Test Update 04/13/21 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 13, 2021.

1. kizant Augur

Do you have any parses to help explain this? When I look at a raid with mobs to AE like Tantor it sure looks like it would still be worth using.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe I am misunderstanding the spell but isn't it an aura that does AE DD damage? What would you replace it with? Why wouldn't it still be worth casting for the extra dps?
  3. Triconix Augur

It's very possible to beat it. I've done it quite a few times without a necro. It's a pain in the you-know-what and may take a couple attempts, but it's definitely doable. However, it does take a considerable amount of time depending on how risky you are feeling that particular day.
    Jumbur likes this.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

The necro AE changes don't affect Solteris (at least the one that splits).

The thing used on that was the pet bomb ae (I forget which level) because it couldn't critical so you were always doing a set amount to each mob. Slow as heck, but assuming you could pile up mobs, extremely reliable.

It would be nice to get a clarification on the AE turn down for the later necro spells. One of the things wizards were hoping was that our AE damage gets a look. With the tune, it's hard to tell if AE damage in general is not wanted at the end game, if they thought the scale up progression of necro spheres was unsustainable or (in my crazy dream scenario) they want to help wizard AE damage and this was step one. But ... communication is lacking ...
  5. MonsterAnimal New Member

It's already difficult to find anyone wanting to play/main an Enchanter after the PoP era. Then they nerfed charm Classic-PoP, now they are nerfing AE stun.

Lets face it, beyond Crowd control and Buffs, Enchanters don't really fill any other role. Everyone when the Enchanters nuke because their nukes push the mobs around and their DoT's are nothing to write home about.

I haven't played an Enchanter past the current expansion that Mangler is on, but as far as I've heard, it doesn't get much better for Enchanters going forward. The level 70 PBAE stun already put all of our other stuns on CD, so I just assumed going forward that you were only able to use 1 PBAE at a time anyways.

RIP Enchanter class 1999-2021
  6. Silu Elder

I'll have to math it out, but if you do Tantor with a max of 5 targets in range at once (Tantor, 3 lings, 1 rabbit), it would be significantly less DPS to use the AE vs casting the top 3 DoTs on each mob. The only viable event in CoV post-nerf would be Defenders (assuming the drakes make it to a single pile), and even then, you wouldn't cast more than one sphere per wave or once the dragons go active.
  7. kizant Augur

I would do the math and make a case. That's all I'm saying. When I was dealing with similar issues I posted parses of the damage each spell did compared to the one I thought was too weak. It might help.
  8. Illithis New Member

As a TLP enchanter main from classic through (so far) PoR, I'm fine with this. It should only really impact solo LGuk / Chardok / Deep / PoI enchanter stun boxes on TLPs, and the limitation can be overcome with a change in group composition (to more echanters). Past L65, when nerfed charming purges the roles of most enchanter mains in TLP land, it's a moot point anyway as stun locking mobs affected by those spells on the occasions when you'd actually want to AE them is typically not the best way to go about it.
    kizant likes this.
  9. Verily Tjark Augur

Darkpaw your decision making is seriously flawed...

Why are live server enchanters getting screwed again by TLP servers?

First you absolutely destroy charm pet dps, because their dps was too strong on TLP servers...

Now you nerf our pbae stun timers, because of AE groups on TLP servers...

Seems to me you have a TLP problem you should address. Why must the few remaining enchanter mains on live servers suffer too?
  10. KrakenReality Augur

I've been explaining it in the TLP thread, and its been brought up here a couple of times but this a major nerf to Live Enchanters. Modern design incorporates bane elements from various spell types (stun, mez, slow, root, etc) and this is now a 50% reduction in our ability to provide the necessary bane damage.

Everyone is focused on being able to chain stun mobs, but ignoring the Live implementation of these spell lines. It genuinely feels like some new dev found a spell with a different time is fixing a "problem" with no real thought to the scope of the changes.
    Metanis likes this.
  11. eqMath Journeyman

Are you going to complain about this in various threads, or do something productive like make a bug thread?

A developer fixed something and it wasn't what you wanted. Another episode of As Norrath Turns.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Krazzi Elder

I dont see the enchanter stun nerf, affecting boxers at all. They will just box 2 more chanters and keep doing the same stuff.
    kizant and Skuz like this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You do realize that looking into and removing the cazic touch on an is likely relatively simple to deciding how to fix the T1 raid issues right?
    kizant and Skuz like this.
  14. kizant Augur

Just let paladins deal with stun. Why is it such a big deal? Your stuns are super slow to cast anyway. Even Wizards can spam stuns with 0.5 second cast time. Just worry about slow and mez. I'd love to see where the 50% number comes from if you're arguing that you should be good at all those banes.
  15. KrakenReality Augur

1) It's a 1 second cast for Color Flux, and less than 2 second cast for every other stun.
    2) The fastest casting slow is Desolate Deeds, 1.5s and 6s recast. The AE slow is on much longer timer like 3 minutes. Using any other slow is going to cost 2.5s and 6s recast.
    3) Going from 2 to 1 cast is a 50% reduction for stun bane damage.
    4) Are you going to argue that the primary utility class shouldn't be good at doing utility bane damage?
    5) How are you going to talk about slow casting stuns and prioritizing slows that take even longer to cast?

If you're not really familiar with enchanters then you really should take a seat on the bench.
  16. Zinth Augur

uhm pally stuns are 1 target... what have you been smoking?
  17. kizant Augur

Yeah, I know they're slow.

You didn't say stun bane damage the first time. Your total bane damage is still going to be more than most classes. It's not that big of a deal.

No. I'm saying that you shouldn't expect to be the best in every kind of bane damage. Even after this change your class is still amazingly great at this role.

Because less classes can cast slow and it's harder to spam. You should focus on the banes that are more difficult and not the ones that get you the best parse.

Then I guess I shouldn't take a seat? Thanks for validating my response.
  18. KrakenReality Augur

You're still wrong. Go, take seat.
  19. menown Augur

Just about 2 months ago, I used necro aura to get past event 3 in Solteris. Pet bombs first came out with The Underfoot expansion. Four more upgrades came with the pet bombs before the first useful aura (Echo of Dissolution) came out with TBM expansion.

All of the pet bombs do exactly 8k unresistable damage per cast. The necro aura has a disease resist check. If one of the golems resist the aura, then you get them out of balance. All you have to do is cast Scent of Thule on each golem before using the aura. You also must click off the aura as soon as the wave of golems despawn and the new wave of golems spawn.

Using the aura was much faster.
  20. Herf Augur

Yes what is it? It's not listed in Zam.