No downtime appreciation bonuses?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Calia, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Coagagin Guild house cat

If this reconfiguration supporting EQ does anything to stabilize the game in a meaningful and positive way I will consider the move to be the biggest bonus ever granted to the player base.

Hopefully, in a few days to a week we will be able to look back with a sigh of relief and thank DBG for the downtime. If not then you can complain about it. Me? I have my hopes up.

- Coag
    Nennius and Elyssanda like this.
  2. Kase Augur

Giving bonuses vs giving refunds for the time lost (albeit hard to do, and only a few cents, but adds up for entire game base)...which one would cause a greater sense of priority to get the underlying issues fixed or at least prioritize them to keep the game up and running? BTW I know it would never happen, but point being, giving us bonuses won't cause any greater sense of urgency to fix the issues, or at least history shows this.
  3. Coagagin Guild house cat

My comment above is a bit speculative but stands that if this reconfig solves any problems, I will consider it more worthwhile any any experience bonus.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

DW: The bunnies are angry, angry I tell you! What do you want me to tell them?
    Bosses: We're discussing it but just tell them we don't have plans at this time.
    DW: Check
    Fenthen, Gyurika Godofwar and Kase like this.
  5. Leigo You come here often?

I vote bonus everything starting 4/20 12AM - 04/21 12PM.
  6. Kiaro Augur

Funny enough, forgotten DNF $5.00 reservations paid for my 3 copies of Planes of Power yay vaporware.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. SunDrake Augur

Dreamweaver has stated that this system maintenance is across all titles. They are doing absolutely nothing that they expect to improve or stabilize anything. Don't get your hopes up.. they aren't addressing what it is you think they are. Just mentioning that in case you hadn't seen it.
    Fenthen, Gyurika Godofwar and Dythan like this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

9. Kiaro Augur

pretty sure they don't want to make any promises as every time they do, it bites them in the rear.
    It might help with stabilization to have the servers hosted in a platform that gives a crap, and doesn't want to sacrifice quality to save a few bucks...then again it may get worse, which at that point, the game becomes unplayable and no longer profitable and their parent co just pooped $300M down the drain.
  10. Coagagin Guild house cat

Well, 36 and 72 hours indicates a "forklift" type of operation as router convergence takes 36-72 hours to reform paths to the target. We know the old pathing as it has been for years in the same place. All the techs will do is watch the path and the timeouts between hops to tell what is really happened.

Sorry, non-technical people this is a technical move or upgrade either way. Denying it or adding more ad hominem attacks to posters won't help your credibility or your argument(s).

- Coag
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

I'm am 102% certain this is how all conversations go up there.
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

Thing about asking for bonus XP for downtime, is that bonus XP has no way to negatively affect business. They wont lose revenue because of it and there are no meaningful costs to give it. I can't see a reason to not have a blanket policy to have 12 hours of 50% bonus XP/rares for every 24 hours the servers are down. Subscribers get less play time, so making their play time more efficient is reasonable. It's a great way to increase subscription value to offset a loss in subscription value.
  13. Kiaro Augur

Outside of selling less XP potions, sure.
    Jennre likes this.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

I doubt they are selling many XP potions these days. Live folks have already maxed everything and TLPs are all past the point where people use many potions. Maybe to grind AAs in Luclin?

Edit: By "these days" I mean literally April of 2021. They always sell a ton (I assume) on new TLP launches.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

16. Kiaro Augur

Folks tend to chug em like water on new Xpac launches, I know that for PoP and OoW launches on Phinigel we were drinking them like water.
  17. Vumad Cape Wearer

LOL. Okay.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

I see, though I'm not sure why, exactly. Generally you can gain 5 levels on new expac release in a week or less. I guess if you are racing to beat the expansion's raids.
    Jennre and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  19. seber Augur

maybe be up by Monday lol....
  20. Solanli Journeyman

This whole should have / shouldn't have bonus exp due to the downtime is silly.

If your account is gold, you should have a bonus of some kind. When my internet goes out for more than an hour, the internet company credits my account back at a pro-rated amount. Same with my cable TV. Right now, several of us are paying for a game we cannot access. We should be either pro-rated a refund for the multiple days of downtime ... or a bonus should be given out. I could careless which is offered.