The Fall of Lord Bayle group mission difficulty. cotf progression in 2021

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drink water, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Drink water New Member

I figured I'd take my box team though cotf progression considering it's a seven year old expansion now. Everything is easy enough except this mission. I was not really expecting the extreme difficulty. My team is a necro,mage,ranger,chanter, cleric merc, and monk. All betweeen 110-115. I figured the adds would be easy enough to deal with but I'm getting overwhelmed. Any tips would be appreciated.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Even out-levelled this mission has mechanics you cannot ignore, I almost beat it as a 3 box 110 Ber/Shm/Brd with 3 healer mercs but was overwhelmed by boss-HP related adds as I accidentally did too much dps to the boss and ended up with multiple add-waves together.

So treat adds as the priority & use easy/slow dps on the boss and you will likely find it way easier.
    SmellyFinger likes this.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It looks like you're relying on pets to tank, which should be no problem for your level, but I imagine a player tank would be able to control the adds much better during complicated scripts like Tower of Rot. Have you tried asking your guild, friends, or random people if they want to help out tanking?

edit: Skuz brings up an excellent point, don't overdps the boss, if you're doing that.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I was doing cotf progression while back i did this mission twice 1st time was a mistake as i didnt read up on it and just burned dps on my ranger that didnt go to well got to many adds and died. I came back and did it a second time it was a long and interesting fight this was done on my 115 ranger with merc i was doing all the hunters and progression was pretty fun.

Andarriel
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Don't burn.
    Pet works on boss, but the way adds rush in not likely to pick them all up in time, second tank helps, punt boss into a corner and pet tank to avoid extra AEs.
    The ghost adds are mezzable (or rootable?).
    The minis can not CC (in between add waves or with add waves? and I think minis are between boss phases so you should be able to pet tank the minis).
    Dont ignore the mini abilities although I can't remember them without looking it up but remember they can be annoying.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

That was the only time I needed a real group when I did CotF progression last year. I could even molo TDS challenger without problems... but not this one...
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

I believe the beguilers mez as well, and another ghost mob will do a knockdown on you so that you have to /stand to get back up.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Duoed with my beast and rogue. Prioritise adds not too much Dps on named and its fine. I think named locked at the end with adds up, so you can't ignore them.
  9. Zynt Augur

This mission makes me feel more like a noob than killing myself with Mortifier's Unity. I really want to molo it but the beguilers keep messing me up. This weekend I was like, "let me get old school and cast disease cloud or splurt on myself to break mezz," of course I had to take all my gear off and Cascade of Decay procced and crit so I died, to my own hand, yet again. It's like it's 2000 and I'm taking smoke breaks while hiding in a hut in EK and forget to click off lich.

That being said, I have never taken my time and made the adds priority.
  10. Tsavo New Member

With 115 SK (50%ish raid gear), MOLO, just keep changing to adds, Beguiled always being priority, the trash, the minis, then boss.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The problem with this mission for me is trying to get that one achievement where you need x of a certain type of mob up till the end.
  12. bobokatt Augur

I too decided to start with COtF and finish everything I had never bothered to do. Solo easy enough at 115 as a necro. Now, that ONE mission the Fall of Lord Bayle that was the only one I could not do initially.

I finally brought in my Mage and as others have said, DO NOT burn the name mobs. I set my necro pet on whatever named with no DOTS. Just let him tank it straight up and forget about that pet until it needs to get moved to the next named. Then used the Mage's pet and his garg pets and necro and any other pets just attack everything else without GHOLD on. Just let them go crazy. The Mage would then AE/BEAM like mad the adds that pop along with the necro AE aura. Again nice and easy on whatever named turn it is so you do not get overwhelmed with adds. 2 healer mercs of course. I did this a few times to task add friends etc. Worked like a treat.
    Yinla and Zynt like this.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Befriend an enchanter. Do not AE. (or AE, and befriend a new enchanter)