Swarm pets - get lost ability please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hadagal, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Petalonyx Augur

I could get behind /swarm get lost.

Certainly, that would help folks when trying to pull, and raids when they need to get past a lag-sensitive phase.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As I understand it the issue for mages isn't just what their swarm pets do dps wise but the the fact that they have abilities that get better as there are more pets in general in use. So if the number of swarm pets is reduced the power of those abilities takes a hit. Though I do think that could be fixed by rebalancing those abilities to account for a lower number of pets.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Sancus Augur

In practice, a command to dismiss swarm pets will be abused by the same uninformed raid leaders that try to get Mages to stop using them. Either /pet swam back should be implemented or it should be left as is. There are no ToV or CoV events where swarms actually cause issues that can't easily be corrected via /pet swarm.

As far as reducing the number of swarm pets, reducing the quantity of swarm pets summoned by AAs makes a lot of sense. Adjusting Riotous Servant pets would fundamentally change Mages in a way that can't simply be made up for by turning some tuning knobs. To the extent swarms cause an issue, it's almost undoubtedly the hundreds that can be spawned during a burn period across the raid, rather than the 3 Mages can maintain via RS.

Any change to the quantity of swarm pets has to take into account our significant dependence on the Of Many line, and it's tiring to see people whose DPS is not dependent on swarm quantity acting like it's not an issue.
    Zynt and Kuvani like this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

My bard has 4 abilities/clickies for swarm pets. Omg, nerf bards already!
    The fundamental problem with raid lag is NOT swarm pets, but they certainly aren't helping any. As someone above said, they're the cherry on top of a pile of other issues that exist even without pets being summoned.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Love this idea, the number of times I've seen swarm pets on mobs they shouldn't be on. I'd much prefer this than having the raid leader put a ban on all pets because 1 or 2 cannot get their /assist sorted.

There are times on a lot of raids where you want to hold DPS back a bit so you don't hit the next phase of the event too early. We have had pets on the named stopping mobs coming back to the raid due to swarm pets, EW1 (TOV) and Klandicars giants and dofs these are the 2 that stick out in my mind more than any others.
  6. Cicelee Augur

Ten thousand percent against any adjustment of any increase to the recast time of RS. There is much more to the game than just raids, and obviously you do not play a magician since you seem to be oblivious as to what lengthening the recast time of RS would do in the group game.
  7. Cicelee Augur

I apologize if this comes across harsh. But maybe those 1 or 2 need to do a better job of getting their /assist sorted? There are many guilds, and pet owners, who do not have these issues. Maybe those 1 or 2 should be told not to use swarms until they can control all their pets on a consistent basis. Teaching and helping those in need seems like a better solution than mass game changes...
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

I do play a magician but I said I don't understand the class as well as my main. Keep in mind it was just an example I was trying to use of an area that maybe increasing DPS and adjusting back the cast timer could balance the amount of server load. I do understand that RS is used for things like off-tanking, but as an ENC main that either boxes a mage or mains the mage to group with my CC team, I tend to not use this feature of RS as often as a lot of other mages would.

Please remember that I have said numerous times that mages should still have swarm pets, as should BST and NEC, but to a lesser extent than mages. I realize that RS is probably not the best place for the adjustments so it's probably not the best example. A better example would be that my ENC spire ability that spawns 3 dopplegangers that all attack the same mob. There's no reason for there to be 3 instead of 1.
  9. Shakara Augur

I am in favor of just getting rid of swarm pets for all but Nec, Mage. I think every other class can have more interesting abilities and just rebalances the mage stuff accordingly.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

They should just fix the darn lag so we can use all the abilities our collective damage is balanced around.
  11. seber Augur

/hide swarm pets be nice lol..
  12. libre New Member

I would be okay with this as long as we could keep our RS pet. Those are extremely useful for not just dps but also building agro and even off tanking adds.
    The other swarm pets I only use on named fights usually. Them running off and agroing stuff that I pull hinders my kill rate more than it helps.
  13. RPoo Augur

Make all pets shadowmen like chanter shiney bobs
  14. Cuuthbert Augur

Couple of things that are interesting in this thread, but what was completely ignored from my perspective....
    Swarm pet issues.... Many pet classes plain suck at changing the swarm pets target plain and simple. So Tantor has runs off and and there are 2 bunnies up to kill but every jack wagon swarm pet is chasing Tantor. That is not a pet problem it is the useless player controlling the pet. This is not just mages it is everyone throwing out their swarms and they are to stupid or to lazy to add a /pet swarm and a /pet attack to their assist key. So now Tantor's agro is jumping all over the place. Or told to get the Damage off the boss and there are adds up but low and behold every jack wagon swarm is still on Klandicar instead of on the Guardians. (NO ROGUE PET SHOULD BE USED EVER - They are pure and turn the mob into the raid so they can eat rampage)

Yes I get that when some add dies and some mob casts an AE all the swarms are going to it and I understand that mages need it for the Many line for their DPS and I want the mages to have their dps.

So maybe educate lazy players who cannot write a proper assist key and people would be more forgiving of they pet classes
  15. Plat New Member

Or just allow swarm pets to follow commands (hold, back off, etc). A kill command for them is a bit extreme
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel likes this.
  16. Jennre Band Leader

Nooo, dont take my little buddies away. They taunt stuff off me so I can have enough time to hit Blood drinker's Coating and swap to taps.
  17. Jennre Band Leader

Multi-Charm for Enchanters please.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

I'd settle for the Color Stun line of spells being on separate timers. ;)