Plane of Tranquility Port loc

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wyre Wintermute, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

This is an awful awful location. I understand not giving the spell any extra "bonus" as far as using it vs the PoK stone but....

It should not port _AT_ the PoK stone. Literally 50m or 100m off that point would have been more ideal, or just outside the doorway.. or one of the "unused" buildings in that area.

As is, if people use the PoK => PofTranq stone, they get to load into groups of AFK people who've ported there.
  2. Herf Augur

awful++;

Yep, it's literally right next to the PoK book in PoTranq. Someplace further down the beach towards the Time dial would be much better. Either at the time Dial or near the Innovation windmill. One of those locations would make it much, much more useful.

Perhaps they can move it in the next patch.
    Bolo likes this.
  3. FrozenWater Augur

Outside the Innovation Windmill would be better, no? It's out of the way but still not too far to run to most places.
    Herf and Bolo like this.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I don't think they wanted to give the spell an "advantage" by having it port to a more opportune location in Tranquility. I don't mind it being near the PoK book cluster of buildings... or even the same building.... but not at the PoK book click in spot.
    Fanra and Jennre like this.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I must admit, I don't see the problem? Why is it bad that the destination is at the pok zone-in? :confused:
    Bigstomp and Yinla like this.
  6. Zamiam Augur

which spell or clicky are we referring to that ports to the pok book in PoT ?
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Making this an expendable, 1 use item is the real mistake. If you made it have to use Quintessence of Knowledge each use and sold an unlimited charge item with the standard 1 hr cooldown, you'd have nabbed ($10, $15?) sales on TLP and Live. Dark Paw's cash shop choices are odd sometimes.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The patch introduced a new wizard/druid gate/port/tlc to plane of tranquility. I must admit, I only checked the wizard port, no clue if the druids spells takes you somewhere else?

There is also a singlecharge marketplace clicky that takes you there(I think), never looked into that...
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is mainly for the TLP servers on launch day to get them all in to PoTranquility which has /pick so they don't all get stuck in PoKnowledge which doesn't.

The way they have done it will still mean non porting classes will want to do the port quest to PoKnowledge.

How many people on live will bother with a market place clicky to PoTranq when you can get a port clicky to PoKnoweldge for next to no effort from the anniversary quests? I know I certainly won't and I'm not that bothered getting a port to PoTranq on my wizzy as I don't think she will ever use it.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I bought the spells on my wizard.
    The way I see it, It might help me get around faster in 1 less zoning, and Im fine with that. Every port spell is situational anyway, but Im not picky. :)

Regarding the marketplace clicky, I also think it is a kinda cheap move from DBG, as it is a solution to a problem THEY haven't fixed. :rolleyes: I would have suggested something like 50 charges on the clicky and improved it so it could also TLC your target too(or a full group). It would still not make the quested clicky obsolete in the long term, as it has limited charges.

The optimal solution would be to code the game to handle high loads in a more robust manner, but that is probably hard...:p
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

The problem is just as I stated int he original post:
    You ALL know it is going to be like that. You've all been to PoK and seen the groups of AFK toons at the PoK port-in spot.

I'm not advocating for the port to be changed to be closer to the more popular PoP zones. Just not AT the PoK=>Tranq click in loc. People are going to do the same as PoK and just hit grp port and AFK their toons there, causing huge load/lag issues for others just trying to click in/out of PoK.
  12. Rolaque Ancient

Druid versions go to the PoK book in Tranquility.
    These ports are the latest instance of catering to lazy players, who can't figure out, or don't want to be bothered with, running through a zone to get to where ever they want to be.
  13. KrakenReality Augur

Huh?
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It's not about lazy players, it's about opening day of PoP on TLP's. They can't make pick zones for PoK and the masses trying to go there causes portal stones and other things to break. This is so people can skip past that and get to zones where they can exp.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is about being able to get into the zone. From what I have read in the TLP section in the past people have had trouble zoning into PoK and some have even attempted to block the PoT stone with large characters making it hard to get into the zone.
  16. Herf Augur

I have it on Agnarr, far from opening day, and it would be very useful on raid days to port people from, anywhere, but particularly PoK -- IF...it put people closer to likely raid targets. I.e. near the windmill, or the cave to Plane of Storms, or by the Time dial.

Ports are supposed to get people around conveniently. This is not particularly convenient or useful is all I'm saying.

"What about if the port-ee was on the other side of the planet?" say you? In that case the already existing port to PoK would be same same as the new port to PoTranq.

No biggy either way, but as it stands not there's little utility to it. The one time use port incense is of significantly more use since it allows ports from anywhere to PoTranq, and people can then just zone over to PoK, so it's almost a PoK port potion.
  17. Rolaque Ancient

Ahhhh, I understand now. If you have to get there as quickly as possible, and the old system slows or breaks, then you have these new ports and Essences for PoT access. Somewhat reminds me of the old days, being paid plats for SoW buffs in West Freeport for the run across Antonica.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It is comparable to when the boats broke, so we now have translocators on the docks. It only really effects TLPs when they hit PoP for the first few weeks/months.
    Niskin likes this.
  19. FrozenWater Augur

Next time I suggest starting with the understanding part. It's completely ok to ask why, some might even say admirable, instead of just jumping head first into ...

20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The more I think about it, the more I think that 10 of those single-charge clickies should be on /claim for every char on appropriate TLP-servers. Having to pay real dbc for necessary ports is kinda greedy on DBG's behalf.

I assume that after the first few days, pok works as intended again?