beast performance on TLP

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by tyler, Apr 24, 2021.

1. tyler New Member

Hi there!

I currently box on rizlona where Pop is about to drop but im more concerned with the expansions that immediately follow POP because thats when ill be leveled.

my question is during LDoN and OoW, how are beastlords? have they gotten the combat skills and AA yet that help balance the class out?

furthermore, if i wanted to hunt tough named and grind AA during these eras, would the beastlord work as a tank for my group or will i need a plate tank here?
  2. Szilent Augur

Beastlords don't really come into their own for personal dps until Underfoot. At which point they have a rather substantial agro generation prob until tank AAs catch up across HoT & VoA, but that's better problem to have than being kinda bad. With additions of strong Adps, beastlords do all "stonks meme" from there. Only the smokescreen of overall game lag is protecting them from nerfs now in the Live game.

Beastlord warder is as strong as any other pet the whole way, and beastlord pet heal is extraordinary. So no promises on rolling every tough named, but if a pet can do it, the warder's in there.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Boze TLP complaint factory

I found it easier to facetank nameds in the 70s era, pet tanking avoidance/mitigation isn't great until TSS. If you're group geared you'll have a tough time, if you're raid geared you can do it well. DoN is when DPS take a nice boost (the growl line shows up, extra 20% melee and pet dps) and when I started being able to break into parse. You won't be real DPS until much later, ~85s. Raid-geared at 70 I could tank anguish minis and tacvi bosses on phinny. Also depends a lot on the rest of your group makeup.
    Szilent likes this.