Zavitar's Ale of Intimidation, growth part not working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Evurkvest, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Evurkvest Augur

Zavitar's Ale of Intimidation has effect:

Intimidation
    Description
    1: Add effect: Grow
    2: PostEffect (2)
    3: PostEffectData (-5373952)
    Game Description
    Anger causes you to see red and also grow in height.

Grow
    Description
    1: Increase Player Size by 100%
    Game Description
    Tap into Cazic-Thule's essence.

Player size does not increase. All buffs stripped before applying.
    Svann2 and CatsPaws like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Quote on forums From 2014
    Zavitar's Ale -- this hasn't ever worked properly. The post effects work, but the grow has never worked since day 1 last year. This isn't a new problem. Its just never been fixed.

I will add a "like" to your post in hopes of getting this finally fixed but I don't hold out hope since they changed being able to make pets bigger so likely broke the grow code.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

gosh the grow part has always worked for me, I use it on Ely when someone shrinks me at a bad time.

I miss the red effect on the screen though. It had it for a while, then stopped with the rose colored glasses effect.
  4. Evurkvest Augur

Im getting the opposite, post effect but no grow. Do you have post effects enabled? options -> display -> advanced
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Nope it was off. oops. my bad, nothing to see here, move along...
    I know why I had it off, it takes up a buff slot.
    But the grow part did work
  6. Evurkvest Augur

I did some testing and it seems like it will grow you if you are already shrunk. But not to a larger size than normal.
    Svann2 likes this.
  7. Nniki Augur

It's also always worked for me at normal size, including in illusions.
    [IMG]
  8. Evurkvest Augur

Perhaps this has something to do with models. The char i have the item on is male Iksar luclin model. Tested to remove all visable armour and weapons but that didnt change things.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

Doesnt work for my vah shir bard.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

Curious, maybe there's a hidden check in the Grow data that if 100% it makes you grow TO 100%, not BY 100%. So if shrunk, you return to normal height, but if normal height it looks like nothing happens.

And it's also good idea to put in model and class that if shrunk does not return to normal height. But if the above is true, then no model is going to grow > 100% anyway.

Wouldn't turning off post effects just not display the color change, not block a buff? Or is that a back-end feature in order to not show post they have to block it?
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

nah I'm a woodelf, I can grow taller than a human with it. and yes, having the post effects off made it where I didn't see red. BUT it adds a buff to the buff window, that takes up a space where I could have a usable buff, so it's not blocking a buff per se, just wasting space.