For everyone wanting a new TLP - check the /calendar

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thrawnseg, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Stix Man Elder

If they are releasing a server that hits PoP by Feb of next year, i doubt it will be the only option. Probably another selos and another regular server.

Maybe split the difference on Selos and went with 2 months for the most part?

So, maybe 1 server is a selos classic/kunark start + 2 month expansions? and then a normal 3 month server for everyone else.

I can't see them skipping classic completely. They make too much money from the extra exp potions and race change potions. So, I could see 1 fast server again and 1 normal classic start 3 month etc. But, I find it hard to imagine them not having a classic start 3 month server as one of the options.
    Faydra likes this.
  2. Gnothappening Augur

Because for a lot of us EQ did the same thing as WoW. WoW was fun in the early days but as they made "quality of life" changes, the quality of life actually went down. Same thing happened to EQ. We can't get back all of the nostalgia, but we can get back a lot of it.
    Faydra likes this.
  3. Gnothappening Augur

More importantly, we don't know the ruleset. This could be another Selo OR it could be the dream server many have wished for. We don't know until they announce. We actually don't even know once they announce as we have had them change things before, remember Mangler was supposed to be 2x the exp of Coirnav or something?
  4. Faydra Augur

New server environments with packed zones are part of the fun too. Population always drops off over time, just part of the deal.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  5. Nolrog Augur

I am not sure what that server would be. Too many people have a different interpretation of "dream server". I personally think Phini was damn near perfect for me. I'm not sure how much I would want to change.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

or 2-month classic, starts on Wednesday as a Suprise from Bristlebane
    topple and Faydra like this.
  7. Faydra Augur

I'd hope we would at least get a month to form guilds and pre-plan hype, that's half the fun ;)
  8. jeskola pheerie

a surprise launch would bring a different dynamic to classic, though. Another thing a surprise launch would do is cut down on launch day server/login issues, which is enough reason alone to do it.
  9. Boze TLP complaint factory

Only thing that makes me a little dubious on it is you can usually see the strings for a new server in the patch data on EQ Resource. Nothing on there for a new server with the last patch.
  10. Faydra Augur

For anyone curious, current visibility through GoD in April 2022.
  11. topple good idea generator

OHHHHHH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN~

Let's hope this is happening. I'm putting in 18 weeks of vacation for it tomorrow.
  12. Faydra Augur

No kidding, looking forward to seeing some guilds start recruiting once the rule sets are announced!
  13. Savagebeast New Member

About time I was going to play on Aradune, now I will wait for these new servers
    Faydra likes this.
  14. Faydra Augur

Good choice, way better atmosphere in fully loaded newbie zones, always a good time.
  15. RABKkehhalla Elder

I wasn't going to spoil the surprise but it's a selos speed fv pvp server.
  16. Faydra Augur

Excellent, thanks Absor.
  17. RABKkehhalla Elder

You'll just have to experience plane of sky red
  18. Typhus Lorekeeper

This is the perfect idea cutting down on server issues, I actually never thought of that
  19. Machen New Member

It would also cut down on bag sales, a lot. Players who don't notice it until 24 hours after it launches will already bemoan being so far behind and at such a huge disadvantage, and start thinking about just waiting for the next one.
  20. Machen New Member

Server problems solved by less people wanting to play? I think we just found the reason Miragul exists...