Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

On Lore Group and Lore Equipped Group items, please list the other items in the group on each item.

For example, if you looted Planetary Dagger Medallion, you would discover that it says, "Lore Equipped Group: Lesser Burning Lands Brains or Brawn". So you tell me, what other items are in that group?

The answer, as far as I can tell, is Blue Sky. At least, that is one of them. Are there more? I have no idea.

And how did I find out Blue Sky? I had to look up what mob drops Planetary Dagger Medallion and then discovered they also drop Blue Sky. But that still didn't tell me the answer. It just so happens that I have Blue Sky, so I was able to see that, yes, it does say, "Lore Equipped Group: Lesser Burning Lands Brains or Brawn".

So, how about instead of just putting, "Lore Equipped Group: Lesser Burning Lands Brains or Brawn", you also list the items in the group?

If you don't want the list on the main item tab for space/appearance reasons, you can put it in the Lore tab.

Thank you.
    Kelset, Rondor, Weetea and 11 others like this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Lore groups are just bad design. Why would a melee ever wear a caster aug? Or a caster wear a melee aug? Just keep it the same as you always have - limit by Usable: Class.

Get rid of lore groups is the best answer. ;)
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because the stats on the melee aug are better for the class? There are lots of people who prefer the "melee" augs that focus on HSTA and other stats over HINT/HWIS because it gives them more survivability.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Evurkvest Augur

Remove lore grps. To let ppl wear two more aug isnt going to change anything. Just annoying as it is now.
    Fenthen, Barraind and Fanra like this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Id wear the pulsating axehead fragment for sure if it wasnt group lore.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I am guessing this is the purpose of lore groups. They can make multiple augs that are all more powerful because they know a player has to make a choice and only get one. Without lore groups they would have to balance against the entire set which could reduce the power of the individual augs.
    Duder, Yinla and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I just wish all Lore Groups were instead Lore Equipped Groups.

It would be cool to be able to obtain multiple items from a lore group but then be able to swap them in and out, only ever having one equipped simultaneously.
  8. Cicelee Augur

If every player on a raid was able to equip two lore group augments, the raid would immediately be successful. It could be Mearatas or it could be Velketor or it could be Aaryonar. Does not matter. That is why there needs to be lore group augments, because they are so insanely powerful they become insta win if you can use both.

Conversely, if a player in the solo/group game was able to equip both lore group augments at the same time, then they could solo any named and any mission in the game. Do we really want a rogue soloing Aary mission or Crusaders or Vulak because s/he has both lore group augments equipped? Think of the game imbalance!
    Fenthen and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I need your satire in my life! This made me smile :)
  10. Evurkvest Augur

This years anniversary augs pretty much broke EQ. Pls put the same lore grp on them to rebalance the game.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Tevik Augur

I've been wanting this for a while. The name of the lore group should be a link that opens up a list of all the items in that lore group. That, or list them out on the Lore tab for the item.