For everyone wanting a new TLP - check the /calendar

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thrawnseg, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Typhus Lorekeeper

them surprising people and releasing it cuts down on all the massive ammount of people that plan to and take days off so they can be server firsts, this always bogs down the server and causes login issues because 1000s are trying to login at the same time. It has nothing to do with people playing or not people will play on the server just because it is new regardless it just doesnt allow for 1000s that planned for it.
  2. Machen New Member

When the queues are still required months after launch, a surprise launch date won't fix the problem. But even if it did, you are "solving" the problem by making it so less people can play, just in a different way than queues.
  3. Typhus Lorekeeper

how does releasing it early as a surprise make it that less people play? Please feel free to enlighten me. just because people don't take time off from work or planned to be on during the release day, does not seem like less will play.
  4. Typhus Lorekeeper

sorry read that wrong disregard last post.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

No matter what they do I'm predicting lots of salt
  6. Thez69 Elder

lol too true, I can already see the posts

"I guess I missed this one, dpg just lost a customer"

"whats the best 2 box if im starting 18 hours late?"
    Thewiz likes this.
  7. Typhus Lorekeeper

Good for those players complaining, they are probably the diehards anyways who take time off work and try to be server first 50s, most likely the main people bogging down the servers
  8. Machen New Member

And also the people who were here five years ago giving money to SoE/DBG/DPG, and will probably still be here five years from now doing the same.

Designing a launch around eliminating your most loyal customers sounds like a winning business strategy.

How about they try this radical notion instead? Instead of playing shenanigans, they release enough servers to meet demand when the time comes...
    Typhus likes this.
  9. TLP Addict Augur

Will the mad lad do it again?

10. Faydra Augur

The queues on Aradune were bad enough to make people quit, but a last minute launch will not draw as many people into the game. Need to strike a balance somehow.
  11. Triconix Augur

Is it really the most loyal when many race to 50 and just stop until the next TLP, most likely giving $0.00 to DPG between that time? Also, I bet a lot of those diehards who play hard in classic/kunark and stop don't pay a single penny out of pocket. Sure, they are indirectly giving DPG money, but if they didn't have the chance at krono farming, guaranteed many wouldn't be around.

I'm pretty sure the people who play year round are 100 times more loyal than any 1-50 racer (congrats on finishing less than half the levels and seeing .1% of EQ).
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Rcbauer Augur

It's ok. Some people like to game different than you. Don't have to be so grouchy all the time.
  13. Faydra Augur

Well, considering a lot of people buy the 40 slot bag packs, xp pots, store mounts, and the occasional race change, I'd say that's false. Most people use them in the guilds I've been in. Make no mistake, they wouldn't be churning out these servers annually if it didn't make them a lot of money.
  14. Haldi Elder

I am ready for the announcement so I can stock my 6 accounts with these bags
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I am totally ready for it. Haven't prepared at all. Don't care what the ruleset is. I will 100% be playing on day one, on the server I already play on, but not any of the new TLP's. Everybody else have fun though!
  16. Baldur Augur

17. Tweakfour17 Augur