Test Update 04/13/21 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Darkhain Elder

I personnaly think, nerfing the numbers of mob affected by the AE's to 12, would be a better call.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Gnothappening Augur

Last time on Mangler one guild lined up around a specific stone to try to block others from getting through it.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

What am I doing with this information?
  4. KrakenReality Augur

If, you’re going to push the stun change then you need to adjust the events that utilize stun spells as bane damage.
    Tharvog likes this.
  5. Tharvog Elder

We used enchanters to ae stun light blue trash mobs for Terris Thule event in PoNightmare. PoFear on the shadow step imps. Several luclin raids: High priest event in Ssra, multiple traps spawning during Akheva raiding that overwhelms your raid without it, among others.

Not to mention the over pulling that can sometimes occur for the standard group and your pet breaks. You NEED 2 aoe stuns at the very least to function properly as an enchanter. This is a ridiculous way to fix a problem. Staff up and do what was promised. Nerfing enchanter YET again is silly.

Just nerf zone xp in the deep and poinn. Easy fix. Sure people will go to other areas but what are we actually combating here?? Fast xp? or over boxing? im confused with which way the cancel culture has gone.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

For those raids there should be enough enchanters to cast the spell that it shouldn't have a major impact on stun locking. Just means that you might need a few more encanters to do it.
  7. Angahran Augur

If that is true, $1 for a 1 shot teleport, that's insane.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

Nothing. Just giving other examples of where it is useful as a one shot item, even if it costs $1.
  9. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

You don't support it because it puts a definitive end to your bot army, zerg guild from blocking thousands of TLP players from progressing when your warpers occupy a single zone like a bus load of fat kids at the chocolate factory.
  10. Silu Elder

This is not going to be great for the guilds now struggling to beat the Defenders raid after the lag fixes went in. Can we get mage or (ideally) wizard AE damage increased to compensate for the loss here?
  11. A Wonderer Journeyman

Nothing meaningful about it. It's ePeen waving from the likes of you that think it is.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What lag fixes? Lag fixes isn't fixed it is still as bad as ever if not worse.
    RPoo and Svann2 like this.
  13. Cannikin Augur

Thank you for this. I have an old guild in mind where I still keep an officer alt, but the rank of "Senior Officer" didn't exist at the time most players left/stopped playing.
    Ferriciean likes this.
  14. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

This is several years overdue.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Skuz and Nennius like this.
  15. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Are we going to go another month with the new CoV raid staff being inferior to the ToV raid staff?
  16. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Probably. I'm not sure they read Sancus' post from the last test update thread yet ... you know, the very first post in that thread.

I'll be honest. No idea how in the heck they are choosing what to do anymore. Absor's first post in a month is on a stupid complaint about the "cazic touch" from efreeti...which no one but ONE person actually complained about.

Of course it got fixed in the patch.

...still can't get CoV raid cheese from T1 fixed...
    RPoo, Gyurika Godofwar and Mongol311 like this.
  17. Zeelot Elder

These are some of the worst changes I have ever seen the devs make in 22 years of playing EQ.

The nerf on enchanters stun affects a number of raids that have bane damage from stuns and it changes a fundamental way the game has been played all this time.

The necro AE was a somewhat useful spell this was never overpowered and was only used in certain situations. They might as well delete the entire spell line if this change goes live because it isn't going to be used at all anymore.

it is also strange that a number of bugs are not being addressed, as others have pointed out in this thread.
    SoDonMangler likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And some of those certain situations were likely unintended and problematic in the eyes of the developers, that's usually why you get to see such drastic changes like this happen.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Isn't there a raid in solteris that can't be completed out of era UNLESS you have a necro who can cast those AEs, due to hp-balancing adds?

Something about banestrike/crits breaking the hp-balance with all other spells?

And for those of you who wants to limit #targets for enchanter-stuns. Some raids rely on AoE-stuns, the sarnak-phase in Lcea comes to mind.
    dank and Moege like this.
  20. Almanz New Member

Worst idea ever.

If you have to nerf encs make the stuns only hit x number of mobs, like alot before me already suggested, say somewhere betwen 6 and 12 perhaps.

that stun is just too big a tool in the CC toolbox to ruin like this.

Best idea in a long time period.
    SoDonMangler likes this.