/sigh

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Verily Tjark, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Verily Tjark Augur

- Enchanter - All spells in the Color Flux line now share the same timer.

RIP
    KrakenReality likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

3. kizant Augur

Does that hurt some power leveling business or something on live?
    Dovhesi, Szilent and Verily Tjark like this.
  4. KrakenReality Augur

F
  5. Verily Tjark Augur

I'm mainly upset that TLP servers keep causing nerfs on live servers.

I guess at least they didn't do this during TBL with UEE raid..
    GoneFission likes this.
  6. KrakenReality Augur

It’s going to suck, when they incorporate more of those same mechanics into future raids.
  7. Corleone New Member

Nothing to see here. It's the standard, seasonal Enchanter nerf from TLP servers. I'm too lazy to look, but I bet you could find a TLP nerf affecting Enchanters all the way up to Live on every TLP since 2015, maybe?

Enjoy rebuffing dead people and casting NET ad nauseum. I thought people had learned already. Just make yourself a SK + zerk group. Enchanters are a relic of a different game.
    KrakenReality and Verily Tjark like this.
  8. Dovhesi Elder

Wow. Silly me. Never thought to try memming multiple color flux line spells on my spell bar at a time... Suppose that means you can actually play good and stun monsters in a spell rotation with other enchanters in raid without the need to yonk half your spell bar up with stun spells. Who has bountiful spell gems available for multiple stuns anyway? o_O
    Is this really a nerf to enchanters? I mean... not imo. But I also don't play on TLP or PL ppl, so... meh.
    Does not being able to cast multiple color flux stuns back to back suddenly convert enchanters to buff bot status? Ummm... no.
    Enchanters are a relic of a different game? Is that somehow implying that enchanters serve no purpose outside of casting rebuffs on dead ppl and popping off NPT? ... Tf is wrong with u ppl.
    #enchantersarestillamazing
    #getgoodandsee
    Smokeydistic, Belexes and RPoo like this.
  9. RPoo Augur

Honestly, bane-wise, I used chaotic feedback anyway because the whirlwinds were usually too far apart anyway to hit more than one at a time. Same thing with mephits, one AE loaded, one single target(chaotic feedback) to control exactly which one I'm stunning that's not in range, 2s(1.6) no silly refresh other than GCD.
    Szilent, kizant and Dovhesi like this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Yes, but mostly on TLP where double-AE stun is a really effective CC strategy.
  11. Dovhesi Elder

Ah, I don't play on TLP. Is there a shortage of enchanters over there or something? I suppose I can understand frustration if there is only like 1 enchanter in raid trying to stun lock multiple adds. Although, in that case, I could argue that it might be an even more effective CC strategy to recruit more enchanters. Unless you are referring to double-AE stun as an effective CC strategy for group content... In which case I would not be able to speak to because I haven't stunned things in group content in a verrrrrry long time. Lol.
    kizant likes this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

It's effective in group content. Early TLP enchanters are walking gods because of charm and CC,so there are a ton of them. Double ae stun is a good way to handle a lot of situations
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

It's mainly intended as a nerf to AE groups on TLP servers in places like The Deep and Plane of Innovation. Basically 2 enchanters with ahem, "careful" timing could keep a stack of 100+ mobs permanently stunned, and then they are nuked down with wizards and other AE damagers.

Now with the nerf it would require more enchanters (I think 4?) to achieve the same thing.
  14. draxx101 New Member

seems like using a sledge hammer to crack a nut..

why not just throw a random amount of mobs in these AE areas that are immune to stun?
  15. kizant Augur

Because they'd have to do that in zones all over the game and it would unfairly make things more difficult for regular groups. The change they went with makes the game more consistent overall since having shared timers is how they solved the problem originally starting around LDON or so.
    Tucoh and Dovhesi like this.
  16. Igorath-Bertox Elder

Yup as soon as they nerf'd Green Goblin Heads it was pretty much the end of Live Server Support. Cheers to the sheep who still pay.