Avoid PL's from Hazey

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Masfonos, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Masfonos New Member

I was messaged today while seeking a PL and received a tell from a guy named Hazey. Ran all the way over and he stole the KR and logged off next to a group of unknowing players who were already farming there, probably one of his boxes. Daybreak has no player protections for using real currency to purchase items. So be careful and only trade after being in the group and know its legit. Also if you are Hazey you're scum and I hope you develop severe sleep apnea.
    narksar likes this.
  2. Aenoan Augur

That's an easy solution. Report and /log. But the player seriously needs to stop treating Krono as a damn currency. It's always been a pet peeve and yes I do use them just for actual game time not as a replacement for play.

That being said. I am sorry to hear that if I knew how to PL I would just do it for free or something, anything to mess with plat sellers and/or the other riff raff!
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

What? Krono is inherently designed to function as currency. It is tradeable, has an inherent value, and is widely circulated. It also serves as the main form of cross-server currency, and is thus much more fluid than plat. I'm not sure how you think it ever would not be used in this way.
    narksar, code-zero, Qimble and 3 others like this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

A Krono for a PL? Holy cr@p, that better be all 115 levels for 6 chars, sets of gear, and skilling up all the skills.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Aside from the fact that by naming the player involved you've practically guaranteed that this thread will go...POOF!...handing over a krono to someone you don't know for a service that you could rather easily provide for yourself is kind of silly. Do you often just throw money around? if so, I have a stack of really, really, special spider silks for sale. They are really unique in a way that I just can't describe in words. Honest. They're worth tons of krono.
  6. KarmaKitty Augur

Nennius in before the lock (again) :)
  7. KarmaKitty Augur

Heroic character, Overseer tasks, TAs go a long way to getting one to 115. Still requires a little work. Gives you time to get the feel of a class (not enough to be "skilled") and leaves you behind on AAs. Does make for a fair start and at least there are groups at 115 if you are into that sort of thing. Also,
    a bit short on cash and lite on bling, but that can be fixed.

TAs prior to ToV are a bit hard to find.

Much safer than giving some sketchy PL-er krono in the back alleys of Freeport.
  8. Cicelee Augur

Wow severe sleep apnea? A cruel one you are! Sleep apnea is bad enough, but you just want to go wishing severe on someone?
    Elyssanda and Tatanka like this.
  9. Cicelee Augur

At least s/he did it Friday afternoon after everyone went home for the weekend. Hopefully this gets to 4 pages of semi quality FQ ing...
    Gyurika Godofwar and Nennius like this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you for looking on the bright side of things again. It will be great fun.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ask the guy on your server what he charges...you know the one I mean ;)
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Actually, I don't.

I'm in complete solo/box mode. The only time I pay any attention to chat is when I have a question, and wait for the response ;)

My comment was based on pure economics. I can generate 10-20Kpp / hour if I'm just concentrating on that (which I almost never am). Krono sell for 2-2.2Mpp each. Let's say 2M, and I can generate 20K. That's 100 hours of grinding plat to pay for a PL. Just doesn't make sense to me.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Seems like randomly dropping a krono on someone and expecting something in return is a dumb idea.
    (Not going to go into whether whatever they were offering is worth it. It's worth what the buyer is paying)

Hey there random person I don't know. Why don't you take my money and I'll trust you will do something for me.
    No.2Guild likes this.
  14. Qimble Augur

That's a pitiful number, if you try even the tiniest bit you should be able to generate WAY more than that per hour through smart farming.
  15. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Sure, I'll bite. What's your preferred method of making plat?
  16. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I hear scamming people into giving you kronos for nothing is a good hourly rate.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Oh, I have no doubt that's true. The number quoted was what >I< see, not what people who are good at it can do. And as I said there, I rarely ever do that, so naturally, you don't get good at what you don't practice. I literally spend 3-4 hours a year farming plat. You know, something interesting and low-priced in the Bazaar, and I need plat now (I know, I should just call AG Wentworth). Normally, I just do whatever, and ignore the plat totals, since I usually don't spend much plat. It's just not a priority.

Having said that, my original point stands. If you farm plat slow (like me), then a Krono for a PL is ludicrous. If you farm plat really fast (like you), then hey, getting ripped off for a plat is not that big a deal, you'll have another in a couple hours ;)

Edit: Just out of curiosity, care to throw a couple hints at a scrub? I obviously don't expect you to give away the farm, but just some pointers to what constitutes "smart farming". Up to now, I just hit up a zone where I remember decent gem drops happen, and where I still get some XP, and head there. I know I could probably make more in old world zone like Seb, but I almost NEVER do anything in EQ that only accomplishes one thing. It's plat and XP, XP and progression, XP and collectibles, etc.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

When Im desperate for plat, I AOE in the Grounds in HoT. There is no XP, but everything drops diamonds.

Remember to be kind and scoot away, if some level-appropriate group shows up to hunt. Claiming a whole zone is only ok if you are alone. :)

In my experience, post krono expansions have less plat/vendor-junk drops(there is probably a conspiracy there...:eek: ) and diamond-drops peaks around HoT...
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yeah, that's what I figured, older no-XP-at-my-level zones are where it's at. Too bad I HATE farming mobs for no XP :) Also, none of my three chars have AoE abilities (well, druid, sure, but with a 24sec CD, so LOL)

Thanks for the tip, though. Maybe I'll hero a wizard to keep for occasions such as this.
  20. quakedragon Augur

Just need to sell smarter.
    It's not all about gem drops. Its about Buyers.
    Ice of Velious, use to be nothing, but its 700 plat on buyers now.
    Got two in two clearings. Thanks for the tip. Can't believe these things are selling on the Cazic server for 20k....crazy.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2923 (2019 it was 20k)
    There are Buyers who buy sunshard ores that buy for 900 plat, fine silk that buy for 100 plat, binding powders for 200 plat. These monsters they drop specific items about their bestiary frequently that give 10 - 90plat too. If your lvl 100+, you'd be clearing the whole zone.

I wouldn't goto any zones pre TSS to be farming for plat in either. Unless its a hot item from buyers.

You could be selling an item that goes for 100-10000plat to buyers, always check if you can sell to buyers.