody CAN key for VP, because that kind of drop rate shared with all kunark loot dropping off mobs over level 40? You'll maybe see one, two key pieces - but with no control over where/when they drop, even the most hardcore will never get all 9. They'll slit their wrists when they have 5 and get the same one 3 times in a row after 40 hours of camping it.

Or raid mobs. Loot is purely by level without regard for keying, and the level range is +/- 10 levels. Every guild splits Grieg to be single group 15 splits and nobody keys VT. Grieg is easy, and loot is tradeable.

It's a good idea. But we need some details of the mechanisms now so we can call out and correct stupid before it's too late.
  6. Protagonist Tank

Right, that's what's being said here - it's potentially a good idea, and it's potentially a horrible train wreck that nobody would touch with a poo-covered stick. We need more information.
    haaaalp likes this.
  7. Kahna Augur

This is probably because the exp rate will be the same as Aradune's. They both have "Mangler" exp.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. ForumBoss Augur

I think randomization across zones is fun, the whole point was to get people into other zones. Plus if your desired camp is taken, you can go somewhere else, have a crack at the item, or something you can sell to buy it (it will be tradeable).

Epic drops, and major key/flagging drops are typically no trade on FV. I imagine it would be similar on Mischief. There is a tag in the database for items that are "no trade on fv".
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Herf Augur

I'm guessing static, randomized, loot tables. Because doing it dynamically would use a lot more CPU, and would require new code.

Of course they could re-randomize every unlock....and hope they didn't screw up Norrath with the new loot tables.

I still don't see how this is done with loots that are obviously tied to locations. Gypsy Lute dropping from Ogres in TD? Vampire Blood dropping from goblins? Bronze armor dropping in Kurns? Maybe I'm just mentally exaggerating to myself how many items are tied to zones, not just lvls?

I'm not making accusations...it just seems like the zones were originally designed in certain ways, and with certain power lvls in mind. Will Unrest start dropping level 30'ish items that drop in Velius, perhaps after Velius unlocks?
    Pelrond likes this.
  10. Protagonist Tank

Yeah, I was mistaken there. Misread. Cheers for the correction.
  11. Kahna Augur

The announcement states "Rare Mobs". So 99% of mobs will drop the same stuff they always drop. Also, the mobs only drop stuff from similarly leveled mobs in the same expansion. So no Velious stuff in Classic.
  12. Protagonist Tank

So you've been around all these years but were unaware last year's plan was PoP lock and we had to scream them into realizing nobody wanted a new pop lock server, and the year before that the "hardcore" server was super slow xp with high death xp loss and we had to scream them into realizing nobody wanted a slow xp server?

They have regularly and repeatedly gotten these launches REALLY wrong and made REALLY bad decisions, but you're posting that we should all give them the benefit of the doubt and just assume it'll be a raucous good time "discovering" what decisions they made.

So calling you disingenuous was the polite answer. The alternative is calling you dumb.
  13. Herf Augur

Thanks, I just came over to try to correct my post but too late. I found this in the server rules description:

"Rare NPCs will drop loot from other NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion."

Now I'm just wondering about the definition of "rare". IIRC there are named, but there are also non named who are considered rare. Or something like that.
  14. Protagonist Tank

Not really. Select all mobs flagged rare, flagged kunark, level 35 to 45. Copy all loot tables. Create new loot table. Paste. Point all selected mobs at new loot table. This effectively creates a completely random loot within a level range, and would make many parts of the content completely unplayable.
  15. Protagonist Tank

"Rare" is a specifically designated flag. If you con a mob and it says "rare creature," that's one.
  16. Typucm Elder

Sound like a great server for me!
    Thanks devs for adding this type of server.
    Seems on this server i can play past PoP, as i no more need keys or flags to get ToV, VT, PoP+ loot :)
  17. Rainbowbright Journeyman

I hope you catch the revamp items before they screw up tables. I'm thinking of upgraded VP for kunark and that weird upgraded gear list in velious. How do zonewide loot items get handled? For instance, the zonewides in Old Sebilis, the Sarnak Earring of Station...sarnak items in general actually? What about quest items for epics and quest items for well...quests like the iksar cudgel/fists/greenmist? You should allow for expansion bleedover. For instance, VS and Faydedar share loot tables, but also add Vox and Naggy when kunark releases to share the tables too.
  18. Ketzerei84 Elder

So, in keeping with tradition of the last few TLP launch will this be a double launch of the truebox(as many as you like) and truebox(2 per person) ruleset or of mischief and some other TLP?
  19. Ajjantis Elder

For the love of god please enforce the truebox rules and GET RID OF ALL THE AUTOMATIC BOT GROUPS. All TLPs, whether truebox or not, are swarmed by bot groups doing their 24/7 seven days a week, 31 days a month.
  20. haaaalp Augur

Customer service right now is pretty iffy. JChan even said on a live stream last year that FV is the reason why they haven’t made a “free trade” tlp due to RMT and scams.

This server will easily be the most toxic of them all. Can’t wait for tubbins to make $100,000 a month since he can now loot anything and sell it later.

Imagine thinking “truebox” actually works
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.