Test Update 04/13/21 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

What "raid cheese"? I haven't noticed anything wrong? :confused:
  2. Coagagin Guild house cat

Beams are already limited to 12, Rains 5.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Rains are limited by hits and waves not targets and it is 4 not 5. A rain can hit 4 targets on the first wave meaning the other two hit nothing or it can hit a combination of 4 targets over 3 waves. Another thing to note is that hitting the caster counts as well.

Sure some AE's are limited to the number of targets/hits they can do but that is based on the type and goal of the AE. Would an AE crowd control spell cause problems if it was limited to a number of targets that can't be easily controlled? If you have multiple casters and they end up hitting the same targets with the limited AE? An example of this could be the various AE rain heals none of which have a target/hit limitation which is likely due to the nature that having a limited number of targets would impact the usability of the spell.
  4. Coagagin Guild house cat

Just trying to keep it simple not write a novella on the subject Waring. I have a tendency to deep dive a little too much, myself, particularly with exceptions to the rule.
  5. Silu Elder

Each cast of Remote Sphere of Withering rk 3 currently does 149,007 damage (resistable: disease -75, but doesn't crit/focus) every 3 seconds on all targets in range for 30s. That's 49,669 DPS per target for the duration. The revised spell will do about 20k DPS per target at rk 3, for a loss of 30k DPS per target.

Assuming we're looking for no net impact on total raid DPS (since guilds outside of the top 10 are still struggling with Defenders), and just fixing some issue on TLPs, how much would mage Beam or wizard AE (I have no idea which wiz AE is best/actually utilized) spell base damage need to come up to replace this? Defenders has about a max of 12 active targets between drakes and dragons. Tantor is more like 5. Of note, raid teams don't usually run more than 2 or max 3 necros due to debuff caps, so that is the total net replacement you'd be looking to get across probably 4-5 mage/wizards. I'd push for it to go to wizards just given where they are currently.
  6. Ruination Elder

slant is a faster cast time vs skew
  7. Ruination Elder

I'm against it, and I'm not in any hardcore guild whatsoever.

If you remove all competition from the game you turn it into one of the various other MMOs currently out that you, nor I play.

Leave some competition in the game please.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

With a 12 second recast, does that even matter?

EDIT: Also, there is no stun capability for the 55-60 mobs until you hit color cloud, which works on mobs up to 65. Since there is only one stun now at a time, it wouldn't hurt to bump the level 52 stun up to work on level 60 mobs.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The Devs don't get enough praise for the "little things". Thanks for adding Ratio to the item window, very nice update.
    CrazyLarth, Niskin and RPoo like this.
  10. MussoliniX New Member

Can we make all Paladin stun timers on the same timer also please? Obviously no one needs to be casting more than 1 stun on a different timer.
  11. Warpeace Augur

How cute your first post and asking to NERF Paladin's.
  12. KrakenReality Augur

Hard to give props for things that don't work properly.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Almost all paladins stun lines share a timer (since like level 65), so take your whining elsewhere.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Angahran Augur

No mention of any changes to message filtering.
    Herf likes this.
  15. Herf Augur

Yeah we saw this first time today in a raid. Made the rangers all think they were missing because hits aren't filtered the way they were before. Also apparently other filters are changed; pit hits for sure, possibly other things.
  16. Zinth Augur

uhm no they aren't we got atleast 3 different times... too lazy to login and check if we got more right now.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Do Paladins have AE stuns? If anything I would guess the difference in shared timers is limited to AE stuns and having multiple single target stuns on different timers is not seen as an issue.
  18. Warpeace Augur

No AE stun for Paladin.
  19. Zinth Augur

no AE stuns no, but different timers and plenty stun spells
  20. Warpeace Augur

Why dont you just go start a snivel thread asking to nerf Paladin stuns. Have at it.