Bristlebane Be Praised - Mischief is coming!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

This is perfect for what most TLP's should be: something weird.

How are you going to monopolize something that can (potentially) drop from any mob of its level range and rarity in any zone?
    Pelrond, code-zero and Skuz like this.
  2. Riou EQResource

No, epic and key related items are still no drop on FV iirc

It's basically mostly raid loot will be fully trade-able now
  3. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

That will make or break a lot of early content spread. Nameds in classic and kunark zones are... weird. Nameds you can pull from the same camps in Guk, SolB or Seb can range up to 10-15 levels.

Raid bosses aren't immune to this. VS, for instance, is 55. Hes the only raid flagged target in Kunark at that level. The outdoor dragons are 60. Trak and VP raid bosses are 65. (Some VP rare/trash is 67-69).

Without a large level spread early on, you arent really going to see a lot of person spread. Want GEBS? There's 4 nameds in solb that are within 2 levels of 50, and 3 of them are giants and may be flagged as raid targets. 0 in Lguk. 3 in kedge, all pullable from the same spot.
    Protagonist likes this.
  4. Catashe Augur

The random loot sounds like a interesting way to stop certain people who shall not be named from hogging a certain camps 24/7 yet if also sounds like something that would make me stab someone especially when comes to PoP and later then bosses after set loot and you want to get certain items... Although I guess thats why the servers gonna be Free Trade though otherwise the randomness will become unbearable
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Entice New Member

Hmm Mischief? Goes well with what happened to the enchanter nerf, up to no good.
  6. Tankkin Journeyman

Is the plan only to have one server at the moment? You should probably get at least a second ready for launch.
  7. Runes01 New Member

8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Sounds like I might have competition on Gore come Looselin.
  9. Ythera Augur

Add in out of combat regen from day 1 and you got me.
  10. internalprime8 Journeyman

This sounds like a fun twist. I’ll have to think of what class to roll with!
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not against this but i would suggest it shouldn't be as strong as it is in tss.
  12. Protagonist Tank

Sooooooo much unanswered here that makes a big difference on whether this is fun or a complete trainwreck.

Is this continually randomized, or is it just a randomization of loot tables before the server goes up but the mobs will always drop only things from their new tables? IE: Will the Guise drop off any level 30-ish rare, or will there just be a new mob dropping it that will be camped in the same way once people report where it's dropping?

Or: Will the AoN drop randomly off any top-tier raid mob during classic, or will it just be reassigned to one specific boss's loot table?

How will rare mobs that drop quest items be handled? IE: Will the ring of the ancients now randomly drop off a different level 40-ish rare? Or the items needed for class armor turn ins?

How will epic drops be handled? Are they now randomized to new mobs as well? How does this play with especially rare timed mobs, like Shissar? What about triggered fights, like the Necro fight in Lake Rathe - will the bonus earring still drop, or will that be redistributed? Or more broadly, the extra loot from the Ring War triggered fight?

Will keyed zones see their loot redistributed to non-keyed mobs - like VP loot on Tal/Sev/Gor? Or will keyed zones just have their loot shuffled internally?
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

discovery is an underrated concept
    code-zero and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  14. Protagonist Tank

You're being disingenuous. The examples are to explain the context of the question, not requesting specific loot distribution.

But some of those decisions can seriously ruin the fun. Why would ANNNNNNNNNNNYYYONE flag for a zone if the loot is distributed outside of the flag, for example? Or you do go through the pooshow of flagging for VP, then get nothing but Vox loot. How fun is that first Inny kill when he drops 6 Sky quest items and nothing else? Gonna love farming that 1% chance drop for your epic when it only drops off Yael? Or all of Classic raiding just being Sister in PoS over and over for 4 hours a night?

I'm in favor of new things, and this is potentially a cool idea. But there are wayyyyyyyyyy too few details here on how it will be implemented to be praising it.

Also, the number of people hyped about this who will be screaming bloody murder when they realize all of this means a hyper-krono market is comedy gold.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am being optimistic until given a reason to be otherwise.

Will there be mistakes, of course there will be, that's what happens when you try something new, changes needing to be made are almost inevitable.

i still don't think we need to know too much going in, where is your sense of fun?

Maybe try it before you take a dump on it, rather than the reverse, you might discover your fears are completely overblown.
  16. Hypnotix00 New Member

In the spirit of Bristlebane, can we unlock some non-traditional race class combos? Dark Elf Rangers, Barbarian Paladins, Gnome Shamans please!
  17. Protagonist Tank

I'm also super-surprised nobody is complaining that the XP rate will be lower than Aradune was.

I was wrong here. Misread.
  18. Protagonist Tank

Again, you're being disingenuous. We all know it's a dev team of 2, and both of them are responsible for emptying the trash cans at night before they leave. There is no reason to extend unearned trust when they're being this vague. "What are the basic details of this new mechanic" is not an unreasonable question before asking people to invest time in a new server. Quit simping for a corporation.
  19. Riou EQResource

It already is, they have an overflow server already that was made with Mischief
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You keep saying "disingenuous" like you just discovered it but haven't really understood how to use it.

not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
    "he was being somewhat disingenuous as well as cynical"

As someone smarter than me once put it:

'When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.'
    Sgt.Neo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.