Necro Remote Shere nerf

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Fcseven XIII, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

Was any reason given why it was butchered? This change is brutal. I was relying on it a lot going back for older expansion progression.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

"Remote Shere"? Could you elaborate?
  3. strongbus Augur

necros get a aura type dot. lets us place what looks like a skull head on the ground and anything getting range get hit. they nerfed the damage on them alot. the highest level one used to do bout 130ish k a tick now it dose bout 55k ish.
  4. Alchem The Judge Journeyman

Sounds like when they nerfed AE damage for BER.
  5. kizant Augur

Based on the change I would surmise that it did too much damage.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It's what happens when something is used in a way the developers have a real problem with & led to "unintended consequences" or "emergent gameplay" that they really did not want to allow to continue.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's great. My question was more along the lines of, what's it actually called? I ran some searches on ZAM and raidloot, and can't find anything called by that name.
  8. Volgare Journeyman

it's Remote Sphere of Withering, he just typo'd
    Tatanka and minimind like this.
  9. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

Yep. It was a typo.Thank god there are people out there that still point out spelling mistakes.
  10. seber Augur

it was pain in used any how .I don't see do much really to Nec Class
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I wasn't pointing out a spelling mistake. I honestly didn't know what he was talking about, and had run searches to answer my question first, to no avail.

Lighten up.
  12. Volgare Journeyman

I had a feeling this would get "adjusted" soon, but the severity is kinda harsh.
  13. Evurkvest Augur

This had to be done asap, its not like there is a dot revamp do finish and balance. /smack
    Maedhros likes this.
  14. kizant Augur

They balance classes based on all their abilities. It's all part of the same issue.
  15. Beergoggles Elder

Except the spell was not overpowered and did not need a nerf to begin with. Rk. III was 149k damage and the spell cannot crit. Before the dot update it was a very useful spell but was already falling far down the spell priority list after the update. This nerf makes it absolutely useless in any situation in current content. May as well just remove the ability if it is going to be nerfed this much. With 0 adps or burns going you already needed a minimum of 4 mobs for sphere to be worth casting over 4 other dots. Add any sort of burn or adps and that increased the number of mobs that would make it worth casting sphere, especially given the fact that sphere dmg cannot be modified by anything other than the rank of the spell. In its nerfed state it's not worth putting on spell bar unless clearing low level raids or farming low level zones for mats. Typically AE spells are used because they are more useful/efficient to use in multiple mob scenarios, but this already was becoming an issue with sphere's damage before the nerf. There was only one cov raid I was even bothering to use it on and even then it was only useful for a few waves of that fight. I just don't understand the logic in nerfing a spell that had almost no use in current content unless you were in a group that's pulling at least 4-5 mobs at a time to make the spell even viable.
    Marton, Mesil and Fcseven XIII like this.
  16. sauron3030 Elder

There was no logic in it. They merely had to meet their nerf quota, they spun the wheel and necro came up.
    mordsith and Thundersnake like this.
  17. Majin-ryokoryu Journeyman

oh please, it was never intended to be a main part of necro DPS, it was always meant to be a tool to farm lower leveled content. used to run this thing in grounds where I would gather the whole zone up with my SK and pull em all to the sphear and lol profit to PL people from 75-90 and FAST. to1 it's slower at doing the same thing and while it may have been an over-nerf poor wizards can't even hope to d the same thing and they SHOULD have had something as good or better as should mages have had. this made necros way better at AOE farming than either of those classes that had AOE spells way more effective than necros til EoK. Necro's should be hitting them over the head with pets not tanking named mobs effectively anymore.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. sauron3030 Elder

Well obviously the devs should have come to you first to find out what the intention for these spells should be.
  19. Igorath-Bertox Elder

They are changing the name of the class to "Nerfomancer" and wanted to get everyone comfortable with the change prior.
  20. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Source for that statement?