[Feedback] New Plane of Tranq Spells

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cragzop, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

From Test Patch notes:
    - - Created teleport spells for wizards and druids that teleport to tranquility. These are sold in Shadowhaven and are available once Planes of Power opens. Look for Ealerel Tidebringer and Goesl Sealsonich.

Is there lore that I missed linking Shadowhaven to Plane of Tranquility?

Cause at first glance, the placement of these spells in Shadowhaven makes no sense to me.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Not that I know a lot about lore, but I would have expected pop-spells to be available in the library in pok. Or maybe in plane of tranquility?
  3. Lupercus New Member

Isn't much in the lore about it taking hours to zone into Tranquility, or doors never opening in Knowledge on a TLP expansion launch either.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am thinking putting it in Shadowhaven would help newbs on a progression or expansion-locked server? Going from Shadows of Luclin to Planes of Power without being too obvious?
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

But Plane of Knowledge spells are in ... Plane of Knowledge.
    Zynt and Yinla like this.
  6. Szilent Augur

I don't even know why teleporting to PoTranquility is desirable
    Nennius, Coagagin and Velisaris_MS like this.
  7. KyleEverett New Member

It's to avoid the massive issues on PoP launch on TLP. Anyone that can skip PoK to get to the planes for that initial flag rush is a huge deal.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

You mean running through pok once on expansion launch, will crash the server or something? Or do people care about a 30 second headstart, when they have AOC's and picks? :confused:

That said, a pot-port isn't high on my wish list, but it could end up being "useful" both for pop itself but also for TBM later on(if you don't have a ggh port).
    Not that pot is a difficult destination anyway though.:p
  9. KyleEverett New Member

Most TLPs have massive issues on PoP launch with PoK stones not working, doors not opening, and the zone generally not functioning.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Fair enough, I have never tried a TLP, so I assumed they had worked out most of the kinks.

I wonder how much those ports will help though?

At least the ports got added right when I was thinking of finishing pop-progression! :)
  11. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Okay.

So, this is because the launch of PoP is a flaming pile of poo on TLP servers and we have two about to hit PoP so they are trying something else. And by using a non-PoK vendor (and not Tranq), folks can completely circumvent PoK.

It's a reason.

I am curious if the fact that all the folks who were going to be stuck in PoK will now be stuck in PoTranq and nothing will work there now on launch because folks will be porting en masse into Tranq.

Enjoy PoP Aradune and Rizlona!

P.S. Thank you for the responses.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The issue with PoK is it doesn't support picks. So on PoP launch you have 1000+ players in one zone all trying to click a portal into another zone and lagging it out.

Tranquility supports picks so it won't suffer the same problems. It's still likely to be slow with everyone all trying to zone at the same time, but provided people spread out and not all pile in shadowhaven it shouldn't be anywhere near as bad.
    Xyroff-cazic., Zynt, Tucoh and 2 others like this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Surely the logical thing would have been to allow POK to be a pick instead of adding yet another PoP port.

The mind boggles that there are now 4 porting zones next to each other, PoTime, PoK, Stratos and now PoTranq.

And ports/TLs that actually would have been useful for every server still haven't been added. :mad:
    Metanis likes this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I'm sure there are more than that: Nexus, for one.

Feerrott (druids), Butcherblock (druids).... you get the idea. I know the druid ones. Wizzy, not so much.
  15. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

More ports are a good thing...devs don't listen to the self-loathers who hate most of us love new port options!
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yes and no. They should, but it isn't as easy as flipping a switch or just setting "AllowPick = true" or w/e they do to enable it.

PoK is a special zone. It has an enormous number of NPCs, quests, scripts, etc., far more than any other zone in eq.

Think of all the trouble they had instancing other PoP era content like Justice (trials) and Nightmare (hedge maze) because of the complicated scripting those used. Iirc Prathun had to end up rewriting a ton of that to make it work inside the picks. That's nothing compared to the complexity of PoK.

Of course I do think long term they should fix it:

1) They need to STOP PUTTING MORE THINGS IN POK. There is already too much there, and they keep making it worse by adding more.

2) They should move all of the temporary stuff (anniversary/holiday content) OUT of PoK and into a separate special zone sort of like what they did moving all the beta-only stuff into the Crafthalls.

3) It might be beneficial to create a separate Live version of the Crafthalls zone and move most of the tradeskill out of PoK into there. I imagine some people wouldn't be happy with that idea, but I do think it would help with splitting up the population so they don't all congregate in a single zone all the time.
    Niskin, Szilent and Yinla like this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It is one port, which is next to 3 other zones you can port to. There are at least 6 other zones that have had been requested to have ports to which would have been far more useful.

Level is also too low should be at least level 60 or if your going by the last 2 expansion rules for porting level 63/64. 1/2 levels under the max level of the expansion.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would say western wastes(COV) and empyr(TBL), would be obvious useful port destinations. :)
    Velisaris_MS and Sissruukk like this.
  19. Szilent Augur

2 - ooh, ooh! West Freeport: The Arcane Fair !

3 - absolutely.

I've described my vision for all this elsewhere. The whole ground level of PoK should be drowned in an elemental catastrophe, leaving only the Library standing above the waves.
  20. Jennre Band Leader

Empyr is a flagged required zone, so I would be surprised if it was added.