EverQuest Lore Feedback - We need your help!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pip, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Beggly Augur

There are all these corridors leading to nothing in the various zones of the game. What I'd like to see is them leading to something, even if it's an instance. I'd also like to see content that is playable at all levels developed for this content. I'd also like to see you remove the limitation on Ldons so far as number of players. I know you can do the level scaling because it works in Ldon. You should be able to add an NPC to the Ldon dungeons which can be "joined" to an existing group who would make up the third party lower limitation for joining an Ldon. I really loved the look and atmosphere of the Ldons, but have not been able to join one (lack of sufficient group size and I don't like to box).
  2. Jyve Augur

Ykesha war was my personal fav.
    Logging on as much as possible, checking the serverwide.war channel for updates.
    Seeing armies slowly moving across zones every few days. It made Norrath feel alive in a way that doesn't usually happen ("there's a war in another plane/continent, we're all fine here").

Being able to do stuff to trigger mobs in the free for alls that kicked off, so no matter what gear level you were, you could get involved in some manner, even if it was feeding weapons to some NPC.
    -----Cinexa----- and Skuz like this.
  3. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Other random observations:

-Bazaar Arena

-Chessboards around Norrath (Butcherblock, Timorous Deep). Lore related to 'The Grandmaster' in the Plane of War?

-Abandoned Druid rings:
    • Ocean of Tears
    • Timorous Deep
    • East Commonlands
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. -----Cinexa----- Elder

Moar Mayong please =)
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

This is why there is generally a group version of the raid, though there isn't a group mission for *every* raid.
    Szilent and Jyve like this.
  6. Cadira Augur

We need to go to Drinal.
  7. Cidran Augur

This thread was one of the most satisfactory reads ever. It's amazing to see so much people passionate about EQ's lore.

Very hard to give a suggestion since there already are so many great ideas here. Personally, I feel Solusek Ro is the coolest deity of Norrath's pantheon, anything involving him would be awesome!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

What happened to Erollisi Marr?
    Prexus has been pretty silent as well apart from being sorta wrathful.
    How do some planes (and even some sub-planes) end up with ties to Tranquility (and some with Knowledge), but we're missing those two?

Did the plane of serenity get destroyed with the creation of the hand of serenity?

How did Arlyxir go from being capable of teaching SolRo to open rifts in the heavens and being possibly the third most powerful being in those planes to being a throwaway miniboss.

How did Bertoxx usurp Xul’Varien?

Are the Triumverate of Water ... doing anything? We saw manifestations of the other elemental gods, but for water, we just got Coirnav. Tarew would certainly have some ties with his kids at least?

Whats going on with the Drinal, the diety and the moon both? We know one of those is still around, we can still see it out there. Drinal's other half Ehayae?

Vazaelle?

So many minor gods, so little about them.

This please.

Having to use 3 or 4 different sites to try and remember wtf happened in some zone or another 15 years ago is a mess, and woefully incomplete.
  9. Trelania New Member

So many people disliked the Drakkins but I really thought they were cool. An updated Breath questline would be neat. I only leveled my Drakkin Ranger to 40 something but I'd heroic him in a heartbeat if the Drakkin storyline was expanded upon.

TSS was my favorite expansion.
    Elyssanda and FawnTemplar like this.
  10. Pensatia New Member

The lore around Harbinger Glask was my favorite, and the Tower of Death in Cabilis. I also seem to remember some note in the Cabilis Examiner from the town crier about how Cabilis is flooding, and I'd love to see that progress more. Cities (FV, frog town) have changed over time and have their own politics/dynamics, it would be interesting to see something dynamic that way.

I'd like to see a more formalized system for player submitted quests.
  11. aradune.sleepwalk New Member

I always felt that the epics should be the original icons for your class, make them something that levels up or collects power based on total kills if its a weapon. If its an armor make it based on total blows. Warriors. The paladin getting its winged helmet, the ranger getting its epic bow (Like how the hell did we NEVER get an epic bow) a blinking arrow ability would be awesome. But as far as lore the most interesting lack of lore is explaining the mystery behind the druid rings and the wizard platforms. Like most druid rings are surrounded by undead and no one can port to them. Yet things like the tolans bp ports you to greater faydark. Now if you are talking just storyline then you should hire me I have years and years of nerd fiction I wrote. Bringing back the original iksar emperor and starting a iksar master race war would be interesting. Also something that would unite all of the factions would be interesting. The only thing that would be an ideal threat in that category is the son of flippy darkpaw and the revenge he must seek against the gods for making his father live the same death for all eternity. For what do you ask? you tell me! Another awesome idea would be unfreezing the goblin king from permafrost.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

As casters they were passable as melee their animations just looked all wrong to me, very stilted lacking any sense of flow/fluidity, their postures & stances looked awkward, off-balanced & clumsy and it's almost like they all had arthritis or something they were so stiff & herky-jerky.
  13. Szilent Augur

Rangers weren't Archers, outside the duration of Pureshot, until the 22nd EQ expansion EoK. Rangers as built were novels' Aragorn, not movies' Legolas. The ranger epic bow was voted off the island ~unanimously in Omens beta, because it would have been dumb & not benefited the class. This was its graphic, it's since been released as an ornamentation:

[IMG]

here it is grouped with the other epics' concept art, it's #4 across the top:

[IMG]

so "how the hell" is via the Omens dev team listening to good players who gave good feedback.
    Skuz, Gyurika Godofwar and WeezFv like this.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Paladin epic only one not in those pictures! Shenanigans!
  15. Zinth Augur

and it totally lacked flames and long duration useability like shammy pally cleric etc. epics... but it still felt good the day I got my pally 2.5 :D
  16. Szilent Augur

If you're not still clicking your NIghtbane in rotation with AotI & Spire, that's you slippin', not the epic losing power.
  17. Thundersnake Elder

I'd like to take a step way back and revisit some of the Pre Kunark lore regarding the Chelsith Stone. There was some extremely in depth theory crafting about it back in the day apparently. This video has some good information about it, There doesn't seem to be any actual content related to this symbol in EQ1 but there is in EQ2. Apparently it was an ancient calendar made by the Iksar race.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  18. Nobildus Journeyman

Hope I'm not too late to post.

There are already a few ideas I agree with in this post so +1 to them, an example being;
    -Chessboards around Norrath (Butcherblock, Timorous Deep).

I was never a huge fan of SoL expansion or its lore so a -1 to any shissar stuff.

I do think there is a lot missing from the original EQ lore, a little Ruins of Kunark, too that could be expanded upon. I'd really love to learn more about the original cities and their factions. Someone mentioned Knights of Truth and Freeport Militia conflict, that was really something I felt was epic back around 2000. Ending up with a flaming sword and all that, how awesome seeing that as a newbie. Someone also mentioned the Greenmist, fun weapon quest line too, I'd love to see more stories about ancient weapons or armor/relics too. What about factions like the Steel Warriors (Cain Darkmore) or League of Antonican Bards, they all played a big, atmospheric role while leveling up as well as the cities themselves. The histories of the cities, were Qeynos and Freeport always cordial to each other? What about Highpass Hold and High Keep? The Centaurs and Aviak villages of South Karana? Lots of opportunities to learn more.

Imagine if only original EQ and Kunark had come out. What other stories could be told about the lore? Imagine if the avatars or lower ranked servants of the deities were the end game bosses, hell, even something about Lord Shin Ree, from the Orc Camp 1 has no lore to him. The possibilities are endless I think.

*Spectre tower in Oasis of Marr, Cazel, orc highway(where are they going? a deathfist city?empire?)*
  19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

FFS NO more Kunark or Velious. :(:mad::(
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  20. radclifc Journeyman