Great job to the Aradune community with SG bots

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Stix Man, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Gnothappening Augur

No I'm not new to TLPs. There are zero rules that say you have to move your toons around a lot. I am not arguing that the people doing aoe aren't playing six or more toons, because they are, I am saying that doesn't break the rules on any server other than Aradune. I would bet you money that every AoE group as at least one person sitting there playing. I'm more curious why you think playing a full group is against the rules on any server other than Aradune? The rules for truebox is that you have to have one computer per account. That is easily done with craigslist or facebook marketplace and the fact that EQ will run on a calculator.

I recall a guy who was being blasted on the forums for supposedly using virtualization software. The ended up posting a video of his setup. Dude had like 15 laptops sitting on a bookcase or something.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Recently or like 15 years ago? If it was 15 years ago it was Sam Deathwalker. He was horribly inefficient but he made news for the time. He also made news in all the wrong ways but that's another story.
  3. Gnothappening Augur

Lol not Sam. I do remember him. He also used towers. Full towers with CRT monitors if I remember correctly. No, this guy was on Mangler during the early days. He would AOE in Seb and someone posted a video saying he was botting. We had botters, but they didn't AOE. Botters just set up in a camp and farm it 24/7.
    Stymie and Accipiter like this.
  4. brickz Augur

this whole post is a disaster but I can't imagine the level of ignorance required to think that this would do anything at all against people botting.
  5. Rhythar Augur

12 SG botter characters are in The Nexus right now, and there's more in other zones. GMs can you please finish enforcing the rules?
  6. Rhythar Augur

Geez, it's worse than I thought. There's at least 27 characters in The Nexus right now controlled by just 2 players. GMs please come clean house!
  7. EQStoptheH8 New Member

You guys would have so much more fun if you weren’t concentrating on the bots in SG 24/7. They literally are in a corner by themselves not effecting anyone’s game play. No one cares about the krono from deep water inks. You weren’t farming them anyways. Y’all are obsessed and it’s quite sad.
  8. Rhythar Augur

I signed up for Aradune because of the 2-box limit, and there are people breaking this rule wherever I go. It's not just Siren's Grotto. It's nearly every town and dungeon and The Nexus. I'm posting about this here because it's appalling that the GMs still haven't stopped the most well-known, high-profile cheaters.
  9. Faydra Augur

Won't matter here as soon as the next TLP is announced, half the server will disappear overnight.
  10. Rhythar Augur

I haven't been to Siren's Grotto in months. I just checked, and 6 picks are being auto farmed by 88 characters controlled by one player.
  11. TLP Addict Augur

Good to know if I ever need to go to WW or beyond I can still pick across SG
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Hope you guys are ready for the Mischief SG Farmers, go wave at them by the Commonlands soulbinder any time of day since they haven't logged off ever outside of patch days even with afk kick on.
  13. Kahna Augur

I have no doubt they will be there, because they don't know how to do anything else, but is it even going to be worth it for them on Mischief? Or have an impact on items/prices/gameplay in any significant manner. Velks will also be dropping all of that stuff, including the inks. Who really cares if a bunch of dudes sit in SG farming gear for an already gear flooded server.
  14. Stix Man Elder

Those bots probably bring more platinum into the economy than the rest of the server combined. Which is pretty crazy to think about.

That is not healthy that 1 or 2 people are able to automate a platinum making scheme that produces more platinum than the rest of the server combined all together.

If they are still doing SG on Aradune, they will love Mischief because Mischief krono is... half of Aradune? Or something close to that?
  15. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

Considering a plat dupe introduced 500+ million plat into mischief does plat even matter now?
  16. Stix Man Elder

Can you still buy krono with platinum? If the answer is yes, then, the answer is yes. I don't farm plat and buy up krono so I have no clue how hard it is to buy krono. But, I do know that creating more plat than the rest of the server combined, is not healthy and if there are krono for sale, these guys will be buying most of it and will overpay if they have to. Which, ultimately, is extremely bad for any person that is trying to purchase krono with their platinum.
  17. Mithra Augur

Can buy krono at 15k plat very easy currently. Been that way for about 2 weeks now.
  18. Rhythar Augur

Right now the actual farming characters are gone, and there are 54 level 1s keeping the picks open. 54 accounts just to keep picks open.