3 days down??????

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Indeed. The Gimme Gimme Gimme crew is in full strength in this thread.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

There’s nothing wrong with asking for bonus xp or bonus named. It seems to be a relatively simple mechanism to turn on. It could be 25% over a week.

Bonus xp or bonus named would be analogous to an airline giving a meal voucher for a late or cancelled flight. Nothing crazy good but a gesture of goodwill.
    Fenthen, Niskin, Windance and 3 others like this.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

The crack addicts are angry when their dealer has to get their drug delivery vehicle repaired.

The EQ meth heads in this thread will rub the lotion on their skin or they will get the hose...you will have to deal with the 36 hour withdrawal symptoms. I suggest going outside and breathing fresh air (awful I know) and spending time cleaning your keyboard of cheetohs & spilled mountain dew stains.
  4. Mikana Augur

If that isn't satire, I'm not sure what to say...
    Tatanka likes this.
  5. Mikana Augur

"Outside", you say? What's the ZEM in that zone? I heard the respawn rate was awful... ;)
    SmellyFinger and Herf like this.
  6. feeltheburn Augur

so many worried bout downtime...get over it and move on....gotta work on things keep it running...same people the ones that wait 50000 miles before changing their oil and then wonder why their engine took a dirt nap? my complaint here would be with all that kinda time to take em all down...why not fix the issues that are there IE the lag? that sorta thing
  7. Windance Augur

We have several newly returning players who started heroic characters. Giving us a another XP boost to get them raid ready would be nice.

If after the patch they come back and say here is another 22% for a week ... just because we want to you to celebrate the 22nd year with us! ...

That way they don't set a bad precedent of compensation for downtime.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm hoping that might be a side effect of changing back end stuffs. :)
    feeltheburn likes this.
  9. feeltheburn Augur

we can hope Yin
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Dreamweaver said no to that question in a different thread.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Nennius likes this.
  13. Chorus Augur

This type of migration is invisible in 2021,I do it for a living. However, it requires the hardware of the source data to not be 8+ years behind the curve, which it clearly is in this scenario. If they hadn't specifically mentioned migration, I would have thought it was an environmental upgrade in the DC itself with this much downtime.
  14. Coagagin Guild house cat

Ummm... we call it co-existence when we migrate billion dollar systems with no interruption. Not that I am expecting DBG to be doing something quite so complex but co-existence is certainly achievable.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Fenthen and Nennius like this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

So, what's the over/under line on the great migration? And the predicted survivability rate as well?

To start things off I'll take plus/minus six hours.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  16. Cicelee Augur

The Great Migration will result in the following-

1. It will last four hours longer than expected
    2. It will break at least one thing, resulting in an emergency patch of at least 3 hours within 48 hours upon servers being up
    3. It will create at least six threads from New Member accounts complaining that they cannot log into the game
    4. It will create at least one thread that starts on 4-20 that will reach at least six pages in length and contain at least 25 newly created accounts whose first post is on that thread
    5. It will cause a dozen players to rage quit since they cannot play for 36 hours. 11 of them will return to the game within seven days.
  17. Captain Video Augur

At least six EQ1 players will login post-migration and find their toon is on a DCUO server, and that T3 CoV group gear is no match for any superhero with flying powers.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure it is possible but not always. Even your billion dollar systems can have downtime for migrations depending on what work is being done. Considering that Daybreak is hosted from a single datacenter without being designed for high availability I wouldn't expect the same from them. Afterall is it really a system that needs the extra complexity and expense of making it available at all times? And besides we don't know what is happening and it is taking down everything not just EQ.
  19. Ecidew Journeyman

DB Migration Plan:

1. 6. Tease Hamsters out of Cages with Cheese dog food Cat food Mixed seeds and Nuts ..

2. 7. Put Mini saddles, knee pads back pack frames on hamsters ..

3. 4. 5 . 3. Pull servers out of racks ..

3. 4. 2. Power off servers ..

3. 1. Shout Shut down servers

8. Beer Break .. We have two more days to figure it out ..
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Owl56 Elder

The graphics are amazing but the NPCs are idiots.