Avoid PL's from Hazey

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Masfonos, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Figuring out what sells for what to other players, varies greatly from server to server. Which means a specific advice is not universal, and can't be used on other servers.
    Vendor-prices is a game-wide constant...
    That said, visiting /bar after a day of questing/grinding is good advice.

Another advice could be to see what the /bar prices are, and then set up a bazar-seller that sells it for even more, It won't get you fast plat though, but it could be more profitable in the long-term(again, depending on server).
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I don't ever sell anything that isn't vendor trash, except diamonds and blue diamonds. I keep all TS items in houses for TS runs, and to level up new chars for TS. Yeah, I know I could probably make a lot from them, but I'd rather have them than need them later.

It would be hilarious if they had an EQ function which looks in all your banks and houses, and gives a plat total from what could be gotten from vendors and/or buyers. I probably have millions I don't even know about ;)

Though, I do have to say, I think the market on Tunare is weak for this stuff. A few times over the years I've looked into buyers, and been fairly underwhelmed. Then, I saw posts last year about using Overseer currency to buy ornaments and sell them for a nice profit. Took a look in Bazaar, near as I can tell, there's no market for ornaments at all on Tunare.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The only thing I found that sells well from overseer, was conflagrant ore from tradeskill-quests. Probably used to twink out alts...Surprisingly conflagrant silk wasn't a big seller on /bar last I looked... but again, that is server specific. Says something about the current state of casters I guess...

I wouldn't count on /overseer to be a big money-maker though, I doubt people will pay hundreds of plat for something they can get for "free" through overseer. Those who do, are probably just not paying attention, so I doubt it will last...
  4. KrakenReality Augur

Conflagrant is RoS, which the ST and OT bots farmed a near infinite supply from their PL groups.
  5. Zinth Augur

maybe just play the game instead of feeding the PL business?
    No.2Guild likes this.
  6. narksar Augur

Contact customer service. I believe they can see that there was nothing traded in return, which would raise a red flag unto itself. Not to mention, /report the conversation, check your /log file for info you can give them and screenshots can all help but what they really want is the /reported conversation.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You're adorable, really.

That's not how it works.
    Jennre likes this.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

The OP shouldn't have given a krono to a complete stranger for a PL. OP should have bought one of the Upgraded heroics that is level appropriate for the current game era. Oh, wait...
    Laronk likes this.
  9. Morby Slacker

It would be super helpful to know what server
  10. No.2Guild New Member

Good. If enough people become dubious of green for exp it will shorten the list of suppliers and free the zones up to us regular folk. Hazey is doing gods work.
  11. GoneFission Augur

The conflagrant ore makes Overlord’s pet armor and weapons. The only silk piece is shoulders. I would buy a few ores, if I lost a pet and ran short on stock. But only a few, and only if they were cheap. Just making the armor and especially the weapons is expensive enough.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A fool and his money are soon parted.
  13. Cicelee Augur

Imagine being the OP and coming to this thread expecting sympathy and compassion, and instead seeing the thread turn to mockery and a discussion of where to farm plat. Not necessarily what OP was expecting...
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The forum is not the right place for accusations anyway. Im surprised the thread hasn't been deleted yet...:confused:
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

It's a specially matched set.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

meh, I see people paying for PL and/or missions every single day. Not a krono, but the point remains the same even for a lesser sum. Never have I heard anyone say someone is a fool for paying, except for the few times Ive heard complaints about someone charging over the "going rate".
  17. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I don't even understand the whole PL thing. If you don't want to level up your toon why even play the game? There are other games you can play with maxed out toons instantly without having to pay for a character to be developed.
    Kase likes this.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I sympathize with the OP.

We were all new. Back in like 2002, I traded a ton of gear (e.g. Hierophant's Crook, Shield of the Slain Unicorn) in East Commonlands for an Elder Spiritist BP. Back then, on big trades (involving multiple items or bags without shared bank), sometimes you had to hand items between characters and trust the other individual. Well, I was scammed of my best gear.

OP can petition to report the player. GM could investigate and contact the offender for a chilling effect (account/IP address check).
  19. quakedragon Augur

People want to play with others, pretty much 1-95 is a solo and it isn't a week of play to 95, its like a couple weeks or months, and solo, thats not fun. Hence pay for PL, 95, and can get groups and enjoy the game.

What would be nice is some MMs, that give crazy regular xp, like a whole level. That a lvl say 50 can do with 115s. Playing other games like GW2, a newplayer can easily jump into game and do group content. EQ, its a huge grind now, vast barren, and nobody likes being under lvl 95.
    Vumad likes this.
  20. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Well that's a really valid point...I guess should DP consider offering a second tier of Heroic Characters for purchase going from 85 to 100 or maybe offering 5 level increments to purchase up to a certain level?